Forum for kitesurfers
FICO90
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: GoPro mounts

Postby FICO90 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:27 pm

deanrobi wrote:Here is a different POV, slightly off topic but ive given up with the board mounts nowadays
http://vimeo.com/71227221
Where are you in this video? It looks like the most epic place in the world ha

deanrobi
Rare Poster

Postby deanrobi » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:53 am

One of the Cook Islands (NZ) called Aitutaki and from there you take 20 minute boat ride out to a sand Motu called Honeymoon Island where there is a little shelter, the locals catch fresh fish and cook it up while you are kiting.

deanrobi
Rare Poster

Postby deanrobi » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:02 am

OceanAdventures wrote:
uncle sammy wrote:Check out Wizmount.
Have tried the Backy mount and recently got my hands on the Wizmount I have to say the Wizmount is way more versatile and can get much better angles and views, also not having to have one specific harness the attach it to is a good thing. Here is just a short video of me beating myself up with a new Lift Hydrofoil. And yes I'm not one of those riders who can just grab something new and figure it out, I have to beat myself up for a bit to figure things out, so the video was just me showing some bumps and bruises of trying to learn. I may be making some instructional videos on the Hydrofoil, as the ones I have seen are ok, but don't give you the right tips for starting out. Man, went a little off topic, anyway check out the Wizmount.

http://youtu.be/3bFVTVApA9o
I contemplated the Wizmount but they were not available in time for my trip, definitely more practical to use and would easily get more use from the wixmount on different sports, im not sold on that particular angle yet but i understand you can basically bend it to what ever angle you like.

The one problem with the backymount (only a small issue) is thats once its on it takes 10 minutes to remove rather than just dropping your backpac off

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:32 am

I have been playing with a few different home made mounts but the Backy mount I find the best....no shots a ruck sack in the picture for a start!

It's attached to an old harness I had, simply losen the waisst harness, spin it around a little to reach the camera (or use the remote on the gopro)

zvika
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Herzliya, Israel

Postby zvika » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:22 pm

Some different POVs with the Wizmount. Endless choices.

dlprince69
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Jupiter Beach, FL
Favorite Beaches: Jupiter Beach, FL Delray beach, FL
Style: Foil, Wave, Air
Gear: Cabrina SB 8, 12, 16, Cloud 17, Crazy Fly LW 155x45, North Jamie 139x39, Lift Foil, Sector 60, Alex A CR69LE

Postby dlprince69 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:25 pm

The best mount I have used is the Glove by www.floydiegloves.com

It was originally build to parachuting but the new models have a GoPro hard-point.
You can grip the bar and forget the camera until you have that perfect moment and can focus on the camera.

Best kiting mount ever!!!

deanrobi
Rare Poster

Postby deanrobi » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:22 pm

Interesting, watched the promo vid, POV is a little to close for me, would like to see some kiting footage while holding the bar to see what it looks like, Got anything DLprince to show us?

zvika
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Herzliya, Israel

Postby zvika » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:57 pm

Even with the wide angle of GoPro (or other cameras), camera has to be at least 50-70cm from you to get a natural attractive POV. This is the whole idea behind 3rd person perspective.

dlprince69
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Jupiter Beach, FL
Favorite Beaches: Jupiter Beach, FL Delray beach, FL
Style: Foil, Wave, Air
Gear: Cabrina SB 8, 12, 16, Cloud 17, Crazy Fly LW 155x45, North Jamie 139x39, Lift Foil, Sector 60, Alex A CR69LE

Postby dlprince69 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:44 pm

deanrobi,

I agree, the glove is a little close for that classic selfie shot but great for most footage. This was shot with the Floydie Glove and the ContourHD. Post edits to rotate the camera.
DLPrince

Edit: Forgot the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9SWnrskMog

Return to “Kitesurfing”