westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Using another bar on a C4

Postby soul19 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:49 pm

Has anyone ever used another companies bar on a C4? I know that you need a single line flagging system bar as that is their safety system. I have used other bars on other kites and have found that they never fly as well? At the time that I was doing this was during my learning stage and ever since than I have always used the appropriate bar per kite set up. I am looking at buying a few ozone C4 kites used and it comes with no bar! I cannot seem to find any bars from ozone for sale but there are many other companies bars for sale.

James

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Using another bar on a C4

Postby BWD » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:12 pm

Slingshot bar works well with c4,

fdvj
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: lancing
Style: freeride
Gear: naish nobile
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby fdvj » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:56 pm

I have used slingshot, naish(you have to reverse the pigtails), and blade.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:50 pm

u can use 2012 or later ozone, slingshot, liquid force, wainman, blade or naish

recently tried a 2013 naish bar, I really like it. like liquid force, and slingshot they have below bar depower but instead of pulling the line in to lock it you pull it out. What this means is that you can actually use the below the bar depower without having to yank like crazy. The naish is also like ozone where it comes up to a red ball and then into a stainless steel socket where the V is. Naish also has finger grips, have to admit I like those too. I also like the price point for a new but 1 year old model 2012 Naish control bar. Ozone bars are above the bar depower, that's always the easiest way to trim your kite, but unfortunately the ozone bars are still side pull release not center push, maybe next year.

Any of the above bars will work fine, you will need pigtails on some of them to convert loop to knot.

If you try to use a bar with a Y on it on a kite designed for a V (mini 5th line) the kite can fly funny, especially on larger kites. And of course the kite won't flag out properly on a mini-5th if it's not designed for it. Smaller kites don't seem to mind the Y so much. The Y mini-5th line control bars (2012 or later) are cabrinha best north airush epic switch gk core and ocean rodeo.

Return to “Kitesurfing”