Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Sea Shepherd will attend KTE events

Forum for kitesurfers
SalmonSlayer
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Sea Shepherd will attend KTE events

Postby SalmonSlayer » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:09 am

I have enjoyed the taste of raw whale tail right out of the water. MMMM good!!!

I am all for harvesting whales just like cows as long as a sustainable population is maintained for future generations to enjoy eating.

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: foils and foils

Postby alexrider » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:53 pm

The sailor in me can only feel appalled by Sea Shepherd stunts.
http://deepseanews.com/2009/02/sea-shep ... ers-worse/
"In looking over Swimming With Sharks, I came across this video of Sea Shepard ramming a Japanese whaling ship. Appalled is the best word I can think of to describe my reaction. I am no whale hugger (Give me invertebrates or give me death!) but of course those big charismatic megafauna are worthy of conservation. I definitely don’t approve of Japanese “scientific whaling”. I support strong measures and conservation NGO’s.
However, there is so many things wrong with Sea Shepard’s actions I don’t know where to start.
Ramming another vessel is against every maritime code and general sense of decency I can think of.
For a captain to put both his own vessel and crew at risk but another as well, intentionally, is beyond forgiveness.
To conduct such an act that serves absolutely no function other than showboating or putting on a good show for television crews is cheap

To waste donation money for boat repair, given the three points above, is unethical and betrays the confidence of donors.
For a certain media company who owns this channel to be involved in such stunts, when the purported mission of said group is supposedly education, is hypocritical among many other not so nice terms."

And comments read:
"I personally think that ecoterrorism of any sort is counterproductive. Perhaps I’m naive, but as the husband of a psychologist (i.e. hearing about psych research all the time), I generally believe that the only way to change anything is through education and positive reinforcement (incentives) – especially when it comes to conservation. Negative reinforcement certainly has a role (laws, etc.), but incentives are always needed to keep people from breaking those laws; e.g. things like debt for nature swaps, Ecotourism, etc."

"Paul Watson is a pirate. He doesn’t care about conservation, he doesn’t care about whales. He just wants to sail around in his brigantine drunk with rum and power causing havok.
Any captain that would willfully ram his vessel into another, endangering the lives of his crews, the other crew, and any rescuers who would have to respond to such a disaster, should be stripped of rank and hung from the yardarm.
He’s hijacked a cause and used it to support his own absurd lifestyle. Imagine an environmentalist and you will see everything Paul Watson is not."

:pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:
Arrogance at its best. I mean worst:

"Cove Guardians (コーヴ・ガーディアン) (especially Scott West) of Sea Shepherd Conservation Society (シーシェパード) (SSCS) enjoy racism and cultural imperialism in Taiji.
Caucasians (US Americans and Western Europeans) are trying the force their opinions regarding which animals are acceptable to be eaten and which ones are off limits upon people of other races (speciesism and cultural imperialism)."
Last edited by alexrider on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster

Postby alexrider » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:17 pm

By "confronting illegal activities on the high seas" do they mean engaging in them?
Narcissist scum on their ego trip. They are doing the greatest harm to the cause they claim to defend.
They probably believe they are untouchable because the cause is a worthwhile one, but their "sensational" methods can only make people sympathize with the Japanese whalers.

Last edited by alexrider on Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster

Postby alexrider » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:34 pm

Geronimo79 wrote:Why would anyone want those eco-terorrists in their proximity?
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Vin Stefanelli
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Frenzy
Naish Shockwave
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Vin Stefanelli » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:54 am

well I have seen a few episodes
and think the whale warriors