Forum for kitesurfers
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Compare Naish Park and Best TS

Postby 1968 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:12 pm

Hey,
Can anybody help me to choose between the 2013 Park and Ts in 10m?
Im looking for a Freeride/ Wave kite. Direct, responsive Barfeel, good stable gust handling and nice easy lift.

Thanks,
K.

shane1
Rare Poster

Re: Compare Naish Park and Best TS

Postby shane1 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:25 pm

Just flew the new Best kit…and it is fantastic. The new TS is stable, fast and a very well balanced kite. Double rip stop canopy and top notch construction.
Can’t comment on the Parks, but hey if you can, try them and find your fit. I did the same…

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:15 pm

I've been riding the parks since they came out and they are just getting better and better. I think you'd like it.

I have not flown the TS, so no comparison...the problem with a comparison is that if a guy owns a kite and and briefly tests another kite it will be hard to really get a good comparison out of it since s/he is already calibrated to the other kite. That said, the parks do feel good from the get go...

lumpy
Rare Poster
Local Beach: St Kilda, Melbourne
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: BEST/SU-2/Naish

Postby lumpy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:45 am

I am flying the TS v2 and absolutely love it. I have tried parks as well and they are nice kites but seem less stable than the TS.
The Park has pulleys and the TS doesn't so its an easy choice for me.
BUT Naish got rid of the pulleys for the 2014 Park so I suggest you wait for the new stuff and demo both kites.
Thats the only way to find out if you like it anyways. Also have a look at the new North Dice.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:31 am

Hey lumpy I like the look of the 2014 TS canopy...

What is the best TS built for, what is it's forte? Can you describe its power delivery and what you use it for?

lumpy
Rare Poster
Local Beach: St Kilda, Melbourne
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: BEST/SU-2/Naish

Postby lumpy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:16 am

Hi Westozzy. I personally prefer the 2013 colors of the TS but that's just me 8)
The TS is Best's allround kite, the 2014 slogan even says "do it all". I can't really comment on how it behaves in the waves though as its not my style.
The Park will probably give you more power in the same size as the TS is quite heavy (5 struts, thicker ripstop material). Demo both the TS and the Park for 2014 and decide for yourself.

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:20 pm

1968 wrote:Im looking for a Freeride/ Wave kite. Direct, responsive Barfeel, good stable gust handling and nice easy lift.
Sorry to derail the discussion a bit, but I think the Best Kahoona fits that description better than the Best TS. If you want to unhook though the TS is the way to go.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:01 am

Yeh I'm getting the impression the TS is more like say the Liquid Force Envy with it's other forte more wakestyle orientated.

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Postby dyyylan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:40 am

Westozzy wrote:Yeh I'm getting the impression the TS is more like say the Liquid Force Envy with it's other forte more wakestyle orientated.
They feel quite different though, the TS is more responsive and direct, sits a little farther forward in the window, and has more bar pressure. I feel like the envy drifts a bit better and is a little more forgiving for wakestyle, the TS feels more like a typical bridled kite in the unhooked department... if that makes sense. It still unhooks pretty well though. TS is a little quicker so it boosts a little better.

also just for clarification someone said the TS doesn't have any pulleys which is incorrect, it has one pulley either right where you connect the front line, or right above it somehwere, I don't remember.

Return to “Kitesurfing”