Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Anyone else sick of wake style and strapless surfing vids?

Forum for kitesurfers
L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .
Has thanked: 0

Re: Anyone else sick of wake style and strapless surfing vid

Postby L0KI » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:27 pm

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby plummet » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:30 pm

Oh yeah there's some good video's! Keep em rolling in.

Dj A-Ron
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cass Lake MI
Port Huron MI (Lake Huron)
Metro Beach MI (Lake St. Clair)
Harsens Island MI (Lake St. Clair)
Favorite Beaches: Tawas MI (Lake Huron)
Oscoda MI (Lake Huron)
Little Sable Point MI (Lake Michigan)
The Flats (Key West)
Anywhere in Cape Hatteras
Kite Beach (Maui)
La Ventana (Mexico)
Barkers (Grand Caymen)
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites: Epic Renegade 9m 3G, Airush Lithium 12m & 14m, Blade Fat Lady 17m

Boards: Epic Droid, Oxygen, Spartan, Airush Cypher 5'6"
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Dj A-Ron » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:49 pm

This is one of the funest videos that I've ever seen!

http://vimeo.com/47433960

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:43 am

The biggest change i have seen is that videos are nearly all promotional or selling something / someone nowadays whereas back in the day you could sell a video/dvd and the producer did not have this as his main criteria. It's changed the way they are. Polished, hardly ever showing slams, cutting into tricks and landings, no talking, dirty dubstep, even 60% non kiting action, companies seem very wary of what they think is may perceived maybe as not cool, current and seem to be even holding back progression ideas- we see teh same tricks over and over again. Also videos are worth about 7 days of exposure today until a waterfall of other videos clouds it into the oblivion.

Some of the mags still going should make their own vids maybe... slightly more independent anyway. Stance (is it still going?) made the huge mistake of taking footage that was also allowed to be released to the internet prior - epic business fail and without a bit of $$ filmers soon tire of bothering for negative returns.

My fave vids today are for sure still the best skate videos, there is no trick snobbery, no rules, originality, great music, backdrops - but also just natural sounds of skating, usually awesome interesting original characters, plus the fact they are absolutely putting themselves on the chopping board for my entertainment. Bonelesses, no complies, and quite a few tricks from 20 years ago are being adapted as a lot of viewers are simply bored of non stop flip tricks. As amazing as they are, watching 1000 kgbs, modes etc becomes boring unless performed with a unique style/in extreme winds or presented in an original way.

It's a of work tho if you trying to make a living at the same time. And a lot of time - computer are still so slow editing hd footage and it takes so long pissing around finding the money shots - I liked tape, countless hours of sd card footage in 1000s of files takes soooo long to go through. I just edited a 30 min vid for 4 days in final cut prox and the whole thing is corrupt grrrrrrrr

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:50 am

Return to “Kitesurfing”