the new catalog is already in the stores... our local shop let me have a glance at it!
The main improvements (as far as I can remember them) are:
- The bar is fully adjustable while you ride and has pivoting bar ends! There are two versions (45-55cm and 55-62cm, as far as I remember)
- The new colors look quite cool (much more colourful than the previous ranges).. Switchblade comes in a blue/yellow, orange/coloured and green/coloured)
- Apparently big improvements on materials.. double ripstop, etc.
- The bar has a "low V" to increase turning speed
- They kite-bridal attachments on the switchblade was reduced to 2... again, to increase turning speed...
For the Switchy, the catalog highlighted something like "huge jumping" and "massive airtime" with "increased low-end" and "major improved turning speed"...
I guess even without taking the kite improvements into account, being able to increase the bar length and having the low V could make the SB faster if required, which was one of its flaws...
No surprises in the line-up... Switchblade as the "can do it all", Vector as the "entry" and "Drifter" as the surf...
Again, that's just the stuff as far as I can remember it from having a quick look...
The revolver is back in gunmetal color. Think it said cuben fiber in there.. Only 12m size.
The bar is brand new with orange/blue and green color scheme.. not adjustable but they will introduce a new size, 35 cm..
The switchblades comes only in solid colors with a less is more attitude. No more printed material but ghost flames silkscreened on. Only small cabrinha logo on the struts..
Crossbow is considered THE freeriding kite. Taking out velocity.. same design as last year without printed material.
Chaos comes in a super transparent printed material. You can see the bladders on the inside..
They will re-introduce mutant boards and limit their TT and Surf selection since the mutant does it all.
I saw one kite where the struts were sown on top of the canopy, no one pump..
New snowkite foil is in the pipeline..
all bladders are 1,6mm thick for durability..
Electric pump included on all kites....
It said 200% depower all over the catalog so maybe a new bridle somewhere..