Forum for kitesurfers
kitegrommet
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2013 North Evo and F One Bandit 6 Comparisions

Postby kitegrommet » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:10 pm

I have no way of a demo for the Bandit. I loved the Evo, sat a little back in the window but no problem going uowind. I was told the Bandit is a great all around kite

jack bush
Medium Poster

Re: 2013 North Evo and F One Bandit 6 Comparisions

Postby jack bush » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:22 am

I love the Bandit. It sits more forward in the window than the Evo does.
The Bandit is also more responsive, has better drift for wave riding and boosts higher.
If you are looking for an allrounder then go for the B6 you won't be sorry.

kitegrommet
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitegrommet » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:54 pm

Thanks.
I'm thinking of the 9M or 10M as my go to kite.
I'm 175lbs and ride a range of boards, twin tips and surf.

What sizes are you most familiar with and what's your main use for the kite?

Thanks again,

Da Yoda
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Style: Strapless Freestyle, Wave, Freeride
Gear: Handmade Surfboards

Postby Da Yoda » Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:03 am

jack bush wrote:I love the Bandit. It sits more forward in the window than the Evo does.
The Bandit is also more responsive, has better drift for wave riding and boosts higher.
If you are looking for an allrounder then go for the B6 you won't be sorry.
I'm in the market for some new kites and I'd recently narrowed down my "kites to demo" list to specifically these two models. When I got to finally demo these kites, my experience was the opposite of Jack's. I felt the 2013 Evo was actually more responsive and drifted better. I'd say the Evo is more like a fine tuned Bandit. The Bandit's hangtime was great, but the 2013 Evos I felt were even better. The canopy on the Evo was also way more stable as well. The Bandit still fluttered a bit, but it was calmer than the 2012 version. However with all that I experienced, I think you'd be happy with either. If you want a 10m or bigger, I think having the 3 struts like on the Bandit offers better performance for it's size, but for a 9m or smaller I think the stability of 5 struts like on the Evo is better. ;-)

Jdude
Medium Poster
Style: newschool
Gear: Xenon + Slingshot

Postby Jdude » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:31 am

167lbs and love my Bandit6 9m. I ride a Xenon LaLuz TT and start having fun from about 16K and up to 35K , although 35K is overpowered but still crazy fun.

WndRdr
Medium Poster

Postby WndRdr » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:48 am

I have not yet ridden the latest Bandit but earlier I rode 8m2 Bandit and Evo back to back. I felt that Evo feels more rigid, stable and the bar feedback is more strickt (meaning you feel all the kite movements better) and jumps are easier with Evo. Bandit was a nice ride but the feel on the bar was a just a bit less accurate even the Bandit turns really nicely. With Bandit you need to focus and commit to the jumps more to get big airs. I would say that they share some of the same good qualities but Evo is just a bit easier kite to ride.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:06 pm

Yeh I agree. I didn't rate the bandit 5 as a jumper not sure about the 6. Evo has it licked there. But it can go big if ya get it right. Felt the bandit more forgiving on the loops and in the waves wouldn't drag you off the face as much as the evo.

Both great all rounders. Shame the quick release on the fone is such a prehistoric piece of crap.

Miltsface
Frequent Poster

Postby Miltsface » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:47 pm

I you liked the evo but wanted something that sits a bit farther forward, give the Fuse a try. Probably not the choice if you're into a lot of unhooked, but great upwind, huge jumps, rips transitions. does an ok job in the waves (though there are better choices if you ride waves a lot).

DocDeuce
Medium Poster
Local Beach: IOP, Sullivans Island, Folly Beach

Postby DocDeuce » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:39 am

I flew the the EVO, not a bad kite. But for all around big boosts and quick response i ended up getting a Bandit 6 quiver. I'm 200lbs, and i got a 12m and 9m, i change boards from my shinn monk to a strapless surfboard. Love my bandits!!!

DD

WndRdr
Medium Poster

Postby WndRdr » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:48 am

Westozzy wrote:Yeh I agree. I didn't rate the bandit 5 as a jumper not sure about the 6. Evo has it licked there. But it can go big if ya get it right. Felt the bandit more forgiving on the loops and in the waves wouldn't drag you off the face as much as the evo.

Both great all rounders. Shame the quick release on the fone is such a prehistoric piece of crap.
I agree, the quick release of the F-one is something that is not on par with North Ironheart and not even close. That is a shame especially when they had a big recall last year due to failing quickrelease that could not be released and still they did not make a major update to the quickrelease.

Nowadays you cannot go wrong with either kite. However, it is the feel of the kite that makes all the differences.

Return to “Kitesurfing”