All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Winter waves, winter sun
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:55 pm 
Medium Poster

Boys, and girls,

hoping you re all well. Now I need to get away - I shall be looking to leave the gorgeous UK behind for Jan/Feb and want to know where you think I should go. My thoughts - SA, Mui Ne, Boracay. But where else do you guys recommend? Ideally I want waves and flats, warm weather, and few sharks! Remote holds no fears, nor does distance to destination. Please come forth and share your gems. Thankyou.

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Winter waves, winter sun
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:57 am 
Frequent Poster

weird, no responses. Puerto Rico NW coast is banging in january/feb. i try to hit it every year around then. saw the biggest waves of my life last feb. triple+ over, was unreal. and no suits. E wind regulary, a lot of 9/10m not really any flats, except on finicky difficult to access south side of island. wave action is where its at.

South Padre Island Texas is a ton of riding Nov - March, and a lot of shoulder - head high down wind wave shred and epic flatwater, but mostly wetsuit weather or borderline wetsuit weather.

Last edited by bnthere on Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:11 am 
Medium Poster

cabarte dr. waves and flat river.

[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/61856738[/vimeo]

https://vimeo.com/61856738

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:32 pm 
Medium Poster

Jan/Feb prime time in Cape Town, South Africa, which is why you will find almost all the top freestyle and wave pro's here at that time - 5.0 to 9.0 kites plus wind, waves, sunshine and a VERY favourable exchange rate!
If you want to ride with big kites and race boards better try elsewhere :-)

With a fully developed product and repair infrastructure, plus the best gear prices around you won't find better at that time.

[ 4 posts ]