Style: wave
Gear: Kahona- Best and a Naish
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Flying Air India with Mystic 130cm kite bag

Postby kai108 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:11 am

Hey Hi,

I know this topic has been done to death, but please, I am looking for some feedback on flying Air India.

It seems they go on a weight system, I have 30ks allowance, which I will keep under, but my bag is bigger than the 158cm total dimentions, I looked on their website, under sporting goods they state that a snowboard can added into the baggage allowance.

They also state that 150 gbp for excess baggage per bag.

I emailed them, they couldn't answer it, suggested I ring Delhi luggage department- they couldn't answer it, gave me multiple numbers to call- I emailed them again- now they have told me to report to desk when I get to BKK.- so now I feel I have brought more attention to it.

I'm flying one way from Bangkok to London- and honestly I feel pretty stressed out about it- the excess charges are steep.

I would really appreciate anyone whose flown with them with a kitebag, to reply to this.

(ps my kite bag- has written on it 130cm- but I measured it- and added up the dimentions come to 188cm in total.)

Thanks- Rebecca.

Return to “Kitesurfing”