Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Kites 3rd Generation. 3G II

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:31 am

Some one asked in a previous topic to see a video of the SURF kite in action.
Well I was able to put together a video of one of the prototype 8m SURF kite. Sorry about the quality but we had only an IPHONE with us. Plus I did not know it was going to be so windy so I did not have the SURF 5 with me only the 8m & 12m. I was way over powered on the kite since it was blowing 16 to 32++ mph and I did not want to use the RENEGADE 6.5 so I can check its performance in these conditions. The only way to be able to hold the SURF 8 and wave ride was to set it up on the lower knot in order to have it depowered all the time. Not great but it worked and I was able to test its performance.

YOUTUBE:

VIMEO:

Flysurf77
Medium Poster
Gear: EPIC KITEBOARDING
Brand Affiliation: IKO/PADI/EPIC/WAINMAN
Been thanked: 0

Postby Flysurf77 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:08 am

I like a peaceful Kiteforum.......sigh......so relaxing......sigh.....just like today s session enjoying the 4G gear! :remybussi:
GOPR0888.JPG
:mosh:

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Westozzy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:58 pm

Okay cheers for that. Yeh seems to drift okay, but hard to tell you were obviously powered to the max and never had the ability to stall and drift down the line in that mush. Seems to have some decent forward turning which is good in a wave kite I reckon.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:07 pm

Okay cheers for that. Yeh seems to drift okay, but hard to tell you were obviously powered to the max and never had the ability to stall and drift down the line in that mush. Seems to have some decent forward turning which is good in a wave kite I reckon.
I was way over powered Westozzy. Every body else was using 6 meters. And I think one of them was using a 7 meter and had a terrible time from what he told me. I wish I had the SURF 5m that day. Now I know its performance in this type of wind. Plus not to forget the wind was "Side Off".

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:06 pm

First off I never thought I would be writing a review of a kite on this thread, ever... never say never!
My wife was able to ride her 7m 3g11 Renegade yesterday for the first time, funny it was only blowing 17 knots. She had a great afternoon of riding, actually landing her first back-rolls. She was amazed on how long she could ride, how well it relaunched, and how it fires up wind. In comparison to her 2011 SBs the Renegades have lighter bar pressure, and relaunch much easier and have more low end, She would typically be on a 10m in the same wind with her old kites. I think she also realized yesterday that in the past she was a bit overpowered on the 10m and could have been on her 8m SB...

As far as customer service goes, I doubt any company will ever come close to the service from Dimitri, Helen and Kristy. I honestly don't know how Dimitri does it, he answers my email usually within minutes. I had a question about how the new bar works so I can set up one of my own, he makes a video, takes measurements for me etc. I mentioned I am looking for bar parts, he offers to send me some he has kicking around his garage.
Kristy must be related because some how she can also respond to emails within minutes! They show amazing attention to detail, and listen your to instructions. You don't get any of this ... our policy is this so you must pay this way and we must ship by this courier etc... They do it how you want it done! I'm floored and excited to get my new kites!

Sincerely
Pete
Attachments
photo.png

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:11 pm

Laughingman wrote:As far as customer service goes, I doubt any company will ever come close to the service from Dimitri, Helen and Kristy. I honestly don't know how Dimitri does it, he answers my email usually within minutes. I had a question about how the new bar works so I can set up one of my own, he makes a video, takes measurements for me etc. I mentioned I am looking for bar parts, he offers to send me some he has kicking around his garage.
Kristy must be related because some how she can also respond to emails within minutes! They show amazing attention to detail, and listen your to instructions. You don't get any of this ... our policy is this so you must pay this way and we must ship by this courier etc... They do it how you want it done! I'm floored and excited to get my new kites!
Sincerely
Pete
Hi Pete,

Greetings from Rome (Rammstein concert tomorrow).
I was very excited too when I received my first Epic kite and me too wrote a report how happy I was with the performance. But wait half a year and we will see what you will say then...
Maybe your favorite kite company's owner changed his customer service attitude and learned his lesson and you are better off than me (and a few others).

Cheers
Caesar 8)

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby KYLakeKiter » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:36 am

It has been 6 months now since I bought my Infinity and I am still a happy customer. I have to agree that the response I get from Epic is better than any other company I deal with. Any issue or question I have had with my kite has been answered personally by Dimitiri within hours (less if he is not kiting at the time) I don't get that kind of support from anything else I own. :thumb:

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com
Been thanked: 0

Postby KiteCulture » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:02 am

Pete....great review. I love my renegades as well. The. Wind thus far has been sparse....hoping to get some good wind this week

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:24 am

I have three kite brands in my current quiver ...Ozone, Blade and Epic.
Been on Epic gear since 2011 Renegade 11M.
Have had no problems with Epic kites, bars, TT boards, pads/straps, and waist harness.
The service and support I have gotten from Epic is excellent.
Last edited by L0KI on Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:03 pm

Guys in case you did not know the EPICKITES (4G) topic has lots of infos on the new products and more to come. But this is the 4G INTRO video.

Return to “Kitesurfing”