windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: EpicKites 4G

Postby windsuks » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:47 pm

Wow, those new colours look stunning!!
Cant wait to get them here in the UK (along with some wind would be nice)
Distinct lack of wind on the west coast for the last month or more now, good job we just had another trip, this time to Portugal

Flysurf77
Medium Poster
Gear: EPIC KITEBOARDING
Brand Affiliation: IKO/PADI/EPIC/WAINMAN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Flysurf77 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:20 pm

Here is the Infinity V3 in action.
Infinity V3.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:58 pm

Yes plummet, that was a plane you saw passing by at low altitude. The idea was for me to jump over the plane while passing by but I had to back off that day because my wife decided to come with us during the photo shoot. Actually she is the one who wrote that great article on the KITEBOARDER magazine about the trip to the "Grenadines".
Attachments
GRENADINES.jpg
photo 4.jpg
photo 3.jpg
photo 2.jpg
photo 1.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Also wanted to let you know that my 11 year old son Cameron and I are getting ready for our trip to GREECE.
Will be in Athens from the 25th to the 27th of July. Then going to Rhodos from the 27th of July to the 1st of August. Then coming back to Athens and leaving for Paros on the 2nd of August until the 17th of August. Any one interested in demoing the 4G kites in Greece are welcome to contact me via email at: dimitri@epickites.com
Make sure to demo the kites and boards and see why people are talking so highly about the EPIC kites. In few words, the products talks for themselves.
Attachments
DSC_0216.jpg
GPV_1519 - Version 2.jpg
IMG_0571 - Version 3.jpg
IMG_0571 - Version 3.jpg (128.53 KiB) Viewed 2050 times
GPV_0046-2.jpg
GPV_0459.jpg
SCREAMER 10 LTD.jpg
DSC_0008.jpg
DSC_0567.jpg
DSC_0387.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:22 am

This is a review of one of our surf board called the REEF 5'7" from the French magazine called the: "KITE boarder". Check what they have to say after testing the surf board. But again remember they tested the REEF 5'7" as a 4 fins system but using the 3 fins system will make the board more skaty and more nervous and that is what I like.
In these pictures I am using the REEF 5'7" as a Thruster set up which means 3 fins instead of 4 fins.
Any way, time to work on your French.
:thumb:
Attachments
FRENCH kiteboarding mag JULY issue.jpg
DSC_0046 9.jpg
Dimitri testing the Surf 8 strapless REEF 5'7".jpg
Dimitri Strapless.jpg
Dimitri having fun on the REEF 5'7" strapless.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:51 pm

Hello guys,
You have seen the intro video of the RENEGADE 6.5 / 9 / 11 (4G) kites. So this is the latest video of the RENEGADE "INFINITY V3" light wind machine.

VIMEO:

YOUTUBE:

RENEGADE "INFINITY V3"
Last year we rocked the kite industry with a light wind kite that was fast, powerful, stable and easy to relaunch. In actuality, the Infinity proved to be our most popular model, and riders all over the world are enjoying sessions in winds that would have otherwise canceled sessions.
We're all about moving forward, being innovative and building on a good thing. Although the magazine test reviews claimed the INFINITY V2 was the best light wind kite they'd ever tested, we knew we could do better.

Momi and Dimitri combed through the feedback from customers, schools, dealers and magazines to one up the impressive V2. After much effort, research and testing, the INFINITY V3 has landed. We've retained the aspects of speed, maneuverability, stability and jumping in light winds, but greatly enhanced upwind performance. The V3 is also slightly more powerful, yet has greater control in the upper end of the wind range. Wake style riders will love the load and pop characteristics. If you drop your kite, you can rest assured that relaunch is effortless -- even in minimal winds.
Mission accomplished. Over the past year Dimitri and Momi have been working to push the limits light wind kiteboarding. The goal was to fly the INFINITY V3 in under 7 knots. There have been several witnesses and video accounts' proving Dimitri was able to fly the INFINITY V3 in 2.3 to 4.7 knots. Yes, it did require a SUP board, and kiting in fewer than 7 knots is not ideal... but the kite flies in a stable manner in 4 knots. Impressed? You will be! But don't take our word for it. Check out the videos and rider testimonials or better yet test the INFINITY V3 for yourself today.
The INFINITY has been writing light wind kiteboarding history. Proving that an inflatable kite can achieve stable flight in very light winds, while retaining power and turning speed -- the third version of the INFINITY is set to re-write history...again. The INFINITY V3 sees some notable updates including smoother low-end power delivery, great upwind drive and flies in even lighter winds.

Head turner:
With its signature three-strut design the INFINITY is exceptionally stable
Literally be the first person in the water with the light wind capability
Drive upwind in 7 knots
Has the power of a 19 meter but turns like a 14 meter kite
Enjoy large floaty jumps with great hang time in 8-12 knots

Key features:
Fly in practically no wind
Easy and reliable relaunch
Single point inflation
Additional line 5 meters extensions included
Built tough, but lightweight conscious

Kite size:
"Turns like a 14 meter but has the power of a 19 meter kite"

Dj A-Ron
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cass Lake MI
Port Huron MI (Lake Huron)
Metro Beach MI (Lake St. Clair)
Harsens Island MI (Lake St. Clair)
Favorite Beaches: Tawas MI (Lake Huron)
Oscoda MI (Lake Huron)
Little Sable Point MI (Lake Michigan)
The Flats (Key West)
Anywhere in Cape Hatteras
Kite Beach (Maui)
La Ventana (Mexico)
Barkers (Grand Caymen)
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Kites: Epic Renegade 9m 3G, Airush Lithium 12m & 14m, Blade Fat Lady 17m

Boards: Epic Droid, Oxygen, Spartan, Airush Cypher 5'6"

Postby Dj A-Ron » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:25 pm

Yeah yeah yeah... But when can I buy one?!

Is the Infinity available yet?

Or are you just being a tease...?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:49 pm

All the RENEGADE 6.5 / 9 / 11 / 13 LTD / Infinity V3 are available, but we have a limited amount of these kites right now and the big container with more RENEGADES will be in by end of July beginning of August. So we are taking orders as we speak.
On the other hand, the SCREAMERS 7 / 9 /10 LTD / 12 / 14 will be available by the end of August beginning of September.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:40 pm

What is the status of the 4G judge kite? I am interested in this kite but it just seems that nobody puts any real miles on these kites! I have been keeping my eyes open for some used judges to buy and try but either people love them and keep them or they just aren't selling any of these kites? I get the usually bites of info from people who are these Epic threads (valuable but not enough to take the plunge) and was hoping for some better footage than dimitri telling the camera that he doesn't really like these kites but favours the screamers! This is the second post on this thread asking about the 4G judge with no real response back outside a potential prototype! Dimitri some info and updates would be appreciated as there are some of us out there that aren't interested in the screamer/renegades and are hoping to see if you have a decent wake kite? I don't care about boosting to the moon and want a kite that enables me to jump powered like I was wake boarding or snowboarding! Low pull and either you hit the trick fast or eat it and try again :thumb: There are no judge demo's around my area and if I have to buy before I try than it is in my best interest to buy from the big boys as they have a team of riders that put imput into their C style of kites!

James

rtz
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 75kg
Favorite Beaches: OBX
SPI
Style: Freeride
Gear: SlingShot, Switch.

Postby rtz » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:53 pm