*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: North Dyno 2013 17m, please review?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:07 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:50 pm
Posts: 830
Location: Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Dear all 2013Dyno users,

can some one please review the kite, especially the 17m??? I don't care if pimps reply, just gimmie something?

I see alot of Dyno's out there racing and yet no one is saying either way, good or bad. Can you please write some sort of review?

cheers,

Robbie :D


{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: North Dyno 2013 17m, please review?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:28 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:16 am
Posts: 735
The 17 D is similar to the Edge 19. As far as feel and behavior. The 19 has more Juice obvisiouly. The 17 has good Static pull on a Low rocker board.

The 17 is the SMOOTHEST handling by far. I owned the 18 D and the LTD.

THE 17 climbs UP the window faster than the others giving me juice to get past a wave or white water. I only ride in Ocean. Could translate into Higher jumps. I'm No jump expert. At 244 Pies I am careful. Riding Toeside is a Breeze as you can steer it w one hand up and down the window if needed. I'm sure the low end is as good def smoother delivery than the 18 was. A puff of wind equals INSTANT board speed but very smoothly.

Making a turn from Heelside to Toeside when you the board is directly downwind the 17 KEEPS pulling but very controlled. For me a big plus as I need JUICE to glide through my turn.

ZERO BACKSTALL in any part of the window. PERFECT Bar pressure for me. I have not changed the settings yet.

Flying with 3M Exts.

NO STINKIN pulleys to clean which I like. Kite is perfectly balanced.


Paired w my Nugget you can really motor across the water.

To me the Best Dyno yet. That's my 2-4 Cents!!!

14







Puetz wrote:
Dear all 2013Dyno users,

can some one please review the kite, especially the 17m??? I don't care if pimps reply, just gimmie something?

I see alot of Dyno's out there racing and yet no one is saying either way, good or bad. Can you please write some sort of review?

cheers,

Robbie :D


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: North Dyno 2013 17m, please review?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:48 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:29 pm
Posts: 230
Location: Michigan
I've never ridden the 17 but I rode my buddies 15m in pretty light winds the other day for about an hour. He weighs 160lbs and uses this 15 as his light wind kite. I had the Infinity V1 and just got the Blade Fat Lady (i weigh 210lbs). I didn't really think I was going to like this kite because I like fast turning kites and this thing is pretty damn slow. But I was pleasantly surprised with it. I've never ridden one of these "race" type kites but now I see why they are used for racing. The thing that was most noticeably different from kites I'm used to is that it was slow turning but once you built some board speed the thing started pulling like a truck. You really didn't have to move the kite around the window to build power. Just sheet in on the bar and edge your board and the thing just speeds up and pulls. Had some pretty big boosts too once the wind picked up. I wouldn't mind picking up one of these 17's if I come across a deal on one!


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: North Dyno 2013 17m, please review?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:02 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:50 pm
Posts: 830
Location: Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
... thanks guys, thats great.

Good news to hear the 17m has similar power to 19m Edge because I've ridden the 19m and it was close to my beloved 18m Dyno's power, only I had to sine a couple of times to get the similar power.

Bar pressure sounds good too, again if its similar to the 19m, in fact even if its a little heavier thats good because I though the 19m was very light, almost too light and I started to loose feeling where the kite was. Good news again.

So long as the 2013 Dyno is better than the 2012 Dyno, I'm a happy man. I thought the 2012 Dyno was way to board specific!

cheers,

Robbie :D


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: North Dyno 2013 17m, please review?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:34 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:16 am
Posts: 735
Robbie,

I changed the Bar press on the 19 Edge and it would probably suit u better. I don't believe you will be dissapointed with the D 17. Night and day diff VS the 2012 Dyno. I will change the Bar pressure in the 17 Dyno and see how it feels.

14


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: North Dyno 2013 17m, please review?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:39 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:25 am
Posts: 2201
Thank god robbie, wasn't looking good there for a while hey.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: North Dyno 2013 17m, please review?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:59 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:50 pm
Posts: 830
Location: Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
... great news, thanks 14!!! So long as the 2013 is different to the 2012, that's good news indeed.

Zero backstall is another good thing.

14, you say you changed bar pressure on the 19 and it would suit me better, do you mean the 19m has better bar feedback or the 17 does or the 19m is heavier on the bar so therefore i'd like it better? Sorry but my shorthand spelling like I was texting isn't up to standards so I interpret what you said 2 different ways. Anyway, can you elaborate on this please.

cheers,

Robbie :D


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: North Dyno 2013 17m, please review?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:11 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:50 pm
Posts: 830
Location: Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Westozzy wrote:
Thank god robbie, wasn't looking good there for a while hey.


... yes,,,,, finally,,,,,, some answers!!!

I actually started to enjoy the 19m in Bali but wanted just that little bit more, something,,, and it sounds like the Dyno has a little more of what I was after. I supose the only way to know for sure is to try myself.

:thumb:


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: North Dyno 2013 17m, please review?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:58 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:25 am
Posts: 2201
Puetz wrote:
Westozzy wrote:
Thank god robbie, wasn't looking good there for a while hey.


... yes,,,,, finally,,,,,, some answers!!!

I actually started to enjoy the 19m in Bali but wanted just that little bit more, something,,, and it sounds like the Dyno has a little more of what I was after. I supose the only way to know for sure is to try myself.

:thumb:



I can tell you what you are looking for, that something more is the static grunt the edge doesn't really give you. Pull in to far and it shoots forward and you lose power and speed, edge require more attention. That's why you liked the zephyr. And it quick turning and stability of course.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: North Dyno 2013 17m, please review?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:09 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:50 pm
Posts: 830
Location: Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
Westozzy wrote:
Puetz wrote:
Westozzy wrote:
Thank god robbie, wasn't looking good there for a while hey.


... yes,,,,, finally,,,,,, some answers!!!

I actually started to enjoy the 19m in Bali but wanted just that little bit more, something,,, and it sounds like the Dyno has a little more of what I was after. I supose the only way to know for sure is to try myself.

:thumb:



I can tell you what you are looking for, that something more is the static grunt the edge doesn't really give you. Pull in to far and it shoots forward and you lose power and speed, edge require more attention. That's why you liked the zephyr. And it quick turning and stability of course.


... I bet the next Edges will have more Zephyr in them!


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Do-it and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group