Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ozone 9m Edge performing well

forum for kitesurfers


Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2918
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:25 am
Kiting since: 12
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ozone 9m Edge performing well

Postby Westozzy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:51 am

Yeh man I did. Yeh its my fave kite, although the zephyr from 11 to 17 has just blown me away. Never been so excited to get out in 15 knots!

Yeh its more closer to the nine that the 11, the 11 just seems to be that sweet size. Such great low end and yet incredible top end, and yet that 11m gives you that perfect canopy for real lofted floaty jumps. That being said the 10m is right for my weight, turns obviously quicker and gets me out in 20 plus a lot more comfortably. Can get more vertical on the 10 or it is easier to dial it in. Just an aspect of canopy size and apparent wind build up. Nah man still the great feel that you get with an edge. But....I would love ozone to bring out smaller sized zephyrs, now that's something I'd love to try...to get that extra bit of static grunt.

easy2e
Rare Poster
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:25 am
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Weymouth
Style: Freestyle, Freeride
Brand Affiliation: none

Re: Ozone 9m Edge performing well

Postby easy2e » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:25 pm

I love the way all these people like to shout about how good they are and how much better they are than every body else,

I've mentioned many times the kite was not in the high end of its wind range but I'm still getting told I'm not jumping high enough, you can go so much higher, yeah yeah yeah what ever, at least I'm actually out there doing it instead of critising others, at no point in this video did I mention, oh look at me jumping, it was uploaded for a laugh and for others to enjoy, this was not an attempt to break the air time record FFS

its a very sad world we live in when all people can do is pick fault with others........ i ride for my enjoyment not yours......

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2918
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:25 am
Kiting since: 12
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ozone 9m Edge performing well

Postby Westozzy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:48 pm

Hey easy2e you could consider just letting it go, might be less stress for ya. Ta for the vid.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1887
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:34 pm

Re: Ozone 9m Edge performing well

Postby Tone » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:54 pm

easy2e wrote:I love the way all these people like to shout about how good they are and how much better they are than every body else,

I've mentioned many times the kite was not in the high end of its wind range but I'm still getting told I'm not jumping high enough, you can go so much higher, yeah yeah yeah what ever, at least I'm actually out there doing it instead of critising others, at no point in this video did I mention, oh look at me jumping, it was uploaded for a laugh and for others to enjoy, this was not an attempt to break the air time record FFS

its a very sad world we live in when all people can do is pick fault with others........ i ride for my enjoyment not yours......


Bud, my comments were all totally tongue in cheek.

As I already said, I bought Edges off the back of your vid earlier in the year.

Mimicry is the greatest form of flattery.

This escalated due to a few choice comments by yourself and others (including me)

It's been a great summer for kitesurfing in the UK. Been on the water 22 hours in the last 7 days,.

Glad you're getting out too.

Tony

Tone
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1887
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:34 pm

Re: Ozone 9m Edge performing well

Postby Tone » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:56 pm

Westozzy wrote:Yeh man I did. Yeh its my fave kite, although the zephyr from 11 to 17 has just blown me away. Never been so excited to get out in 15 knots!

Yeh its more closer to the nine that the 11, the 11 just seems to be that sweet size. Such great low end and yet incredible top end, and yet that 11m gives you that perfect canopy for real lofted floaty jumps. That being said the 10m is right for my weight, turns obviously quicker and gets me out in 20 plus a lot more comfortably. Can get more vertical on the 10 or it is easier to dial it in. Just an aspect of canopy size and apparent wind build up. Nah man still the great feel that you get with an edge. But....I would love ozone to bring out smaller sized zephyrs, now that's something I'd love to try...to get that extra bit of static grunt.


Yeah, my light wind kite is a 15m Flysurfer, in 15 knots I can really have a great time!

Glad you like the Edge. I am keen to try the 7m in 40+ knots, I reckon that will be a rocket ship!

Tony

User avatar
Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 4744
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 am
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Ozone 9m Edge performing well

Postby Kamikuza » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:06 pm

I hate you Tone - be surprised if I was on the water 7 hours in the last 22 days :( summer doldrums can just bugger right off, eh.

Defend your... seriously? :roll:

easy2e
Rare Poster
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:25 am
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Weymouth
Style: Freestyle, Freeride
Brand Affiliation: none

Re: Ozone 9m Edge performing well

Postby easy2e » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:17 pm

Tone wrote:
easy2e wrote:I love the way all these people like to shout about how good they are and how much better they are than every body else,

I've mentioned many times the kite was not in the high end of its wind range but I'm still getting told I'm not jumping high enough, you can go so much higher, yeah yeah yeah what ever, at least I'm actually out there doing it instead of critising others, at no point in this video did I mention, oh look at me jumping, it was uploaded for a laugh and for others to enjoy, this was not an attempt to break the air time record FFS

its a very sad world we live in when all people can do is pick fault with others........ i ride for my enjoyment not yours......


Bud, my comments were all totally tongue in cheek.

As I already said, I bought Edges off the back of your vid earlier in the year.

Mimicry is the greatest form of flattery.

This escalated due to a few choice comments by yourself and others (including me)

It's been a great summer for kitesurfing in the UK. Been on the water 22 hours in the last 7 days,.

Glad you're getting out too.

Tony


hey Tone I get where you were coming from, thats fine.... what pisses me off is advise from people that clearly do not know a thing about the subject, like "your only going half as high as the edge will go..... well yeah because it wasn't very windy, hence kiteloops from stand still and no depower what so ever, blindingly obvious to those that know,

I am interested though in tips from experienced kitesurfers because thats how we get better

were on the same page my friend, i took your comments as a joke and gave back the same

on a lighter note, 280 views in 24 hours, not bad for a beginner lol


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bataleon, Bing [Bot], ducksndogs, ichabod and 15 guests