Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Flysurfer Forum Chat! Ask all your Flysurfer questions here!

Forum for kitesurfers
Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Flysurfer Forum Chat! Ask all your Flysurfer questions h

Postby Westozzy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:08 am

Agreed plummett, in big current and swell in light conditions, sometimes you need that static grunt.

Yep awesome idea Toby/flysurfer.

Other manufacturers take note!!

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:04 am

What a great Q&A with NOOOOOOOO Pimping!!! And No Crazy Light wind claims!!

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:03 am

Hi Armin,

Do you have any interest in developing a single skin foil similar to the Ozone XXLite? Do you have any experiences with any of your existing foils flying with a top skin only? Have you ever experimented with a single skin kite with ram air leading edge and struts instead of the traditional high pressure inflated leading edge and struts?

Thanks for your thoughts,

John

dutchy
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby dutchy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:03 am

Any news on the Speed4 15m Normal/DLX colour schemes and when we can pre-order? :D

floske
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Zugersee
Style: POWEEEEEER (freestyle)
Gear: Flysurfer

Postby floske » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:47 pm

I had the chance to fly the Cronix 12m for a short period of time (although in the lower wind range ~4bft). While I generally liked it quite a bit, I had two things that bothered me.

1. When you turn it as fast as possible (or the kite in general flies quickly), the canopy starts to flap about and the kite loses a bit more power than comfortable.

2. I come from the Speed3/4 side and noticed that when you fly in lower winds and need to wave the kite up and down, the pull generated on the up stroke is neglible compared to the downwards motion.

Didn't this bother you when flying/designing this kite?

Thanks

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:58 am

floske wrote:I had the chance to fly the Cronix 12m for a short period of time (although in the lower wind range ~4bft). While I generally liked it quite a bit, I had two things that bothered me.

1. When you turn it as fast as possible (or the kite in general flies quickly), the canopy starts to flap about and the kite loses a bit more power than comfortable.

This is why I asked about the wing tips flapping in the question and answer, wasn't referred to.

2. I come from the Speed3/4 side and noticed that when you fly in lower winds and need to wave the kite up and down, the pull generated on the up stroke is neglible compared to the downwards motion.

Yeh the higher the aspect the more you will get from the upstroke as it hunts the edge of the window more, if you come from the speed (me the edge) yes the upstroke can be nearly as powerful as the downstroke ridden properly. But this does have a C profile.
Didn't this bother you when flying/designing this kite?

Thanks

Will look for that when I ride it...ta

don pitcher
Frequent Poster

Postby don pitcher » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:01 am

Armin Harich wrote:
Why don´t you have a FDS on Speed4s?
We test and try to improve the different safety options we developed so far. At the SPEED4 8.0 and 10.0 the FLS had a better relaunch ability than the FDS. So we was going for the more simple solution.
We work at to add improved FDS-Saftey to the big SPEED4. But FLS will also be possible, if less lines are preferred.
Thank you for adding FDS to the bigger Speed4's!

I would be VERY interested in a 10m Speed4 with FDS even if relaunch was not good. FLS is very bad in high winds and with the very small beaches that I visit, I need a MUCH better emergency self-landing system than FLS.

Would you be willing to provided an FDS option for those of us that hate FLS and feel unsafe with FLS in high wind? This option could be for future 8m and 10m Speed'4 that already have an FDS attachment on the canopy or a Flysurfer in-house modification for FDS on current Speed4's.
loco4viento wrote:Hi Armin,

Do you have any interest in developing a single skin foil similar to the Ozone XXLite?
I also would be interested in this if I could get 21m Speed3 low-wind performance or better at a greatly reduced price than a 21m while only sacrificing water relaunchability. It is extremely rare for my lightwind kite to touch the water.

skyseer
Frequent Poster

Postby skyseer » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:07 pm

Are you going to confirm PMU as FS Marketing Chief Executive for one more year ?

dejavu
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Any that have steady wind
Favorite Beaches: Any
Style: Freeride with the conditions on the day
Gear: Cabrinha, Flysurfer, NP, Rip Curl, WFMG, Aquapak, Loksac, Gopro, Suunto, apple watch.

Postby dejavu » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:23 pm

Just love my Flydoor 160 and 170.

Bidello
Medium Poster

Postby Bidello » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:28 pm

skyseer wrote:Are you going to confirm PMU as FS Marketing Chief Executive for one more year ?
:lol:

Return to “Kitesurfing”