Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2012 Naish Universal Bar Line Length Question????

Forum for kitesurfers
ShredThaGnar
Rare Poster
Local Beach: 2nd Ave N.
Wiggins Pass
Tigertail Beach
Big Hickory Island
Favorite Beaches: OBX
Skyway
Curry Hammock
Veterans Beach
Coco Plum
Jetty Island
Style: The Freshest
Gear: 2015 14m FX
2016 11m Chaos
2013 9m RPM

2016 Naish DUB 138X43
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2012 Naish Universal Bar Line Length Question????

Postby ShredThaGnar » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:16 pm

I just recently got in an order of replacement lines for my 2012 Naish Universal bar. The outside lines are 20m and the grey center lines that attach from the 3 hole ring to the bridles are a mystery and about 10-15ft shorter than the outside lines when laid out. I spoke to a Naish representative and he is working with me but I just wanted to get some feed back about the length of the center lines for 20m outside lines.

Im heading for Barbados next week and id really like to have my 12m ready to go.

Thanks

jedi1
Frequent Poster

Re: 2012 Naish Universal Bar Line Length Question????

Postby jedi1 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:42 pm

Check this movie out , don't just lay your lines flat

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: St. Peter Ording
Favorite Beaches: St. Peter Ording, Tarifa, Sylt
Style: Freeride, jumping, waves, foiling
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil

Postby Dirk » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:46 pm

The 2012 bar does not have the 3 hole ring but a swivel. All line have an equal length of 20m. It sounds as if you have a 2010/2011 Universal Bar. Those ones have the 3 hole ring. The grey middle lines are 17m as there is a 3m single line which goes from the top pulley of the depower line to the 3 hole ring.

bgkiter
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Golden Gardens
Favorite Beaches: Viento
Style: wake
Gear: UFO
Brand Affiliation: Whatever is going cheap

Postby bgkiter » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:45 pm

+1. You have the 2010/2011 bar, both 2012 and 2013 designs have the swivel. IMHO you are better off ditching this bar or retro fitting it to the 2012/2013 system. For that you will need a swivel, grey depower rope, yellow bungee and a set of lines from switch kites. Alternatively buy a 2013 CPR bar on sale from real that has a working swivel and a brand new set of lines.....

V

bgkiter
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Golden Gardens
Favorite Beaches: Viento
Style: wake
Gear: UFO
Brand Affiliation: Whatever is going cheap

Postby bgkiter » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:48 pm

bgkiter wrote:+1. You have the 2010/2011 bar, both 2012 and 2013 designs have the swivel. IMHO you are better off ditching this bar or retro fitting it to the 2012/2013 system. For that you will need a swivel, grey depower rope, yellow bungee and a set of lines from switch kites. Alternatively buy a 2013 CPR bar on sale from real that has a working swivel and a brand new set of lines.....

V

OK, I was thinking about the universal control system from Naish. They also have the shift control system which is their cheapo system they sell with kites like the Ride, etc. You might have that. Anyhow, if it is the 2013 shift system then it is identical to their universal control system from 2010/2011. Regardless, everything that was said above still stands :)

V

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish Pivot, Slash, Boxer, Global, Motion, Traverse, Hero, Naish Hover, Naish Surf Foil

Postby Dirk » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:05 pm

You are right, it might be a 2012 bar but not the Shift, which is the 5th line bar for the Torch. I do not know what they call it, now for 2014 it is called Base.
If it is that one you need 20m middle lines. They brought done the 3 hole ring to the depower line pulley, like it was on the 2009 bar. No more 3m single front line.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:19 pm

There's a Base bar which goes with el cheapo kites like Ride and Trip
Then there's the Universal bar which comes with a swivel at the V-split instead of metal rings
Then there's the ATV bar which is basically a Universal bar but with the above-the-bar trimmer

All 2012+ bars should have lines of the same length

2011-s and older bars were a high Y-split type - thus the front lines were splitting a lot higher and were a lot shorter than the rear lines

There's also the Shift bar for Torches which I don't know squat about as my interest to anything with more than 4 lines is non-existent, so hopefully somebody else can confirm if it is using the same lines as the other models.

Check out the Naish online shop if you're looking for a new bar:

http://naishkites.shptron.com/c/kiteboa ... ol-systems

2012 Universal can be picked up for a bargain, yet alone 2011... I'm waiting for the 2014 bars to become available to pick up another 2013-one. It's a bit thinner than the 2012, everything else is the same though.

Dirk
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dirk » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:38 pm

It is also easy to retrofit the 2010/11 to the current standard. I did that on my 2010 back up bar as I just switched from Helix to Park and the bar was not used much. The length of the depower line is the same, so no need to change. I put in a Wainman swivel as I hope that it works better than the Naish (I have also got a 2012 Naish and the swivel gets stuck a lot). Two new 20 m front lines, no Naish spare parts, but the same quality from the local sailmaker, half the price.
The yellow safety line on the 2010 bar is much longer, but you just have to cut it down.

madmax7
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Belmont, Nicholas Canyon, Lake Isabella, Sherman Island
Favorite Beaches: Cabarette, Margarita, Maui
Gear: Naish Kites, North Boards
Been thanked: 0

Postby madmax7 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:24 pm

It sounds like u have the older, but if u send a pic to Big winds in Hood river ask for TJ and he'll overnight you the right stuff and U ll b good to go!

He knows Naish equip an wont BS you. Hope u r in the states

When I was in Maui and stopped by Naish to replace my center lines they tried to sell me and replace the bar, the rider that helped me replace the lines told me to keep the bar and wear it out and then replace... So don't let the naysayers bumm you out. Get the right lines and ride on!

Max

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:17 pm

Bro don't get unequal lines just because you have older bar. lengthen your leaders instead

Return to “Kitesurfing”