Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: 6m "C" Style Kite

Postby plummet » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:03 am

JGTR wrote:The moral of the story???

Plummet doesn't know what he's talking about :lol:

Just because you rode your Reo on a windy day when no one else went out doesn't really prove anything :-? Great story though :thumb:
Maybe I wasn't clear. The boys had been out. They found the conditions no fun to ride in. Flagged it and came in.
So.. the C kite was unenjoyable and not worth continueing the session. The low aspect sle. great fun.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby JGTR » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:36 am

TheRussian wrote:lol..... I agree with Peter - although I love (proper) c's, a small c can be a handful. I had a 5.5m X3 and it was v hard work
They don't make theses kites any more so how will the OP end up buying a X3 :lol:

Modern C kites are very user friendly

fdvj
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: lancing
Style: freeride
Gear: naish nobile

Postby fdvj » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:46 am

But the question is how many 6m non 'c' kites has JGTR flown? :D

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:16 am

fdvj wrote:But the question is how many 6m non 'c' kites has JGTR flown? :D
I regularly fly 2013 North Neos and Evos, I have access to full quiver 5m up to 14m :D (14m only in Evos) owned a first gen Sonic quiver (awesome kites) a full quiver of Waroos, a full quiver of Nobile 555s, Naish Cults and Bolts for a few sessions. Airush One aswell but not for long. Currently own 2007 - 2010 Torches. Before that I owned various c kites from 2005 ish, Elements, CO2s, Fuel, Yargas (both C and SLE), full quiver 2005 Rhinos and 2006 Rhinos, Wipika Hydra, Naish Ravens........that answer your question??

john a
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freestyle, airstyle, freeride, snowkite
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight

Postby john a » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:56 pm

C-kites are more fun 9-13 in my opinion. And if you havent godt any jet, small sizes are not the best choice. I have ridden in som crazy conditions 62knots++ but wouldnt dare with my C. Have both friendly and c in small sizes... But hardly ride the c smaker than 9... You can get a bit loop with the kite low and not feel like you are going to die with a kinder one. Love my 9-11-13 though. The 7c is good for passing in more stable conditions, but i'll prefere a kinder one for those storm days.

william_rx7
Medium Poster

Postby william_rx7 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:26 pm

Thanks, great advice. I agree, when it's 6m weather here in Ontario, it's usually pretty gusty (30-40knots) too. Flying something with lots of range and de-power is probably best.

Lives2fly
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Barvas, Gress, Sheilabost, Luskentyre, Reef, Ardroil, Melbost, Tong
Style: Freeride/Freestyle
Gear: Naish Cults, Bolts & Parks

Postby Lives2fly » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:43 pm

JGTR wrote:
TheRussian wrote:lol..... I agree with Peter - although I love (proper) c's, a small c can be a handful. I had a 5.5m X3 and it was v hard work
They don't make theses kites any more so how will the OP end up buying a X3 :lol:

Modern C kites are very user friendly
I have a 6m X3 - Its awesome until you crash it. Then it sucks.

Hansen Design
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Hansen Design » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:19 pm

JTGR is right. :thumb:
Switch Combat2 comes out of the bag with alternate front line attachments (higher on the LE Tube) for those looking for improved de-power. Multiple rear line attachments to adjust turning speed. The 5, 6 & 7sqm sizes are designed as 4-liners (with optional 5th) and re-launch is nearly instant by pulling a single rear line. Second season now consistently on the PKRA podium. Fun, simple, high-performance kites and nothing to be afraid of... :thumb: :thumb:
JGTR wrote:Modern C kites are very user friendly

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:37 pm

Gotta love how some interesting topics tend to go south around here... :thumb: :lol:

That being said, you guys need to realize that a typical 6m-day on Great Lakes (or any other deep-in-land lake for that matter) is quite far from a typical 6m-day on any coast. I have seen too many flat-ish kites (like SB, Cores and even Bandits 1/2) inverting in these conditions upon being hit by a really strong gust while it's fully de-powered, so my-self I have a tendency to recommend something C-shaped for these nuking conditions as kites with a deep profile are a lot more stable and are basically inversion - proof. As such something like RPM, C4, Envy, Vector, B5/6 etc are hard to go wrong in these sizes, but going for a pure c-kite - would most likely end up as a big disappointment - riding a low depower kite in punchy 28-40+ isn't fun at all.

Cheers!

Return to “Kitesurfing”