Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Europe in Sept

Forum for travel reports and travel questions


noldude
Medium Poster
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:12 am

Europe in Sept

Postby noldude » Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:35 am

Hi

I will be going to France for 2 days for a conference then will have from sept 11-15 to kite. I fly back to Amsterdam on Sept 11. Should I stay there or go to Portugal or Turkey?

N

SonnyRider
Medium Poster
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:57 pm
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: A muddy estuary 40 miles from home called Weston super mare.
Favorite Beaches: So many.In no particular order - Wales, Cornwall, Mauritius, Cape Verde, Portugal
Style: Free to do what ever I want
Gear: Airush Wave, Varial X, Vantage and sometimes my GF's Airush Diamonds

Shinn Bronq, Circle one SB & F-One Signature SB
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Bath, UK

Re: Europe in Sept

Postby SonnyRider » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:54 am

Turkey, Gokova will still have reliable wind in september. Not any later than Sept tho'

I don't think Portugal is working then . . .

User avatar
Drande
Medium Poster
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:51 am
Kiting since: 0
Style: wakestyle
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force, O'Neill
Location: Latvia / Carnikava

Re: Europe in Sept

Postby Drande » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:35 pm

Denmark - a lot of wind in September

User avatar
icebird
Frequent Poster
Posts: 240
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:26 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Denmark

Re: Europe in Sept

Postby icebird » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:43 pm

Drande wrote:Denmark - a lot of wind in September


Yes, Ringkøbing Fjord for shallow flat water, or Klit Møller (Cold Hawaii) for waves.

But currently we have not wind at all. I really hope it changes soon.

el_guestos
Medium Poster
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:10 pm
Kiting since: 2003
Local Beach: Tarifa
Brand Affiliation: Owner of Kite School in Tarifa
Location: Tarifa
Contact:

Re: Europe in Sept

Postby el_guestos » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:42 pm

Tarifa should be windy then and the crowds have gone...if you can hold off booking flights it'll allow you to check the forecast before you commit, 4 days isnt really enough to guarantee wind anywhere in Europe in sept.


Return to “Travel”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests