Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

TT and mutant moves in the waves.

Postby plummet » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:31 pm

Ok blokes for those weirdo's that enjoy a good TT or mutant wave session lets discuss some moves you like doing.
One that i'm really enjoying the hell out of at the mo is this. imagine cross on wind with a nice swell period in between waves.

Crank as fast as possible on the flat water to the wave lip healside (backwards on a mutant). BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST as high as possible.
Add what ever tweak or oldstyle move your comfortable doing on a monster boost.
As your blasting through the air you spot the next wave forming in front of you.
Redirected for a rocket fast down wind landing.
Switch the board to toeside land superfast on the next wave face while fishpoling the bar for downloop.
Crank down the line like a bullet or (my personal favourite) throw the mother of all high speed bottom turns and blast back upwind.

Ahhh.. lots of fun. It doesn't happen too often that I can time landing on the next wave face. but when I can.... ohh that's the holy grail!

jrfiol
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cayo Enrique, La Parguera; Montones Beach, Isabela; Dorado Beach, Dorado.
Favorite Beaches: Not yet.
Style: waverider, freestyle
Gear: Slingshot RPM 10, Darko 135. I also have a Liquid Force Havoc 12 and Rally 14M.
Has thanked: 0

Re: TT and mutant moves in the waves.

Postby jrfiol » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:41 pm

plummet wrote:Ok blokes for those weirdo's that enjoy a good TT or mutant wave session lets discuss some moves you like doing.
One that i'm really enjoying the hell out of at the mo is this. imagine cross on wind with a nice swell period in between waves.

Crank as fast as possible on the flat water to the wave lip healside (backwards on a mutant). BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST as high as possible.
Add what ever tweak or oldstyle move your comfortable doing on a monster boost.
As your blasting through the air you spot the next wave forming in front of you.
Redirected for a rocket fast down wind landing.
Switch the board to toeside land superfast on the next wave face while fishpoling the bar for downloop.
Crank down the line like a bullet or (my personal favourite) throw the mother of all high speed bottom turns and blast back upwind.

Ahhh.. lots of fun. It doesn't happen too often that I can time landing on the next wave face. but when I can.... ohh that's the holy grail!

Yeah bro! I call that kook-style-clownin'. I also like the back roll kite loop off the lip to heal side to downloop crank down the line off of the next face's lip for a high speed bottom turn blasting upwind!!!!

Wooohooo!! KSC!

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:15 pm

nice I just got a monarch after about 6 months without a TT (don't ask)...I have a wave thaty is in accessible to surfboards on medium to low tride..but perfect for TT (well unless you crash).

Super fun to go fast and boost off the wave...since it is side / side off I can either downloop and land on the same wave or try to carve off the next wave. All of the what you guys said above appeals to me...but if I compare it to a directional I do still find it hard to really carve turn on a TT :-)

Just depends on the day really :-)

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:27 pm

At this stage, I do nothing reliably but... on Sunday, managed a back-roll out the top of the wave, drifted some in the air then landed back on the same wave, rode down the face and shot out of the breaking water.

By "wave" I mean the 3-foot monster breakers we were getting...

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:33 am

Kamikuza wrote:At this stage, I do nothing reliably but... on Sunday, managed a back-roll out the top of the wave, drifted some in the air then landed back on the same wave, rode down the face and shot out of the breaking water.

By "wave" I mean the 3-foot monster breakers we were getting...
Claim it mate, mate claim it. back roll off an back onto the same wave is a cool move.

tautologies wrote:nice I just got a monarch after about 6 months without a TT (don't ask)...I have a wave thaty is in accessible to surfboards on medium to low tride..but perfect for TT (well unless you crash).

Super fun to go fast and boost off the wave...since it is side / side off I can either downloop and land on the same wave or try to carve off the next wave. All of the what you guys said above appeals to me...but if I compare it to a directional I do still find it hard to really carve turn on a TT :-)

Just depends on the day really :-)
Fair play. blasting waves on a TT is not everyone cut of tea. good to see you do both.

Return to “Kitesurfing”