Style: twin tip, strapless surf board, foil
Gear: this year (15) teaching & riding on f-one, Ozone, North Kites
Ocean Rodeo Duke board, Nugget board, Bomb and more
Kentos foil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: More strutless love

Postby marekmk » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:27 pm

on the first session flown with the f-one bar and on the second the ozone bar, why would these bars be the wrong ones and if there are bars that are not suitable what are they?, thanks, m

alkiter
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Jupiter
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Whatever works

Postby alkiter » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:57 pm

marekmk wrote:on the first session flown with the f-one bar and on the second the ozone bar, why would these bars be the wrong ones and if there are bars that are not suitable what are they?, thanks, m
Not saying there is anything wrong with the bars, it's just that your observations are completely opposite to my experience, and I have both Cloud and Edges. I don't fly the Edges anymore because of their slow turning and heavy bar feel compared to the Cloud.
Best part is that those that don't like the Cloud don't have to buy one. Just sit on the beach and let us ride in peace. It is a lot less crowded and more enjoyable that way.

Hunqi
Frequent Poster
Style: Old School
Gear: Ozone
Been thanked: 0

Postby Hunqi » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:29 pm

People who are just surfing here the net and they don't have a clue of Ozone's Edge 2013 bar pressure, :bang:
should look it up here "what kite has low bar pressure with power?"
When people are missing the experience and agility plus flying that in less than 12 Kn, would be better not to say anything :wink:

viewtopic.php?t=2380209&p=791370

H
Last edited by Hunqi on Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

marekmk
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: africa, new zealand, madagascar, LA, brazil prea, ect
Style: twin tip, strapless surf board, foil
Gear: this year (15) teaching & riding on f-one, Ozone, North Kites
Ocean Rodeo Duke board, Nugget board, Bomb and more
Kentos foil

Postby marekmk » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:01 am

ozonelevel wrote:
marekmk wrote:on the first session flown with the f-one bar and on the second the ozone bar, why would these bars be the wrong ones and if there are bars that are not suitable what are they?, thanks, m
Not saying there is anything wrong with the bars, it's just that your observations are completely opposite to my experience, and I have both Cloud and Edges. I don't fly the Edges anymore because of their slow turning and heavy bar feel compared to the Cloud.
Best part is that those that don't like the Cloud don't have to buy one. Just sit on the beach and let us ride in peace. It is a lot less crowded and more enjoyable that way.
just to clarify, the idea of a forum is to share ones experience. your reply sounds precious and precocious. the danger with this born again mentality is that any other view point than yours has no validity.
I did buy into this strut less love after reading all the reviews, until I tried it. I do see the potential but it has a long way to go.
by my nature I will keep on trying and exploring every new development in kiting, and can,t wait for
a strutless kite that is enjoyable to fly

greenhat
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kite Island, NJ
Favorite Beaches: Kite Island
Gear: Best Cabo, Ozone Reo, Slingshot Celeritas, Mystic Majestic
Brand Affiliation: Best, Cabrinha, Slingshot, Spleene, Mystic, Naish, HQ, Neil Pryde, Ocean Rodeo, Ozone.

Postby greenhat » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:03 am

I find the 10m naish trip to be a pretty well designed for a strutless, only time i noticed luffing or and difference is when it was underpowered. As long as it pretty powered up it holds its shape really well and performs like a 3-5 strut kite.

During jumps it does stall or anything, I havent tried the cloud yet, so I cant say much about it

Hunqi
Frequent Poster
Style: Old School
Gear: Ozone

Postby Hunqi » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:20 pm

greenhat wrote:As long as it pretty powered up it holds its shape really well and performs like a 3-5 strut kite.
And nobody believes that :alarm:
If that would be true why Bill Hanson and other stupid manufacturers are using at least 3 struts :?:

H

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Hunqi wrote:
greenhat wrote:As long as it pretty powered up it holds its shape really well and performs like a 3-5 strut kite.
If that would be true why Bill Hanson and other stupid manufacturers are using at least 3 struts :?:

H
i would agree with green hat. i thought the cloud felt really nice, very solid and stable when decently powered.

what do you mean by "stupid manufacturers".......would love to see the kites you have designed and brought to market. please by all means share

alkiter
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Jupiter
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Whatever works

Postby alkiter » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:02 pm

Hunqi wrote:

H
You don't have to believe anything, try it and see for yourself.

JV
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: Close to home: Petit Travers et Espiguette near Montpellier, French Mediterranean
Close to ancesters native place: Ste Barbe south Brittany French Atlantic
Style: Papy kiting freeride and waves
Gear: Boards: rarely my 555 Nobile 140 x 44, Mostly a Rootshape Slice surfkite 170 (ex Aska board) and a F-One Fish 5.10 in lightwinds. Kites: Boardriding Maui Clouds 17, 13 & 10m, and Griffin Chimeras 10 & 8m and occasionaly Ozone Instinct 6m.

Postby JV » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:14 am

One after the others, those asking me on french beaches to give a try to my Clouds, especially the 17m in light wind, recognize that they are different, that they work well and that they will start considering them.
As Greg keep saying, it is not because the Clouds work well that the other kites are bad.
As far as I am concerned, the 17m and 13m Clouds suit better my needs that all other kites of similar size that I have owned.

gbgreen59
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gbgreen59 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:09 pm

I was out at Kanaha on a light wind day a while back. I was on a 17m with a freerace board and others were on smaller kites with foil boards. At one point all kites fell out of the sky....except one...the Cloud. The guy with the Cloud came to shore to talk with his buddy. He let the Cloud sit on its side and let go of the bar. The Cloud parked itself there in the lightest wind. The other kites could not do this. Then he grabbed his bar and took off on his larger twin tip. I was really impressed. The strutted kites could not stay in the air without apparent wind helping. I'd say that there is more than just a 2 knot advantage with the Cloud. I'd really like to try one some time. It seemed to be more reliable in the air too. Pretty amazing.

Return to “Kitesurfing”