Style: surf
Gear: Switch
FireWire
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

2014 Ozone Reo

Postby topmick » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:49 pm

My 2012 Reos,s have served me well :thumb:

There has been lots of leaked info on many 2014 kites, does anyone have any info on the 2014 Reo,s?

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Re: 2014 Ozone Reo

Postby Westozzy » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:22 am

Yeh a little. Lower aspect, giving more bottom end. Total bridal reconfig. A different kite all round, but the same REO performance. c4 has had some bridal mods to give it more ping and pong.

Also have been sent pictures of the new bar the protype anyhow. Over 1000 hours of collaborative testing. Looks fairly standard, simple and elegant as ozone do. Bar ends simple, look a little like the LF, so a shallow plastic mould allowing little chance of a leash wrap. Chicken loop end looks real interesting and apparently very easy to reconstruct in the water. Bungy safety runs through the guts as per normal. Looks very functional. Then again I really like the old bar so I'm not about to change.

Diki
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Cranfield co.down n.ireland
Favorite Beaches: Millbay codwn n.i
Style: Goofy!!!!!!
Gear: Ozone/fanatic
Been thanked: 0

Postby Diki » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:50 am

Great info westozzy! Any release dates for new ozone kite/bars??

Diki
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Cranfield co.down n.ireland
Favorite Beaches: Millbay codwn n.i
Style: Goofy!!!!!!
Gear: Ozone/fanatic

Postby Diki » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:50 am

Great info westozzy! Any release dates for new ozone kite/bars??

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:42 am

The REO will be released kite only first, then 6 or so weeks later the bar. They were close but the collaborative testing meant a few more improvements were needed to make it perfect and bomb proof. They won't release crap like a lot of brands then use the publics feedback on the equipement to improve through forums such as this. Shits me when I regularly read it on these forums. Pay the money and get your R and D right and stop making us poor public do it for you with our hard earned money or be like f one who seem to be so far up their own ass with their bar system they can't see the light of day.

rickta
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Warrnabool
Style: Surf
Gear: Ozone Reo's, Ozone C4

Postby rickta » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:15 am

Hey guys,

Just found this on the ozone website just now:
"http://www.flyozone.com/kitesurf/en/pro ... 2014/info/"

REO

WAVE RIDING FREEDOM

The Reo is a very unique kite in our line up, designed specifically for wave riding with true surfing at it’s heart. Since first introducing the Reo we have had nothing other than positive feedback and it has become the iconic surf kite.

Behind the scenes we have been continually developing this model looking to improve it’s overall performance for wave riding. We believe in freedom on the wave to take us closer to a true surfing experience. To achieve this we have to combine many aspects of kite design to develop a kite that has huge depower, smooth fast direct handling, float when slack lined and perfect drift for down the line and onshore riding.

The modifications to the new Reo have allowed us to improve stability and float, whilst maintaining controlled depower capabilities, this allows the rider to depower to the point where surfing is closer to reality rather than being powered along a wave. The root chord has been slightly increased delivering consistent power to get around sections in the wave, whilst easily floating down the line when need be. With fast direct handling and improved low end the Reo allows the rider to maximise power in onshore conditions when the wave can ‘push’ downwind.

Hooked or un-hooked the Reo performs to any given task in the waves. For unhooked riding simply trim in slightly with the de-power cleat and the Reo will sit and fly perfectly, floating with the rider making it easier to line up that next section.

Another key aspect when building a kite specific for wave riding is the strength to weight ratio. As with all our kites we use top of the line materials and combined with our very own factory quality is second to none. The Reo is designed tough without the need of unnecessary cosmetic items which only add weight and drag which reduces performance.

New sizes complete the Reo line up offering more selection for those critical rider preferences. Power to size ratios have been refined and we now have more power per size. For example a rider enjoying the original 8m would now feel similarly powered on the new 7m. Be sure to take a test ride on the new Reo, here at Ozone we think all will be stoked with the performance and capabilities allowing you to push your wave riding to the next level.

WIND RANGE:

5 22 - 35
6 21 - 35
7 20 - 35
8 19 - 34
9 17 - 32
10 14 - 28
12 12 - 26
Last edited by rickta on Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:21 am

Westozzy wrote:The REO will be released kite only first, then 6 or so weeks later the bar. They were close but the collaborative testing meant a few more improvements were needed to make it perfect and bomb proof. They won't release crap like a lot of brands then use the publics feedback on the equipement to improve through forums such as this. Shits me when I regularly read it on these forums. Pay the money and get your R and D right and stop making us poor public do it for you with our hard earned money or be like f one who seem to be so far up their own ass with their bar system they can't see the light of day.
Are they still going to use that horrid side-pull QR? It's one of the things that puts my off Ozone kites . . .

Had a morning swapping gear around in Thailand, and when my turn came to play with the Reo 12, someone had rigged it with the leash on the metal suicide ring, the safety line through the pin of the QR :o

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:41 am

Well safety through the QR pin as you said is not the normal way you use the bar. Best to separate your whinge. The ozone bar is just fine, although the new one is coming out this year. Me I'm staying with the old one, just simple and effective. If you let the bar put you off a great wing then I wonder were your head is at?

jvg
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Rilland,..
Favorite Beaches: Praia Do Cabedelo, Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
Ouddorp, Netherlands
Style: Big Airs, Kiteloops and some freestyle
Gear: Eleveight FS
Xenon Laluz 132x40 & Eleveight Curl 5'7
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight

Postby jvg » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:02 pm

@ Westozzy: Do you know when the Ozone Reo and/or the C4 will be released?

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:57 pm

Nope who knows wtf ozone are doing. Can't be long.

Return to “Kitesurfing”