Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

EpicKites 4G

Forum for kitesurfers
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Re: EpicKites 4G

Postby Laughingman » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:47 am

Dimitri M wrote:Thank you Laughingman for your inputs on the new 4G kites you just got. I guess all you had to do was try them and as always, the kites talk for themselves.
:thumb:
Now concerning the (5) meter extension lines for the RENEGADE 13 LTD. It is a great idea but most of the people don't like extension lines because sometimes the lines get stuck together when you relaunch the kites because of the connections. They like to fly the kite on 22 meter lines or use the 15 meters for teaching or for surfing. But they can always buy on our ONLINE STORE or any of our Epic dealers and extra set of (5 meter) extension lines.
The only kite that has an extra set of (5 meter) extension lines instead of the (15 meter) lines is the INFINITY kite. But your inputs are taken into consideration and maybe for the next (5G) kites the RENEGADE 13 LTD will come with an extra set of (5 m) lines instead of (20 m) lines.

This is the RENEGADE 13 LTD (4G) in action in Rhodos "Greece".

I did leave that out... I/we have been looking for a new quiver for years. I test drove several kites. None of them offered much of an upgrade from what I already had right up until you put these kites in our hands with the new bar prototype. SOLD! Performance, ease of use and safety. That's all I wanted... The EPIC 4G Renegades checked all the boxes.

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby KYLakeKiter » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:24 am

Laughingman wrote:
Dimitri M wrote:Thank you Laughingman for your inputs on the new 4G kites you just got. I guess all you had to do was try them and as always, the kites talk for themselves.
Now concerning the (5) meter extension lines for the RENEGADE 13 LTD. It is a great idea but most of the people don't like extension lines because sometimes the lines get stuck together when you relaunch the kites because of the connections. They like to fly the kite on 22 meter lines or use the 15 meters for teaching or for surfing. But they can always buy on our ONLINE STORE or any of our Epic dealers and extra set of (5 meter) extension lines.
The only kite that has an extra set of (5 meter) extension lines instead of the (15 meter) lines is the INFINITY kite. But your inputs are taken into consideration and maybe for the next (5G) kites the RENEGADE 13 LTD will come with an extra set of (5 m) lines instead of (20 m) lines.

I did leave that out... I/we have been looking for a new quiver for years. I test drove several kites. None of them offered much of an upgrade from what I already had right up until you put these kites in our hands with the new bar prototype. SOLD! Performance, ease of use and safety. That's all I wanted... The EPIC 4G Renegades checked all the boxes.
So you got to test the 4G kites with the new bar as well?

EastCC
Medium Poster
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo - Australia

Postby EastCC » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:37 am

Can't wait to get on these kites next week. Anyone in Australia interested in the 4G kites get in contact with me and I'll hook you up with a demo.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:29 am

This is the bag of the SCREAMER 10 LTD (4G). Once again thank you for all your inputs for making such a great epic bag.
Attachments
DSC_0003.jpg
DSC_0015 2.jpg
DSC_0008 3.jpg
DSC_0010 1.jpg

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board

Postby Laughingman » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:26 pm

KYLakeKiter wrote:
Laughingman wrote:

So you got to test the 4G kites with the new bar as well?
We did, but that was back in April, I am pretty sure there have been changes since then as Dimitri was not happy with it just yet.
The two things that are obvious upgrades are
1. New chickenloop
2. single center line flagging

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.

Postby KYLakeKiter » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:11 pm

So you got to test the 4G kites with the new bar as well?[/quote]

We did, but that was back in April, I am pretty sure there have been changes since then as Dimitri was not happy with it just yet.
The two things that are obvious upgrades are
1. New chickenloop
2. single center line flagging[/quote]

OK, thanks. I got to try one of the prototypes in December and liked the way the CL was set up. I was just wondering if the production bar was out and about yet. I think this will be one of the most appreciated improvements to the 4G lineup.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Laughingman » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:33 pm

KYLakeKiter wrote: OK, thanks. I got to try one of the prototypes in December and liked the way the CL was set up. I was just wondering if the production bar was out and about yet. I think this will be one of the most appreciated improvements to the 4G lineup.
Not available yet, I have been told September but hoping to see it sooner.
I agree. This new loop is a game changer for EPIC. Not that it is miles ahead of some competitors but it certainly will bring them up to par with the industry leaders.
It amazes me that even after 5 years Flexifoil has not yet upgraded their bar... its solid but so dated and missing many features. Now partially because of that I have jumped ship and moved on.
It is costly to not keep up with the industry leaders.

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:41 pm

Oldnbroken wrote:Will wait to hear your results.
Bridled C kites seem to be just right for me these days, they keep most of the nice feel of a C kite, but with the easy things that the better sle/delta kites do.
I am here in Paros testing the Judge 9 prototype that Dimitri gave me. Man that kite is amazing. The only thing I did not like about it was the way it was the hooked in looping. It was not looping as fast as the Judge 8 when I was doing my kite loops. But this kite has at least 8 settings on the leading edge and I tried one of the settings I thought was good but I guess that was not a good idea and will put it back to the other setting and try it again tomorrow and let you know.
Attachments
DSC_0138.jpg
DSC_0153.jpg
DSC_0172.jpg

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:37 pm

Ok today I was able to try the Renegade 9 4g. I can't believe the hang time of this Renegade 9. I have flown the 3g but this Renegade 9 4g was just incredible. I think Dimitri and Momi did some changes on the hang time because I think this R9 had more hang time then the 3g. Maybe because it was so windy. It was gusty 18 to 32 knots. Then I took the Screamer 7 4g because it was too much for me and my god I just really love the Screamer kites. Dimitri you are not leaving with this Screamer 7, i ll keep it for me :lol: :lol:
Attachments
DSC_0195 10.jpg
DSC_0117 22.jpg
DSC_0112 23.jpg

KLK
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby KLK » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:16 pm

Return to “Kitesurfing”