Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Cabrinha syncs - big pads??

Forum for kitesurfers
dragnfly
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Blackpool/ St Annes. New Brighton (UK)
Favorite Beaches: UK - Rhosneigr. New Brighton, Blackrock Sands.
Non UK - Dakhla.
Style: FS80% WS15% Strapless5%
Gear: Cabrinha FX 12,9 & SB 7m, Drifter 5m
Crazyfly Raptor ltd 136 2018 (best board ever!)
Slingshot Screamer
Brand Affiliation: None

Cabrinha syncs - big pads??

Postby dragnfly » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:10 pm

So, I treated myself to some syncs,and duly spent 30 minutes swearing and seating trying to attach them to my board.
Now they are attached, the pads look insanely large. Is this normal? I have size 8 feet.
The pads almost overhang the heel side edge of the board, and my heel is miles away from the nice rounded edge. My toes don't even reach what looks like what is supposed to be a 'toe bar'.
I bought the small size.
Are they designed for Sasquatch??

RideLow
Frequent Poster
Gear: Wipika Free air! <3
Brand Affiliation: Blue Waffle

Re: Cabrinha syncs - big pads??

Postby RideLow » Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:14 am

The straps comes in two sizes. Small and Standard.
I have Euro 43 (us10) feet and prefered Small on mine. Standard are supposed to be Euro 42 and below methinks..

The pita of fitting your pads are only while they are brand new.. use them once and there is never a problem.. I liked mine!

bnthere
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island and South Texas USA

Hood River and the Columbia River Gorge USA
Favorite Beaches: South Padre Island Texas: year round the best flatwater and fall - winter - spring fun wave riding as well.
Style: all styles of kite riding
Gear: Blade
Mystic
WindAlert
Brand Affiliation: Blade
Mystic
WindAlert
Seadoo
Headzone
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby bnthere » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:21 am

there are many binding options out there. it is weird that brands have until recently insisted on selling a binding with their boards, as if it was part of the board, or everyone had the same foot. thankfully more brands are finally offering bindings separately, and of different styles.

you should have picked some that fit your foot better, sorry.

Vacaloca
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Buenos aires, chascomus, punta rasa

Postby Vacaloca » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:51 pm

Can you post a picture of your pads? I also bought Cabrinha Syncs a year ago and they were IMPOSSIBLE to put in a 2011 Caliber.. I mean really impossible, like the screw being too short for all the layers of fabric, plastic and what not.. And now the issue I have is that they are not comfortable at all, they just don't have enough tweaks in them... I saw the North bindings the other day and I was surprised with all the positioning options... they won't fit in my Caliber, though.

RideLow
Frequent Poster

Postby RideLow » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:13 am

They are not impossible to put on but they need some tricks the first time when the material is new.
Have you looked at the mounting instructions that comes with them?

Check out this, it might help.. :)

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Postby dyyylan » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:19 pm

Vacaloca wrote:Can you post a picture of your pads? I also bought Cabrinha Syncs a year ago and they were IMPOSSIBLE to put in a 2011 Caliber.. I mean really impossible, like the screw being too short for all the layers of fabric, plastic and what not.. And now the issue I have is that they are not comfortable at all, they just don't have enough tweaks in them... I saw the North bindings the other day and I was surprised with all the positioning options... they won't fit in my Caliber, though.
Haha, I had the same problem with the 2012 ones, whatever they were called. The zebra colored straps. I spent about an hour trying to figure it out before I called a friend over (a cabrinha rep) to show me what to do. Stupid system imo

dragnfly
Frequent Poster
Non UK - Dakhla.
Slingshot Screamer

Postby dragnfly » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:49 pm

Cheers for the replies.

The issue I have is not about the strap fitting my foot - it fits fine and will hold my feet in well. Its about the size of the pad. I've linked some pix. You can see the pad is so big it nearly overhangs both sides of the board, and i'd say its likely to drag in the water at times. My heel is also quite a way from the raised wall at the back, and my toes dont reach the toe bar, despite me having fairly average size feet and ordering the 'small' set up.

bnthere
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Padre Island and South Texas USA

Hood River and the Columbia River Gorge USA
Favorite Beaches: South Padre Island Texas: year round the best flatwater and fall - winter - spring fun wave riding as well.
Style: all styles of kite riding
Gear: Blade
Mystic
WindAlert
Brand Affiliation: Blade
Mystic
WindAlert
Seadoo
Headzone

Postby bnthere » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:03 am

ya, clearly a poor fit. shoulda got different ones. what is this post about anyway? you want advise on how to make the base of the binding smaller? i think you should send em back and go find ones that fit you better.

i believe litewave uses a smaller base, but a big strap i think. um, naish's new baseplate bindings seem small i think i recall.

you should look around for a womens sized binding, then ask if it is actually smaller or unique in any way besides the color to make sure.

RideLow
Frequent Poster

Postby RideLow » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:51 am

thats not a small pad...

Anyway. .I dont think it will drag anywhere and try them out or return them.. I would get some of the newer ones in Small (thats the 2010 model) or the new hydra instead..

If you are not happy with them and they are new just return them and get something else.. Im sure your dealer will sort you out :)

dragnfly
Frequent Poster
Non UK - Dakhla.
Slingshot Screamer

Postby dragnfly » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:11 am

Hey, thanks again for the comments.
I didn't realise they were 2010s - just checked the shop advert I bought them from and it clearly says 2012. Just on that basis, and because I'm not happy with the fit on my board, I will return them.
Now, the search for some nice locked in not too large straps and pads begins.... Again.....
Cheers

Return to “Kitesurfing”