Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

No more production of the North Fuse

Forum for kitesurfers
Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Re: No more production of the North Fuse

Postby Caesar » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:44 pm

14ToeSide wrote:So it sounds like then the Rebel and Fuse are NOT the same kite?? Glad we finally got that Dead horse beat to a Pulp and over to the Glue factory!!
Hi mate,

I tried the 2013 Rebel and it differs from the Fuse. The Fuse is a true jumping machine. The Rebel is more like an allrounder (in my opinion).
There was a teamrider or North Rep who posted that the Fuse jumps better than the Rebel. Anyone has the link? Maybe it was in the KiteMagazine. I can't remember where I saw it. But on this comment I took the punt and bought the Fuse and never looked back.
One of our guests arrived with the 2014 Rebel. I will try that kite in the next few days when I see him on the water and will let you know.

Cheers
Caesar 8)

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Jbrook » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:15 pm

Caesar all you do is jump big air style no reason your kite should hit the water much? Come to Paracuru I can give you a lesson for beers hehe! I was hesistant to go 5 line but now I laugh that I waited so long, Vegas is the best kite come try mine you will change your opinion I have 9 and 11 and are waiting for you. Come tomorrow and quit talking on this forum man. Look upwind in 30 minutes you will see me going off haha. :rollgrin:

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:28 pm

Jbrook wrote:Caesar all you do is jump big air style no reason your kite should hit the water much? Come to Paracuru I can give you a lesson for beers hehe! I was hesistant to go 5 line but now I laugh that I waited so long, Vegas is the best kite come try mine you will change your opinion I have 9 and 11 and are waiting for you. Come tomorrow and quit talking on this forum man. Look upwind in 30 minutes you will see me going off haha. :rollgrin:
:lol: , sorry man, I can't kite upwind. You need to come down.

Be happy with your 5 liners. I am not- end of story.

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby KYLakeKiter » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:31 pm

Surely someone from North must be monitoring all this chatter. Happy customers wanting kites that are already developed. Come on North, give the people what they want. The kiting public must be satisfied. :D

hmattar
Medium Poster
Local Beach: salinas/PA-Brazil
Favorite Beaches: Salinas/PA Cumbuco/CE

Postby hmattar » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:54 pm

One of the reasons I changed from rebel(2012) to fuse(2013) was the 5th line.
I'm not a pro. In the 7 months of wind we have here in Belém, I managed to Drop and tangle my kite arorund the 5th line 3 times. Once I was able to come back to the beach, with the kite flying all weird and twisted, other 2 times I had to be pulled back by a fellow kiter(one was a hot chick, so it was good after all kkkkk).

But safety wise, if I can get a kite that will avoid this, and also suits me better for my riding style, why would I go back to the rebel?

If north changed fuse to a single front line flag system it would be even better!

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:55 pm

Closed minded thinking :thumb: :bye:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:58 am

14ToeSide wrote:So it sounds like then the Rebel and Fuse are NOT the same kite?? Glad we finally got that Dead horse beat to a Pulp and over to the Glue factory!!
:desperado: :housewife: :happybirthday: :housewife: :desperado: :housewife: :happybirthday:

:cheers: deFUSE..difFUSE..conFUSE..reFUSE..FUSEless :cheers:

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:02 am

hmattar wrote:One of the reasons I changed from rebel(2012) to fuse(2013) was the 5th line.
I'm not a pro. In the 7 months of wind we have here in Belém, I managed to Drop and tangle my kite arorund the 5th line 3 times. Once I was able to come back to the beach, with the kite flying all weird and twisted, other 2 times I had to be pulled back by a fellow kiter(one was a hot chick, so it was good after all kkkkk).

But safety wise, if I can get a kite that will avoid this, and also suits me better for my riding style, why would I go back to the rebel?

If north changed fuse to a single front line flag system it would be even better!

yep but that snot because you are new man, I did it as well even after 13 seasons. Had to hold back all the time in the waves eventually. Everyone has their opinion but I have seen the swim in by many others over time. This has been covered before but I'm the camp if you can avoid a fifth line do it!! Just happened way too many times to counter anything anyone says about the fifth line not being a problem. Empirical evidence only but enough to convince me.

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:07 am

+1 SupaEz. I'm happy we are not Con-"FUSED" that the FUSE and the Rebel are NOT the same kites.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :chorus: :chorus: :holiday: :lol1: :housewife: :desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :party1: :party1: :party1: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :kiff: :kiff: :kiff: :kiff:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:55 pm

14ToeSide wrote:+1 SupaEz. I'm happy we are not Con-"FUSED" that the FUSE and the Rebel are NOT the same kites.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :chorus: :chorus: :holiday: :lol1: :housewife: :desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :party1: :party1: :party1: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :pump: :kiff: :kiff: :kiff: :kiff:
+1 14 Toeside with the profuseness amount of emoticons

:dance: :jump: :mosh: :clap: :cheers: :cooltext: :bravo: :yourock: :dance3: :thumb: :strong:

Return to “Kitesurfing”