Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Adicora Venezuela Wind 10 months / year + cheap+ warm !

Forum for kitesurfers
Kite-adic
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Adicora, Venezuela
Style: Freeride.
Gear: C-kites
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Adicora Venezuela Wind 10 months / year + cheap+ warm !

Postby Kite-adic » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:43 am

southflorida wrote:I'll second his information on the wind. And warmth.

It's the trades and they sweep the northern coast of Venezuela for 8 or so months a year. The tree pictured in my avatar was wind-swept by those trades in eastern Venezuela. Those winds built the town of El Yaque on Margarita island (eastern Venezuela) on the windsurfing craze. In 1982 El Yaque was a desolate fishing village, it is now a thriving little town with dozens of small hotels catering to kiters and windsurfers.

Venezuela has tremendous tourism potential for kiters, but until the safety improves substantially, and they get over their silly problems like scarcity of toilet paper and other essentials, then they might be able to take advantage of the wind and focus on tourism.

Adicora, and the entire Paraguana peninsula has the potential to be as good as NE Brazil if it is ever developed. And it is closer to the USA, potentially much easier/quicker to get to. There is certainly no lack of wind.

I don't know about "cheap"...there is little local production of anything. Too much is imported, including now toilet paper, coffee, meats, grains...they have real problems producing enough to feed themselves. Not a surprise considering they are modeling themselves and being guided by Cuba's economic and political model.

The USA doesn't have an ambassador in Venezuela, he was kicked out years ago

oh, did I mention? It is WINDY there!

by the way, it is spelled "Colombia", not "Columbia"!

Lol !

Yes for a while ( post-3 months after the last election) the toilet paper was a little hard to find but i can assure you we did not have shortages here for ourselves lol ! :lol:

It is funny to see how the information is transmitted out of here it looks like we are almost starving and dying of hunger ! :lol:

Well, the were a bit of shortages of flour ( Venezuelans love to eat that corn flour to make their " arepas " and "empanadas" ) but relatively solved.

There are other kind of shortages but nothing that will make people starve. In fact you can eat a very variated food here...

The chicken is a problem now but we still can get it. Anyway there is a variated supply of other meat, fish etc...

I am not Venezuelian ( Canadian ) and i would not stay here if it was that bad i can assure you ! :wink:

And i am not a Cuban fan as well, nor Chavista ( i do not believe in any politicians or system ).

It is sad that there is so much bad publicity and exagerations, sure there is a crisis but nothing as bad as what is portrayded...

I know Holland kiters who work in Aruba and they come here and love it so much and recommend to people there to come here and tehy still do not understand why there is as much fear about here cause they find it much better than there to kite !

Much much cheaper and easy to come !

Sure it is not the " Hollyday-inn" hôtels but decent !

:rollgrin:
Last edited by Kite-adic on Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kite-adic
Rare Poster

Postby Kite-adic » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:48 am

Vacaloca wrote:Nice! Once more, how do you get there from caracas?
Greetings !

From Caracas you have to go to Coro or Punto-Fijo.

Then we will pick you up at the airport and do the 1 hour drive to here !

Contact us on this address: kiteadic@gmail.com

We will be pleased to guide and help you out !

Thank you very much !

:bye:

Kite-adic
Rare Poster

Postby Kite-adic » Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:10 am

Got out with my Go-pro last saturday, i should have done this earlier in the afternoon and (everyday last week was incredible ! ) the Wind and waves dropped when i got out...

Here's what's left...

Next time i will get out earlier i promess ! ;)

Farmerr
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Wasaga/Simcoe
Favorite Beaches: Oliphant
Style: Nube
Gear: 2009 9M Cabrinha convert, 2012 12M Cabrinha Vector
2009 131x40 Nobile NHP, 2012 142x44 Airush Switch
Brand Affiliation: Brooklands Farm

Postby Farmerr » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:00 pm

This looks great!
So how cheaply could I live here for at least 2 weeks maybe longer ( 1 month, 2? haha). Cost is an important factor for me.w
I just finished my schooling and will be traveling and kiting for the next several months until my money runs out or I decide to work somewhere..but that somewhere will have to have wind.
My trip could start this October. What do you think of this for a trip (in terms of following the wind)? Start with the North west coast of south america first, since it seems to be windy until December there, and then going over to venezuala and check out your spot..
From there I haven't thought of where to go, any suggestions for awesome spots to check out in or out of argentina? maybe go up to central america? (I'm from Canada also).
Whats the vibe/atmosphere like there? is there a backpacker scene or local?
Cheers and thanks for the info :thumb:

Kite-adic
Rare Poster

Postby Kite-adic » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:03 am

Farmerr wrote::
This looks great!
So how cheaply could I live here for at least 2 weeks maybe longer ( 1 month, 2? haha). Cost is an important factor for me.w
I just finished my schooling and will be traveling and kiting for the next several months until my money runs out or I decide to work somewhere..but that somewhere will have to have wind.
My trip could start this October. What do you think of this for a trip (in terms of following the wind)? Start with the North west coast of south america first, since it seems to be windy until December there, and then going over to venezuala and check out your spot..
Hello there !

Very nice !

Here are the prices ( USD ) are getting lower as you stay longer.

At the posada here for two weeks it is $ 20 per day,

3 weeks: $ 18 / day !

4 weeks and more: 15 $ / day !

Add $ 10 / day with 3 meals ! ( Recommended ! )

You can cook yourself as well if you want to you can save a few bucks out !

Your plan is right ! Coming here in december and after if perfect !

From december the Wind statistics ( over 15-20 knots ) climbs up to more or less 75 % of the time and gets up to 84 % in january to keep up until end of august !
:jump:
From there I haven't thought of where to go, any suggestions for awesome spots to check out in or out of argentina? maybe go up to central america? (I'm from Canada also).
Whats the vibe/atmosphere like there? is there a backpacker scene or local?
Cheers and thanks for the info :thumb:

As Argentina people who come here and a close friend there told me, Argentina kinda sucks for kiting. It is a little like in Canada actually ! :lol:

Well not like the Magdalen Island and Squamish but you know what i am talking about ? :roll:

Well, here between january and end of july you will get it all, everyday windy sunny, hot and water also ( no suits here: just board shorts ), cheap, 24 hours a day Wind, waves and slick, no crowds...

Very hard to beat... You will wish to stay here for ever that is the danger ! :rollgrin:

For other destinations around there are is Margarita, Cuba and this spot in Honduras, that a Quebec pro kiter girl looks very good as well ! Beutiful spot !

Just have to check for the deals !

I have another Montreal friend in St Marteens living in a boat, looks great as well and butiful !

Send me an e-mail for more informations at this adress: kiteadic@gmail.com

Thank you very much ! :thumb:

chaby
Medium Poster

Postby chaby » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:54 am

Holà Marty !
So happy to know you're there !
Peut-être un voyage pour te visiter un jour ?
Mathieu :mosh:

Kite-adic
Rare Poster

Postby Kite-adic » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:20 am

chaby wrote:Holà Marty !
So happy to know you're there !
Peut-être un voyage pour te visiter un jour ?
Mathieu :mosh:
Hey bro !

Content d'avoir de tes news !

Hey ben oui i finally did it ! Je suis vraiment in tha zone !

C'est sur et certain amigo il faut que tu débarques ici c'est le top !

Anytime !

Cheers !! :thumb:

Shape
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: - KWW Lodge Kenia
- Fanö
- Fehmarn, Gold
Style: Wakestyle
Gear: JN Primadonna
Brunotti YZP

Postby Shape » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:13 am

Sounds and looks awesome, we will write a post about it.
http://www.shape-kitereisen.de

Kite-adic
Rare Poster

Postby Kite-adic » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:30 pm

Update:

We have a good, safe, nice and reliable connection for those who wanna pass by Caracas. Our kite and winsurfing friends are very kind and helpful out there ! :thumb:

Guides will greet, guide and translate for travelers at the Caracas international airport ( Maquetia ) to their next connection for las Piedras ( add a small fee for their service ).

They will offer transport, hospitality and breakfast to travelers who are going to have to stay for a night in Caracas to get their next flight to Las Piedras the next day ! ( Add fees for hospitality and services, very reasonable prices ! ) :)

Also, we are currently studying connections for other options for touristic attactions in Venezuela like the Gran sabana and much more others.

Sttay tuned for new updates !

Shape wrote:Sounds and looks awesome, we will write a post about it.
http://www.shape-kitereisen.de
Hello !

It is indeed !

Contact me anytime, i will look forward to your site !

Thank you very much ! :thumb:

Thank you very much !

Vacaloca
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Buenos aires, chascomus, punta rasa

Postby Vacaloca » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:39 am

argentina sucks for kiting, I live there. Wind is super unreliable year roundand there are no good free spots near the city. If you are willing to go a little be to the south of buenos aires it gets better, but still unreliable.

Skip it for kitesurfing. It's expensive too.

Return to “Kitesurfing”