Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

RRD K Free short review and video

Forum for kitesurfers
haiku
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Latina beach Italy and...Naish beach Maui
Favorite Beaches: Latina, Porto Pollo - Italy , Kitebeach. Kihei - Maui
Style: old and new school
Gear: Flysurfer Sonic FR, Speed, Boost, Cronix, Naish Pivot, Flysurfer Radical 5, Door 5, Kazuma custom wave boards

RRD K Free short review and video

Postby haiku » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:38 pm

Hi. Going upwind for miles and cruising downwind at high speed, this is the best feature of the RRD K Free, a pure slalom board that can be also used for basic jumping tricks. Upwind, compared to an Airush Sector 60 with four fins, the RRD K Free (with three fins) is obviously less efficient. Downwind is one of the fastest board I've ever ridden. Riding with an Ozone Edge 13 in only 13 Knots and choppy water the top speed I've reached was 42 Km/h, quite impressive. Needeless to say, jibing and tacking is very easy. So, I'm very happy with this board. Here's a video of a couple of sessions:

https://vimeo.com/70171689

Cheers
Carlo

joe weiss
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: RRD K Free short review and video

Postby joe weiss » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:34 am

So which board would you prefer for Slalom ?
One goes upwind better and the other goes downwind better.... I guess it depends on the Slalom itself .
Do you think that the main reason for the difference between the two boards is the number of fins ?

Return to “Kitesurfing”