Finally got the conditions I was after for the proof of the pudding.
Conclusive test and mini assessment:
- handles 12-15 knots with no control issues whatsoever, even for the total quadcopter beginner I am
- still flies fast against the wind, suggesting that the 18 knots are very doable
- the only precaution taken was to have the quadcopter grabbed for landing; I don't think it would appreciate sand in the motors.
- in stronger winds, I think care should be taken so it doesn't flip on takeoff.
- perhaps tuning down the rudder reaction with the Nazam Assistant would help getting smoother panning.
- need more practice to follow the riders closer.
Mertasari Beach. Sanur Lagoon. Bali.