Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Zeeko ultimate bar no clamcleat no depower straps?

Forum for kitesurfers
Kite2Heaven
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: The whole coastline of Perth WA
Favorite Beaches: Woodies
Safety Bay 'Pond'
Pelican Point
Lancelin
Augusta
Geraldton
Margaret River
Style: freestyle Wake Surf
Gear: Kites - Naish, Bws Surf, Epic
boards - F-One - Axxis - NBL - Shinn
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Zeeko ultimate bar no clamcleat no depower straps?

Postby Kite2Heaven » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:59 am

Hi Ludo Zeeko
What is the break strength of the little pin where the c/l lines go through on the chicken loop ???

Ive seen the real bar and it looks a bit dodgy from a big air rip you off the water point of view...

Other than that - great bar :)

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:20 am

KitesurferRO wrote:
They dont seem to sell it without a kite.
@ ronnie
Have you tried:
http://www.kitesurferstore.com/2012ZeekoKites.html

Here's their contact info: http://www.kitesurferstore.com/Contact.html
I emailed Zeeko (unfortunately have deleted the emails) but I was also asking about buying parts of the bar seperately so that may have resulted in me getting the wrong idea. I'm glad they are selling the whole bar.

I will have a look and see if I can find somewhere in the UK or europe that sells it seperately and see what the price is.

I like the design and it looks like it should be useable on a lot of kites, but it also has to be good value, otherwise people will try to make something that works like it.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:43 pm

Was just doing some research on this bar and found this video. Has anyone else experience the release letting go unintentionally or have an opinion if this is a priblem based on your exoerience with this bar?
http://youtu.be/BNEmK45xTL8

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:24 pm

as many of others bar systems this one has common major flaw: to depower the kite you have to first power it by sheeting in.

so no wonders here...

KappuhH
Medium Poster

Postby KappuhH » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:04 am

Laughingman wrote:Was just doing some research on this bar and found this video. Has anyone else experience the release letting go unintentionally or have an opinion if this is a priblem based on your exoerience with this bar?
This problem is experienced by a small group of customers. Especially those who are doing unhooked tricks. The QR releases when they touch the spreader bar.

There is a kit available to avoid this problem. Contact your Zeeko dealer for this kit. If you need a fast solution, put a tie wrap around the orange part of the QR (just on/above the click fingers).

aleks
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Ontario
Gear: RDB, Elf
Brand Affiliation: WOO, RDB, Elf

Postby aleks » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:05 pm

KappuhH wrote:
Laughingman wrote:Was just doing some research on this bar and found this video. Has anyone else experience the release letting go unintentionally or have an opinion if this is a priblem based on your exoerience with this bar?
This problem is experienced by a small group of customers. Especially those who are doing unhooked tricks. The QR releases when they touch the spreader bar.

There is a kit available to avoid this problem. Contact your Zeeko dealer for this kit. If you need a fast solution, put a tie wrap around the orange part of the QR (just on/above the click fingers).
My friend and myself both have Zeeko bars, and we both had exactly the same problem. QR releases un-intentionaly and absolutely unexpectedly. We don't do unhooked tricks, so I think there are a lot more people affected than "a small group".

We ended up putting isolation tape around QR on our bars, so it doesn't release so easily anymore. If there is an official kit, I would love to try it as well. We ordered our bars from Montreal, so I don't know if they can send that kit to us for free. One thing for sure - it is not safe to use this bar without a fix.

RAL INN
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sandy Point
Favorite Beaches: Pt Danger, Torquay, Aust.
Sandy point, Aust.
Nananu-i-ra, Fiji.
Style: freeride/waves
Gear: Zeeko Krush 12m, 9m, Notus3 10m.
Bhoot130x 39 TT, Zeeko Slash surfboard
Brand Affiliation: Naish, Zeeko.
Location: Victoria, Australia./instr+retailer www.krakentours.com

Postby RAL INN » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:32 am

this has happened to a couple of my customers and me. in searching out the problem we came to the conclusion that the QR was very easy to operate which while being good for a safety situation also has the disadvantage of operating when bumped or rubbed etc. in the wrong way.
this unintentional activation can happen when hooking up to launch and have the QR slightly activated ready to release under load. we cured the problem totally by simply doing a last check of QR when kite lines have some load prior to launch. Do the check and to our experience these last 2 seasons no more problems. Obviously unhooking during riding sort of means a similar check if you are affected by this problem.

KappuhH
Medium Poster

Postby KappuhH » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:51 am

aleks wrote: My friend and myself both have Zeeko bars, and we both had exactly the same problem. QR releases un-intentionaly and absolutely unexpectedly. We don't do unhooked tricks, so I think there are a lot more people affected than "a small group".

We ended up putting isolation tape around QR on our bars, so it doesn't release so easily anymore. If there is an official kit, I would love to try it as well. We ordered our bars from Montreal, so I don't know if they can send that kit to us for free. One thing for sure - it is not safe to use this bar without a fix.
Concerning the kit, just ask the shop that delivered your bar.
I'm riding a bar without the kit for 1,5 year now and haven't experienced any problems, so it will not happen at any bar.

But every rider should check the QR often...

More about the kit: http://zeeko-kites.forumactif.com/t807- ... gueurs-uds

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Oldschool
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!

Postby marlboroughman » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:17 pm

Anybody using Zeeko sheeting system with Mystic spreader bar and no CL?

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.

Postby DrLightWind » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:14 pm

I E-Mailed to Nicolas to respond since I have one from Montreal,
but he is out of the office until 18th of August 2013.
Here is the N. American supplier:

KITEFORCE
École, Boutique de Kitesurf et de Snowkite
Kitesurfing and Snowkiting School and Shop
8400, St Laurent, Suite 208,
Montréal, QC
H2P 2M4
514-691-3314
kite-force.com

DrLW

Return to “Kitesurfing”