Best 2013 quick release problems

Forum for kitesurfers
Skye10
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best 2013 quick release problems

Postby Skye10 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:53 pm

Several times the new 2013 quick release on my BEST bars have accidentally released. Especially when riding powered or landing jumps hard...

The QR system looks weak in general. Under the red hood all flexible parts looks sloppy and loose. Stupid little steel-ring instead of a tough steel-ball, don´t know how developers were thinking...

Anyone have same problem with BESTs "sneeze and release" shoot out? Any quickfix? Or just live with the problem and hope they fix it until 2014 bars?

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Re: BEST 2013 quick release problems

Postby Geronimo79 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:42 pm

Wouldnt it be more effective to wright BEST about this?

I do agree the CL looks awfull build and i personally dont understand why the Red cap can move over the depowercord all the way to the bar. But simple is effective they say.

cowboy
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Best 2013 quick release problems

Postby cowboy » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:19 pm

Skye10 wrote:Several times the new 2013 quick release on my BEST bars have accidentally released. Especially when riding powered or landing jumps hard...

The QR system looks weak in general. Under the red hood all flexible parts looks sloppy and loose. Stupid little steel-ring instead of a tough steel-ball, don´t know how developers were thinking...

Hey Skye, not something that I have heard of for the release since 2010 V1 bars. Do you clean your QR system out with fresh water after every use, and check that it clicks back together?
Also are the bunjees still in place on the cuff?

Been using these since end of last year and it has grown on me compared to the 2010/2012 bars, and I actually like the metal ring as means less effort and potential for breakage compared to previous (metal ball as stated)

Seriously if you are that concerned, as long as you bought the bar new get in touch with the shop you purchased it from as Best Customer service will do all they can to keep you happy! Bars still come under the warranty for defects and faulty workmanship (not wear and tear)

Geronimo79 wrote: I do agree the CL looks awfull build and i personally dont understand why the Red cap can move over the depowercord all the way to the bar. But simple is effective they say.
The only way that the QR cap can move all the way p the depower line to the bar when released is if the bunjee's have broken. Agree that it could have happened on previous bars but shouldnt be happeneing on any 2013 bars

Ive found the 2013 chicken loop to be alot stiffer that previous years, and dont mind the new donkey dick

Local Beach: st. joris bay
Favorite Beaches: klein curacao
Style: Strapless, freestyle, wakestyle
Gear: Liquid Force
Brand Affiliation: Kite repair

Postby posty » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:33 pm

a friend of mine had his kite released too 3 times so there mustbe something wrong...

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:56 pm

cowboy wrote:
Geronimo79 wrote: I do agree the CL looks awfull build and i personally dont understand why the Red cap can move over the depowercord all the way to the bar. But simple is effective they say.
The only way that the QR cap can move all the way p the depower line to the bar when released is if the bunjee's have broken. Agree that it could have happened on previous bars but shouldnt be happeneing on any 2013 bars

Ive found the 2013 chicken loop to be alot stiffer that previous years, and dont mind the new donkey dick
ah ok the one i saw was in a store last week and the Red cap was loose.

Return to “Kitesurfing”