Local Beach: Weymouth
Style: Freestyle, Freeride
Brand Affiliation: none
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ozone 9m Edge performing well

Postby easy2e » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:17 am

fishing for Views,

Yes another Gopro video, Have a look at some footage taken from the Gopro mounted to the Kite at Portland harbour this weekend, quick mash up, I've seen a lot worse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9HA2hj1 ... e=youtu.be

waynepjh
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone edges and c4
Brand Affiliation: Ozone team rider

Re: Ozone 9m Edge performing well

Postby waynepjh » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:59 am

wow kinda looks like you almost hit two people and just about landed on a windsurfer. Cool spot though. :nono:

noel
Very Frequent Poster

Postby noel » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:35 am

Is the kite not blown up enough? You can see the wingtip buckle and fold at 2:38.

Eurus
Frequent Poster

Postby Eurus » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:47 am

waynepjh wrote:wow kinda looks like you almost hit two people and just about landed on a windsurfer. Cool spot though. :nono:
Yeah OP...at the 1:10 mark what the hell were you thinking? It's one thing to boost just before you pass another rider who is down wind of you but throwing a loop is gonna' pull you right into his heading and you nearly hit the dude.

Where was your situational awareness?

easy2e
Rare Poster

Postby easy2e » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:48 am

The kite is pumped up to the recommended 8 PSI

the problem happens when performing kiteloops, when it re enters the power it sort of spills out the sides due to its aspect ratio and drag versus air speed, The Edge is not designed for that type of riding, the C4's are much better for that.

I knew some Jobs worth would comment on my risk factor, I say ride it like you stole it, I was simply defining my air space and offering a visual warning to stay the f*** out of my way,

The guy that nearly got nailed is the same dickhead that nearly took out my mate by riding up his arse, You can see his kite crash into the orange one around 3:10,

later that day the very same dickhead crashed into my kite which resulted in kites wrapped together and the QR being activated, so much for the warning

another video if your interested http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8xQDra3IE0

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby plummet » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:40 am

easy2e wrote:later that day the very same dickhead crashed into my kite which resulted in kites wrapped together and the QR being activated, so much for the warning

It takes 2 for kites to crash together. if the guy is less skilled then stay away from him. Its sounds like your were the dick head of the day buzzing dudes and jumping close to windsurfers.

I see no time when jumping close to guys to scare them away is a valid and reasonable response. It will only invoke anger and more dickhead like behaviour.

PS it they are your buddies and your buzzing them for shits and giggles its fair game.

PSs I liked the long floaty jumps later in the vid.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:02 pm

easy2e wrote:The kite is pumped up to the recommended 8 PSI

the problem happens when performing kiteloops, when it re enters the power it sort of spills out the sides due to its aspect ratio and drag versus air speed, The Edge is not designed for that type of riding, the C4's are much better for that.

I knew some Jobs worth would comment on my risk factor, I say ride it like you stole it, I was simply defining my air space and offering a visual warning to stay the f*** out of my way,

The guy that nearly got nailed is the same dickhead that nearly took out my mate by riding up his arse, You can see his kite crash into the orange one around 3:10,

later that day the very same dickhead crashed into my kite which resulted in kites wrapped together and the QR being activated, so much for the warning

another video if your interested http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8xQDra3IE0
I go to 10psi on mine, when flying the kite at the top end of the wind range it helps keep the kite the right shape. They really don't like flying when under inflated.

You should be going a lot higher though :P

coleman
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby coleman » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:48 pm

Ride it like you stole it? :lol:

waynepjh
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone edges and c4
Brand Affiliation: Ozone team rider

Postby waynepjh » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:12 pm

It's rad to push yourself and take risks but when you do that it's best to not unknowingly involve others in your radness. Just saying. Maybe they were your friends I don't know but just an observation from the video. No hating:)

easy2e
Rare Poster

Postby easy2e » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:56 pm

hey Tone:

10 PSI ???? really...thats a lot of pressure my friend, especially in high winds, you seriously run the chance of splitting them seams and that would be a disaster....

and by the way, where did it say anything about top of its wind range, it was under powered most of the day, do you think id be looping that bad boy so close to people in 35 knots????? it was more like a 13m day......

lets see your video then sky boy......

Return to “Kitesurfing”