Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Epic Race Kite "The Racer" 17/14/11

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Epic Race Kite "The Racer" 17/14/11

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:15 pm

Dear Mr.plummet,
If you need a 10, 9, 7 meter kite to race then you will use the SCREAMER (10/9/7) because in this type of wind the SCREAMER models will do great.
The reason we decided to go with 17/14/11 is because we don't need more then that. Let me know if you need anything else?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:41 am

Getting ready to race with the RACER 11/14/17.
Attachments
DSC02101.JPG

adamharr
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby adamharr » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:43 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Getting ready to race with the RACER 11/14/17.
No offense but if that is supposed to be for racing Then its a Piece of Shit, i hope no racers fall and buy shit like that...

Bro, do your self a favor and get your hands down on an Edge that you can call a race kite!!!
I just dont fucking understand why companies that dont have nothing to do and were never involved with racing start throwing shit into the market :angryfire: I mean just look at that kite and compare it to an Edge or a VMG

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:58 pm

adamharr wrote:
No offense but if that is supposed to be for racing Then its a Piece of Shit, i hope no racers fall and buy shit like that...

Bro, do your self a favor and get your hands down on an Edge that you can call a race kite!!!
I just dont fucking understand why companies that dont have nothing to do and were never involved with racing start throwing shit into the market :angryfire: I mean just look at that kite and compare it to an Edge or a VMG
Have you flown that kite?Well just to inform you i finished 5th throu out 18 racers with one race from 3 and most of them were Ozone Edges.I was with a 14m meter and they were on 17m.People who try it said that its very powerfull and the upwind is great..Needless to say about the relaunch.The Edge there is a real piece of shit.Oh and the bar?tell me mister Knoweverything how you untangle the bar when you loop the Edge since the safety line dont pass through the CL.You know something .... no offence but you re a piece of shit and keep you stupid opinions for yourself and let people who are openminded to try something else and decide if the Racer is a piece of shit :angryfire:

Al-Kite-A
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Crissy Filed SF, Nor Cal
Style: freeride/race/wave
Gear: Ocean Rodeo
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo, HyperFlex, Ozone, SlingShot and Windy Devil

Postby Al-Kite-A » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:24 pm

nikalaitzian wrote:
adamharr wrote:

Have you flown that kite?Well just to inform you i finished 5th throu out 18 racers with one race from 3 and most of them were Ozone Edges.I was with a 14m meter and they were on 17m.People who try it said that its very powerfull and the upwind is great..Needless to say about the relaunch.The Edge there is a real piece of shit.Oh and the bar?tell me mister Knoweverything how you untangle the bar when you loop the Edge since the safety line dont pass through the CL.You know something .... no offence but you re a piece of shit and keep you stupid opinions for yourself and let people who are openminded to try something else and decide if the Racer is a piece of shit :angryfire:
Where you 5th of 5 racer? :)
IF not what series was it?

anyway talking shit about racing is stupid cause all you have to do is race to see if it work.

adamharr
Rare Poster

Postby adamharr » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:49 pm

nikalaitzian wrote:
adamharr wrote:

I have been flying Edges for years and years, best kite in the market!! Just a fast look men world champion Johnny Heineken, female world champion Erika Heineken, number one IKA rank Riccardo Leccesse, all in edge and the best boosting kite out. Did you see anybody at the europians with a Epic Racer? or northamericans? and it is supposed to be a race kite.
What i dislike is now every kite company is now putting there race kites out in the market, companies that dont even know what the hell there doing.

Epic should go back and do there garbage wakestyle shit! if you can call it like that :thumb:

adamharr
Rare Poster

Postby adamharr » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:51 pm

Common if you want to race test atleast get a decent 2013 race board, not a 2011 Venturi POS :nono:

stefaans
Very Frequent Poster

Postby stefaans » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:10 pm

HAHA, too funny Adam. Wouldn't get all excited about this this kite has been out for 18 months and hasn't done sh!t.
All the guys try and fail. They all try and make high aspect kites with skinny leading edges and of course those kites sucks the worst.
Racing is about results so no cheating, judges etc.

Yeah man. Ozone Edges are refined race machines

gmb13
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Flag Beach, Fuerteventura
Style: Everything
Gear: Indiana, Sailmon
Brand Affiliation: Indiana, Sailmon

Postby gmb13 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:43 pm

No use arguing about it. It's not even registered for Racing International Events anyways. So it will never really be able to prove itself until Dimitri gets it registered.

http://www.internationalkiteboarding.or ... cing-kites

--
Gunnar

adamharr
Rare Poster

Postby adamharr » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:26 am

o well
Last edited by adamharr on Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”