Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Naish: North Sports

Forum for kitesurfers
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 13, 2002 12:14 pm

It has been recently been brought to my attention, agin, so I think maybe it's worth sharing..

--North Sports, the importer here in the states for naish kites has nothing to do with naish kites that are sold out of hawaii. In short, if you live here in the USA(mainland) and you were to order a naish kite from a dealer in hawaii, and then you were to have a problem with it, you would have a very hard time getting it dealt with unless you ship it back to where you got it from in Hawaii.--

I know guy who is frustarted and pulling his hair our just wanting his kite repaired and returned. He bought it from a hawaii dealer, had a problem with it. he returnd it to a dealer local to him in the states. this dealer sent it to North Sports who then sent it back unrepaired and pretty much untouched. When North was called about it on the telephone, their answer was simple; "we are not touching that kite, it was bought in Hawaii. We have nothing to do with kites sold in hawaii, sorry."

At least theyre polite about telling you to take it and go away.

It pays to support your local dealer. He can help you better in the fututre if he was the one you bought the gear from in the first place. If at possible at all, buy what you need locally. It not only supports your local dealers, it help to support kiteboarding in general in your area.

I didn't know if this was commong knowledge among american based riders or not, but I think that it should be since so many are riding naishs and alot of them I know order them from hawaii. So there it is.

JLB

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Dwight » Tue Aug 13, 2002 1:08 pm

I had learned about his fact myself back in the AR5 days. I was upset that dealers in Hawaii are always able to get the all the Naish kites they want, while North Sports doesn't have them. In those days the retail price was lower in Hawaii.

North Sports doesn't have 18m X2's right now. I'll bet they have them in Hawaii. I think this may be why some buyers go to Hawaii to shop.

These are good points. In this sport you really do need dealer support. You never know when something may fall apart.

Tony
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 80 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, NC
Style: Foil
Gear: Delta HA Foils 1280,1050,850,700
Airush Nitros and Duotone Slicks
Appletree Jazz
Bunch of other gear I need to sell

Postby Tony » Tue Aug 13, 2002 1:39 pm

Support your local shops. It's worth every penny when you have a problem. Also kind of nice having local shops :smile:

ctkiteboarding
Medium Poster

Postby ctkiteboarding » Tue Aug 13, 2002 6:40 pm

supply us with the kites we want and at a reasonable time and most kiters will buy from the local retail shop , but with the recent x2 supply problems its no wonder kiters are going to whom ever can get them the kite, im still waiting for my local shop to get me a 20 x2 so that i can enjoy the summer thermals powered up but still no kite and i dont even wana bring up the smaller x2 that i have way too long almost had to buy wipi and cabrina well heres hoping someone is reading

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dwight » Tue Aug 13, 2002 7:03 pm

Have you noticed how Europe, Japan, Australia, and Hawaii all get kites before the mainland US? Even Canada had Airush kites 3 months before the US.

I guess the US market is crap compared the rest of the world. Why are US distributors always clueless. They never know what's coming or when they might get it.

We have to hear from Japan about the 18 Toro.

jever98
Frequent Poster

Postby jever98 » Tue Aug 13, 2002 7:08 pm

The German x2 importer is hopeless. One of the biggest markets in Europe. And we get so little (20 still not available). But in Holland and Spain, you can get all that stuff already!!

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dwight » Tue Aug 13, 2002 7:46 pm

So it's the importer/distributors that are the problem.

Robert Kr
Rare Poster

Postby Robert Kr » Tue Aug 13, 2002 8:40 pm

As far as I know the German distributor for Naish (and North, but not sure) is Kubus, from the Netherlands.

So if there are a limited number of certain kites we, the Dutch, probably get them before the Germans.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 13, 2002 11:00 pm

It's common knowledge for us here that Europe is ahead of the US by about 3 months, in the world of kiteboarding anyway.

Ask people in America about the new GTO kite and you get back "huh?". Yet it is set to be debuted in Europe on this Aug 23..I believe is the correct date. I bet even after this date has come and gone and it has been debuted over there, it will prolly be 2 months or more before we see or hear much about it in the US mainland. So america will more than likely be hearing about it as well, through the grapevine, as Dwight mentioned.

Does anyone know exactley why this is?

Johnny

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dwight » Wed Aug 14, 2002 2:25 am

I've been told you buy more kites and windsurfers, so you get more attention from the manufacturers.

Return to “Kitesurfing”