*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: More strutless love
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:15 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:25 am
Posts: 2212
I watched some strutless and one strut kites in Bali this week. Not the cloud. Man I just don't know hey, the canopy just looked weird in the air, fluffed and luffed all over the place, man I just wasn't convinced. The canopy just didn't look stable hey, not enough support. I'd hate to see it in its top third range.

But not writing them off don't get me wrong but from first inspection I wasn't impressed.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: More strutless love
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:55 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Posts: 8577
Location: Oahu
Westozzy wrote:
I watched some strutless and one strut kites in Bali this week. Not the cloud. Man I just don't know hey, the canopy just looked weird in the air, fluffed and luffed all over the place, man I just wasn't convinced. The canopy just didn't look stable hey, not enough support. I'd hate to see it in its top third range.

But not writing them off don't get me wrong but from first inspection I wasn't impressed.

Ive ridden the naish and brm quite a bit. Unless very overpowered the canopy is super tight.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: More strutless love
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:51 pm 
Offline
Medium Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:51 am
Posts: 141
Location: BoardMeeting
tautologies wrote:
hmm, that might be a good thing to explore. I think being able to not be locked into conventional solutions is CRITICAL to moving forward.

tautologies wrote:
Westozzy wrote:
I watched some strutless and one strut kites in Bali this week. Not the cloud. Man I just don't know hey, the canopy just looked weird in the air, fluffed and luffed all over the place, man I just wasn't convinced. The canopy just didn't look stable hey, not enough support. I'd hate to see it in its top third range.

But not writing them off don't get me wrong but from first inspection I wasn't impressed.

Ive ridden the naish and brm quite a bit. Unless very overpowered the canopy is super tight.

Westozzy, I agree :thumb:
And definitely its not for people who are suffering from elbow tendinitis :evil: :alarm:
Some people are having only visions about and feeling the board on strapless not the kite
and they try to hide the truth :duh:
Wake up people and move forward as tautologies mentioned it :!:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: More strutless love
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:55 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Posts: 8577
Location: Oahu
Aummm wrote:
Some people are having only visions about and feeling the board on strapless not the kite
and they try to hide the truth :duh:


I dare you to try to make any less sense.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: More strutless love
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:05 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:49 pm
Posts: 347
Location: South Florida
Westozzy wrote:
I watched some strutless and one strut kites in Bali this week. Not the cloud. Man I just don't know hey, the canopy just looked weird in the air, fluffed and luffed all over the place, man I just wasn't convinced. The canopy just didn't look stable hey, not enough support. I'd hate to see it in its top third range.

But not writing them off don't get me wrong but from first inspection I wasn't impressed.

How about trying one instead of just watching, then you might know what you're talking about. There's lots of strutted kites that luff and flutter all over the place.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: More strutless love
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:13 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:36 am
Posts: 8577
Location: Oahu
ozonelevel wrote:
Westozzy wrote:
I watched some strutless and one strut kites in Bali this week. Not the cloud. Man I just don't know hey, the canopy just looked weird in the air, fluffed and luffed all over the place, man I just wasn't convinced. The canopy just didn't look stable hey, not enough support. I'd hate to see it in its top third range.

But not writing them off don't get me wrong but from first inspection I wasn't impressed.

How about trying one instead of just watching, then you might know what you're talking about. There's lots of strutted kites that luff and flutter all over the place.


I think Westozzy would do that if given the chance. I must say a kite in the hands of someone who does not know what they are doing is never fun to watch... :-)


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: More strutless love - What's the downside?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:11 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:15 pm
Posts: 13
Location: Jupiter, FL
I need some replacements for my Crossbows, so I've been waiting to see what Cab had for 2014. The Contra looks nice, but nothing earth shattering. The Clouds seem to at worst be comparable and at best superior to most mainstream kites on the market. (I've read and watched everything about them online)

Add the fact that they are considerably less expensive, and less complicated (fewer points of failure), why not buy a couple?

I'd say the only downside is it's hard to try before you buy, but many knowledgeable posters have attested to their performance. What's the downside?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: More strutless love - What's the downside?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:37 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:49 pm
Posts: 347
Location: South Florida
CFS wrote:
I need some replacements for my Crossbows, so I've been waiting to see what Cab had for 2014. The Contra looks nice, but nothing earth shattering. The Clouds seem to at worst be comparable and at best superior to most mainstream kites on the market. (I've read and watched everything about them online)

Add the fact that they are considerably less expensive, and less complicated (fewer points of failure), why not buy a couple?

I'd say the only downside is it's hard to try before you buy, but many knowledgeable posters have attested to their performance. What's the downside?

You're welcome to try my 13 Cloud. A friend also has a 17 Cloud which you can also try.

So far the only downside I've noted is that it doesn't feel grunty and doesn't jump as good as say an Ozone Edge. A lot has to do with technique and getting used to the different feel.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: More strutless love - What's the downside?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:59 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:26 pm
Posts: 240
Location: Denmark
ozonelevel wrote:
So far the only downside I've noted is that it doesn't feel grunty

I would call that an upside :)


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: More strutless love - What's the downside?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:54 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:49 am
Posts: 1115
Location: shallow sea
CFS wrote:
...Add the fact that they are considerably less expensive, and less complicated (fewer points of failure), why not buy a couple?...

considerably less expensive?!
CFS wrote:
...I'd say the only downside is it's hard to try before you buy, but many knowledgeable posters have attested to their performance. What's the downside?

according to strutless lovers it's ok to buy the cloud without trying, but you can not comment on it without buying it first. bummer...
downside you don't have 30 days try and return policy here.


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], sheehyjo, William Munney and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group