Forum for kitesurfers
Slulfefly
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

fone new quick release problem

Postby Slulfefly » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:41 pm

hello
me want to show problem with fone quick release mi friend had. it is new release changed after recal!
he go kite then back to beach,strong gust hit and he want release,but not work.he pull strap and wrong velcro open.he ok,but why this release? not good!
Attachments
2fone.png
2fone.png (398.61 KiB) Viewed 2533 times

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: fone new quick release problem

Postby Westozzy » Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:13 pm

No shit, what idiots use a design from 2006!

Quality kites with a prehistoric quick release. Idiots.

eldadgold
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eldadgold » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:07 pm

Soooo you have one post on this forum and it is bashing Fone.... Let me be skeptic about your real intentions.

I have been riding Fone for a While and the QR works every time. That's why it haven't changed in 7 years. It just works.
If you look at the picture, and have half a brain, you can understand that you are supposed to keep polling the red strap, the QR will open.

marekmk
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: africa, new zealand, madagascar, LA, brazil prea, ect
Style: twin tip, strapless surf board, foil
Gear: this year (15) teaching & riding on f-one, Ozone, North Kites
Ocean Rodeo Duke board, Nugget board, Bomb and more
Kentos foil

Postby marekmk » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:51 pm

prehistoric release! am teaching at the moment in Africa with this system and every student has to pull the release at least 3 times on the course.
on at least two occasion this year, the loop, after release has got caught in the hook of the harness. I wrote to f-one 5 years ago with this issue and 5 years later its the same issue. I can only think that all the feed back we share with f-one is all a waste of time. arrogance beyond.

ps the bandit is a nice kite to fly!

andrepen
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Buzios, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Postby andrepen » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:12 am

eldadgold wrote:Soooo you have one post on this forum and it is bashing Fone.... Let me be skeptic about your real intentions.

I have been riding Fone for a While and the QR works every time. That's why it haven't changed in 7 years. It just works.
If you look at the picture, and have half a brain, you can understand that you are supposed to keep polling the red strap, the QR will open.
That was an arrogant answer... I look the picture and see a big misconception on this qr.... It should not open at the base. The new ones are not like that. I use bandit 2012, and i think the QR is the big issue on this kite.

Slulfefly
Rare Poster

Postby Slulfefly » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:33 am

sorry but this happen to mi friend, not open!!! lucky he ok! why should he ly? I think better to warn other!
no business just help!

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:06 am

Ah yes the righteous defenders of this system rise again. We have been here before.

but alas each has their own opinion. Sorry I was so blatant in my response bad form on my part.

I had a bandit 5. Unreal quality and the price matches this. the quick release just used to bug me.

I'm sure it works.

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:28 pm

Bet your friend never practiced the quick release. I am not defending the release or not but I think people need to always check their releases every few... I dont know sessions? Also be familiar with throwing the quick release. This goes for everybody no matter what your level is especially when you change brands of bar or type of release. :nono:

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:36 pm

well, regardless of what you think of the brand there are very very obvious usability issues with this system.

Given the following: In a situation where you need to release you do not have a lot of time.
If the red looks like a loop (but really is a tab), then the user will expect to pull a loop..ie stick their fingers in and pull without much grip on the tab). If this loop pulls apart (I'm guessing the idea is safety for fingers) the user will lose grip and have to try to find the now tab to pull it again. There might not be time to do this in an emergency situation.

I tend towards simple and easy designs, and i think a lot of times designers forget the basics. Having a tab can be fine (further investigation would be needed), but to do not ever mislead users to think it is something it is not. What a safety system does and does not do has to be clearly communicated. The burden is on the company. The ONLY time this would be an acceptable solution is if the loop would tear and became a tab only after the rest of the safety had been pulled in 100% of the cases.

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:47 pm

Get to know your release, its really simple Taut, I had that release and it worked fine but only after I figured out with lines under pressure how it works. People dont think they need it until its too late.

Return to “Kitesurfing”