Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

kiting at Wiarton , ont.

Forum for kitesurfers
JaZone
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: kiting at Wiarton , ont.

Postby JaZone » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:15 am

finnkc wrote:I ride from a cottage just 500m west of Holmes and as it is shallow and warm most of the time. The chop (wind swell) can be a pain to learning in.

If the wind has lots of west, it will be gusty probably. Also the wind tends to drop by a few knots once you get offshore and the shore line is all trees and cottages so be careful launching and landing.

In the summer the boaters like to come down and anchor all along the shoreline. By afternoon on a busy weekend you can find over 50+ boats bobbing in the shallows. Finding room to squeak out beyond them can sometimes be tricky if you are learning. Also the beach can get crowded as it isn't that big and the swimmers like to walk way out so keep your eyes peeled for them.

Once Sept hits the crowds start to die down and by Oct they are just about gone. The wind is good then, so most of the time it is just kiters and other wind junkies.
I watched your vids on youtube, I liked the snow kiting one.

Yeah, hopefully it won't be as crowded when I get there in a couple of weeks. In June when I was there it was a bit crowded for my liking.

Return to “Kitesurfing”