Restube safety floatation device

Forum for kitesurfers
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Restube safety floatation device

Postby 1968 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:10 am

Well spoken Mike. I cant understand why people get so worked up about it.
I know that they ship all over europe. I would just contact them and find out about shipping to the us.

K.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:14 pm

1968 wrote:Well spoken Mike. I cant understand why people get so worked up about it.
I know that they ship all over europe. I would just contact them and find out about shipping to the us.

K.
people chime in when someone buys safety equipment for instance someone wants to know where to buy a board leash.

DALLROCK KITER
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Dallas , Dallrock ray hubbard lake
Favorite Beaches: bozo, tarifa , hollie , north flats.
Style: old school fun
Gear: best

Postby DALLROCK KITER » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:03 pm

13 yrs of using my various PFD ,it has saved my life countless of times
It doesn't matter what it's called , what brand it is , just use one!
My favorite has been the Naish Defender vest one piece. I have had 3
Unfortunately they don't make them anymore. First thing I do when I get one is beef up the flotation, easy to do.

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:25 pm

1968 wrote:Well spoken Mike. I cant understand why people get so worked up about it...
may be because calling it "safety flotation device" would be at least incorrect.
but, 1968, if you are affiliated to this product it would be lying to the customer.
they even don't call it "safety flotation device" on their website. and for the good reason - because it is not.
for that bladder to be "safety flotation device" it needs to pass lots of rigorous tests and get certified by some official organization.

for me it is more like "potentially floating device" with single purpose: making money for its creators.

and how does it work? well, you fell for the advertizing and bought one of these toys for 89€. then you naturally would like to test it and you use couple of spare cylinders (6€ piece). then, of course time after time you are obliged to show off in front of your friends and waste more and more spare cylinders. and you never know will the next cylinder blows up that bladder or not.

only positive thing about this thing is that it probably makes your cold dead body more visible in the water for the rescuers...

Dustfarter
Rare Poster
Local Beach: La

Postby Dustfarter » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:09 am

poools81 wrote:thats right we are all pros on here. unreal why people always try to knock someone down i asked a fucking question. I guess this guy is a kook too for wearing an inflatable wetsuit. thats right you guys ride just as good as him too right? He's a kook too for wearing one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqs_kLW7bSE
Pool boy. You don't have to be a pro to realize that this is a goofy device. Btw I said 'kooks' and didn't address you specifically. Your post just happened to be the last one in the thread. Sorry you took such offense and had to send a threatening pm but hey if the shoe fits.......

poools81
Frequent Poster
Gear: ozone 13m and 9m

Postby poools81 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:26 pm

http://www.inflatablepfd.com/seatee-inf ... ttech.html thought this was pretty cool invention \p\robably n\ot so much for kiting cause of where harness sits but pretty cool invention like the inflatable wetsuit only a rash guard that weighs 1lb

billekrub
Rare Poster
Local Beach: None Local
Favorite Beaches: Matanzas, Chile
Punta San Carlos, Baja Norte, Mexico

Postby billekrub » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:46 am

BTW, I have a Restube never used, with two co2 cartridges in box with instructions.
Shipping included, $60 firm. 571 550 0615 or billekrub /ad/ geeemayl /dod/ calm.

If interested can also post on ebay for you.

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:45 pm

poools81 wrote:http://www.inflatablepfd.com/seatee-inf ... ttech.html thought this was pretty cool invention \p\robably n\ot so much for kiting cause of where harness sits but pretty cool invention like the inflatable wetsuit only a rash guard that weighs 1lb
thanks,
but again it is has never been called as safety device...

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:56 pm

eree wrote:
1968 wrote:Well spoken Mike. I cant understand why people get so worked up about it...
may be because calling it "safety flotation device" would be at least incorrect.
but, 1968, if you are affiliated to this product it would be lying to the customer.
they even don't call it "safety flotation device" on their website. and for the good reason - because it is not.
for that bladder to be "safety flotation device" it needs to pass lots of rigorous tests and get certified by some official organization.

for me it is more like "potentially floating device" with single purpose: making money for its creators.

and how does it work? well, you fell for the advertizing and bought one of these toys for 89€. then you naturally would like to test it and you use couple of spare cylinders (6€ piece). then, of course time after time you are obliged to show off in front of your friends and waste more and more spare cylinders. and you never know will the next cylinder blows up that bladder or not.

only positive thing about this thing is that it probably makes your cold dead body more visible in the water for the rescuers...
why no response?
but since then, did you noticed that real safety inflatable vest has two CO2 canisters, (i'm just guessing for real safety)

Metaphor_
Medium Poster

Postby Metaphor_ » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:01 am

What's wrong with just wearing a PFD? Are we concerned about safety, or our turn down the catwalk?

Return to “Kitesurfing”