Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Method V2 9M (not your average wave kite)

Forum for kitesurfers
Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: Method V2 9M (not your average wave kite)

Postby Westozzy » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:16 am

Great to hear people are stoked with these kites but...

So unlike other company's that put out a so called"new kite" every year,Switch actually only releases new kites when they can improve on the previous version

They've only done two versions...lol... :) :)

Wait until they are 5 years in min before you start making comments like that bad companies that have been in the sport for years...dear me.

Again though good to hear the excitement around and yes the price difference is remarkable.

toddalbinson
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Wrightsville beach NC
Carolina beach
The Basin
Masonboro Island
Favorite Beaches: Any with wind
Style: wake,free,surf
Gear: Switch,Liquid Force
Brand Affiliation: Switch team Rider
Been thanked: 0

Postby toddalbinson » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:33 pm

Update on kite.

Even more stoked on this kite!

I can ride my LF kite fish with this kite in light wind. Im guessing anywhere between 12 and 16mph. Man this 9 has some grunt. Also had it in 35 mph and it performed great with a little surf board. Did have to make TE knots all the way out. If your a big dude like me 190lbs than the 9 is the kite. Smaller guys are loving the 7.

I figured out how to make the kite turn 2 different ways. If I pull the bar to make a normal smooth turn, it has smooth consistent power through turn(I do this on my bottom turn). If I give the bar a quick yank(whoop) it pivots right around to the other side (do this when smacking lip).

Also surfs good unhooked.

If your looking for an awesome surf kite give the Method 2 a shot.

Longwave
Rare Poster
Local Beach: PnP
Favorite Beaches: Les Landes...
Style: surf
Gear: RRD Religion 7m Switch Method V2 9m and 11m
RRD Obsession 9m and 12m Blade Trigger 10m
RRD Addiction 14m etc... and kitesurfboards (F-One fish 5'2", Underground 5'8", surfboards and a North nugget)
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Longwave » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:12 pm

I have the Method V2 9m and 11m.
There are not bad kites, but I don't like them. I don't feel connected to their flying characteristics. Mostly the 11m.
First the good points (for me!): Very well built, goes upwind like a dream, very descent lift for a wave kite and sober and nice graphics.
Not too good points (still for me!): There is some kind of vague feel in the bar (not a clear kite positioning feedback), not a good drifter from far, very fast flying through the wind window, too long bar depower course, slow turning for the 11m even on short lines.
I know that some people love this kite but it's certainly not the ultimate wave kite for every "kite" surfer, I still can say that it has a very specific character which is great. More choice , more kites , more fun.

Return to “Kitesurfing”