Forum for kitesurfers
LoneWolf
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Blade/Epic chicken loop release

Postby LoneWolf » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:10 am

reminds me so much of eclipse back in the day, sign fits perfectly!

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:29 am

LoneWolf wrote:reminds me so much of eclipse back in the day, sign fits perfectly!
Please excuse my ignorance but what is all the secret and anger behind Eclipse? Can anyone enlighten me? I guess I haven't missed anything by *not* getting into Eclipse gear?

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:47 pm

Caesar wrote:
LoneWolf wrote:reminds me so much of eclipse back in the day, sign fits perfectly!
Please excuse my ignorance but what is all the secret and anger behind Eclipse? Can anyone enlighten me? I guess I haven't missed anything by *not* getting into Eclipse gear?

I can't believe you haven't fallowed the Eclipse story. These kites were very good actually, albeit I've got the Thrusters a little too ahead of my skill level - and choked my progression for a season or two. Back at the time, Dimitri was nothing but an employee - the right hand of Chris Cousins who owned Eclipse. 2007-s were great kites, but awful quality. 2008 were the toughest kites i've ever seen, they've moved the production in China and these kites lasted on me 3 full seasons without a single scratch - not even a pin hole. But right around releasing the 2009 line, Eclipse started having some money flow issues, which resulted in delayed shipments as well as shipments that have never happened despite being fully paid. Eclipse went bye-bye! Dimitri has started Epic and it literally happened over-night, one day he announces that he leaves Eclipse and the fallowing day Epic appears with a full line of kites. Nobody knows exactly what has really happened, but everybody are blaming Chris Cousins for mismanaging the company and stealing the cash.

That being said, right around the time when Dimitri bailed out (or was getting ready), Eclipse was still trying to swim out and got Bill and Felix as kite designers. They were working on a new C-kite as well as on improvements of existing kites. Long story short - Eclipse went belly up after all, but Switch (with Bill and Felix on the steering wheel) has popped up with the full line of Eclipse kites with a Switch badge on them. Of course Switch was claiming that these were 150% their own designs... yeah sure! The 2nd gen of Switch kites is their own of course, nonetheless - to me - Switch was born out of the same lies in which Eclipse has burned down.

If you'll take time to dig out some last Eclipse threads, they look a lot like all this BS from Dimitri we're getting, just that Chris Cousins was inventing lies to justify the lack of gear shipments and Dimitri is inventing lies to justify - what they call at Epic - a "customer service". He should've picked a different name not starting with an "E"... bad genetics - it seems...

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster

Postby alexeyga » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:00 pm

soul19 wrote: ....he has made all attempts to help you out ....
James,
When somebody is trying to bend you over and own repeatedly (what they call - the Greek style), I call it "making attempts to screw you" and not "making attempts to help you out". If a part is failing repeatedly - it is a defective part - what's so hard to comprehend? If you find this acceptable - good for you. I don't!

SupaEZ wrote:Ontario vs Quebec..Les Canadiens sont la....hip hip hip...hoorah...Oh Canada :party1:

:surf: :bye:
I'm not a native Canadian Sup, so you've got it all wrong this time! :baby: :lol:

BigPaul
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Manchester
Style: Free ride
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby BigPaul » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:30 pm

alexeyga wrote:BigPaul,
I'm really-really sorry for saying bad things about that favorite brand of yours! I really am! It won't happen again! I promise!!! :remybussi:
Erm? :nono:

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:17 pm

All this for the cost of postage from Hatteras to Quebec for a free replacement strap.

The level of Egocentrism displayed on this forum regularly by adult men (several of them) is hard to believe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egocentrism

Temper tantrums that go on for eight or nine months in some cases.

If this is indeed the second (or third is it now ) buckle you have worn out.
And 7075 other customers have used the same assembly from this company (one of 11 companies who use the identical buckle) with some customers using it successfully for two thousand hours so far...
THEN YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING DIFFERENT, YOU ARE NOT THE NORM.

Here is a pic of a my Epic buckle, my Blade buckle, and a ten year old Naish buckle, all the exact same part (I looked closely at the mold marks) and all totally functional.
I used the Naish years ago, use the Blade with my small kites for three years, and use the Epic with medium sized kites for two years.
Epic is supplying a commonly used buckle, molded out of the same stuff and coming from the same suppliers as the other companies.
If your story is accurate, then you have statistically hit the lottery of unlucky...
or something strange is going on with what you are doing.
Attachments
Strap.jpg
Last edited by L0KI on Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:11 am, edited 4 times in total.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:40 pm

With all due respect Mr.alexeyga but you have no idea what happened inside the ECLIPSE story. So if I were you I would not even go there. We all got burned from the owner of that company. And this is the reason why I started my own kite company called EPIC KITES. So please get your story straight before you start blowing smoke like you always do.
Also I think you need to go kiting more then once a month and spend some time on your new bar that you just got or else will never know if its wearing out.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster

Postby alexeyga » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:All this for the cost of postage from Hatteras to Quebec for one free replacement strap.

The level of Egocentrism displayed on this forum regularly by adult men (several of them) is hard to believe.
The level if illiteracy displayed on this forum is even harder to believe, because if you knew how to read, you'd know by now that I've already paid to get one replacement shipped - it has already failed so right now I have to pay for 2 more. And In 3 months I'll have to get another set because they keep failing? This is far beyond a simple cost of postage.

Dimitri M wrote: Also I think you need to go kiting more then once a month and spend some time on your new bar that you just got or else will never know if its wearing out.
Dimitri,
If we're kiting but once a month up here and wearing your crappy trimmers so fast I can't even imagine what's the real failure rate where people ride once a day. Keep up the good work about how we're the only ones with these issues! You seem really good at it! :thumb:

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:59 pm

Your story has now grown to 3 buckles you wore out ..and the timeline is down to 12 sessions to wear one out.
You are either harder on buckles than every team rider/dealer/school that Epic has, or you are the most unlucky kiter ever... or there is something off about what you are reporting.
By the way, this is the same buckle used on the 2012 Naish Shift Bar that you're recommending people go buy.

There are 32,772 members on this forum.
You are one crying child who is unwilling to take the bottle being offered to you.
You think 32,000 people want to listen to you cry?
Try to grow up and act like a man.
Work out a solution to your problem for Christ sakes!!!!!!!!
Last edited by L0KI on Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster

Postby alexeyga » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:There are 36,000 members on this forum.
You are one crying child who is unwilling to take the bottle being offered to you.
You think 36,000 people want to listen to you cry?
Go to the dictionary and look up the word.
Grow up and act like a man, and work out a solution to your problem for Christ sakes!!!!!!!!
Again, if you knew how to read, you'd know that I've been riding with different bars for years, best example being the Eclipse bar with the same pull-pull trimmer, and none of these bars have failed me. That is until getting the Epic bar and all of a sudden you want me to believe that it's ok to replace the trimmer after every dozen sessions? Do you even take time to comprehend the BS you're writing?

Return to “Kitesurfing”