All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Well you think you have a harness, but you Don't
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:19 pm 
Very Frequent Poster

Justin. That is a 6" spreader bar just to put it in perspective. Also, the straps are loose. I would say they are attached in basically the same spot as any other harness. Once sinched down there is very little upward movement with hers and zero with my larger spreader bar.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:36 pm 
Medium Poster

Coleman does an incredibly awesome job with those, i can't wait until cristmas to get mine ordered :P
:naughty:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:43 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Thinking of picking one up to help with the 2 to 3 days of lower back pain after a day on the water. Looking at the website it says you should add an inch to your waist size if you wear a wetsuit. It also gives you 2 different fabric options based on the same. What have people done that spend pretty much equal time on the water with and without neoprene (up to 5mm)?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:21 am 
Frequent Poster

If you want to use it with a mystic spreader be sure to have him put a 3rd "hold-down" strap on. It makes the hook stay down much better. But really that harness works much better with a sliding hook. Because the back support is very rigid and is molded to be centered on your back if gets pulled to one side by a non-sliding hook the bump on the harness that normally fits into the small of your back can pressure some muscles on the side of your spine (at least this happens for me) and it can be quite painful. With a sliding hook the harness does not rotate at all and works really well.

With a sliding hook there is minimal upward rotation even with two straps. With a non-sliding hook, (only tried mystic) the third strap does a good job to prevent upward rotation, but without it there is some upward pull that causes the spreader to dig in to my ribs a bit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:42 am 
Rare Poster

alpower wrote:
Thinking of picking one up to help with the 2 to 3 days of lower back pain after a day on the water. Looking at the website it says you should add an inch to your waist size if you wear a wetsuit. It also gives you 2 different fabric options based on the same. What have people done that spend pretty much equal time on the water with and without neoprene (up to 5mm)?

Coleman made my back mould against my skin and the harness fits fine with or without a wetsuit. I wear a 5/3 no worries... Perfect.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:32 pm 
Rare Poster

Laughingman wrote:
Justin. That is a 6" spreader bar just to put it in perspective. Also, the straps are loose. I would say they are attached in basically the same spot as any other harness. Once sinched down there is very little upward movement with hers and zero with my larger spreader bar.

Thanks for the info

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3