Favorite Beaches: Silver Rock
Style: questionable
Gear: Core Nexus
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Core XR vs XR2

Postby Craven Morehead » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:25 pm

Can I ask you guys about the sensor bar. I am in the Uk and have just received some kites and a bar from Core. Like many here in Europe I wear a Mystic harness (currently the new majestic.)

The Core chicken loop/finger combo plastics are so large in diameter for the hook that you cannot disengage the finger once powered on the water. It is a very tight fit and there is just insufficient play/ space within Mystic hooks to extract the finger on the fly as it locks in to the hook super tight!!

I’m one of those riders who likes to lock in securely for secure hooked big air moves and then unlock the finger for spells of unhooked action. I was rather concerned that this setup doesn’t let me do that on Europe’s most popular harness brand!

Wondered if Core have heard this before? I will need to look for a modification unless they offer a smaller diameter finger.

Anyone had any similar experiences?

thanks

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:45 pm

Yes with the Mystic hook the chicken stick really fits too snug to take out easily when riding

I wonder if it would be easier to pull out changing to the " larger Core chicken loop "

In my opinion the stick diameter should be less.. tapering towards the tip...making it more flexible

http://store.corekites.com/index.php/ca ... fd3c90d777

Craven Morehead
Rare Poster
Local Beach: UK South Coast
Favorite Beaches: Silver Rock
Style: questionable
Gear: Core Nexus

Postby Craven Morehead » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:20 pm

For anyone else who might come across this I've not heard anything back from the Core people. As a result I have had to 'jimmy' a solution.
Naish sell a donkey stick spare which is a perfect fit for the loop. And I've tried quite a few.

listed here:
http://naishkites.shptron.com/p/chicken-finger

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster

Postby robertovillate » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:12 am

Craven Morehead wrote:For anyone else who might come across this I've not heard anything back from the Core people. As a result I have had to 'jimmy' a solution.
Naish sell a donkey stick spare which is a perfect fit for the loop. And I've tried quite a few.

listed here:
http://naishkites.shptron.com/p/chicken-finger
I think it would be pretty easy to modify using some heavy duty fuel line (diameter selected to your liking) and then just replace the supplied rigid stick with the hose. I've used heavy duty fuel line in the past and it worked well.

I have the Sensor bar myself and it works fine with my hooks. I suppose the other option would be to spread your hook gap out a little more?

or...shave/sand the supplied stick down a bit?

anyway, should be pretty easy to solve one way or the other.

Medium Poster

Postby 1968 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:55 am

Hi,

Has anybody tried the Core Kites with a Naish Universal Bar?

Thanks,
K.

Return to “Kitesurfing”