Forum for kitesurfers
Babel
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: North Rebel 2014

Postby Babel » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:09 pm

I ride Rebels 2012, 2013 and Neos 2011 and RPMs 2012. In waves and on flat water. I tried Evo, Fuse and Bandit.

In my opinion, to compare a Rebel with a Fuse is probably like comparing an american stockcar with a formular one car. The fuse is powerful, but the steering is not half as direct and quick as the Rebel is. I love precision, so its the Rebel for me. As for the 5th line: Even if it WOULD be a hassle, I would always chose it over a four line kite if it means to have something as precise as the rebel... or not.

Concerning waveriding with Rebel/Neo: There is no doubt, the rebel is great in waves, just as the Neo is. The question you have to ask is what kind of wave riding you want to do. If its the powered version, with the kitepower at hand all the time, the Rebel is perfect.
If you, like me, also like the type of riding waves, where the kite is merely a "lift" to the lineup, but the wave riding itself is very similar to surfing, its definitely the Neo.

Rolling up north kites: try to have the roll always parallel to the next strut. The last segment I usually role up the other way. Benefit of the system: 25knots +, sand flying and trying to role up a kite from either side is a bitch. Even if you put a board on the rolled up side, it will eventually be blown away and you have to start all over again. Thats why I dont use my RPMs in that kinda wind anymore.

sc
Medium Poster

Postby sc » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:23 pm

Packing your Rebel.

Non valve side.
Take the tip and fold inward so that the fold is at the first strut.
Then, at the fist strut, start rolling to the other side until you reach the strut that is second from the end on the (valve side) then stop.

Valve side.
Take the that tip and fold inward, just like you did on the other side. Roll towards the side that you just rolled.
You should have a long roll, now just fold that in half and put it in the bag.

It is important not to create any more length, so when rolling follow the leading edge. Do not let any material slip past the trailing edge.

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:40 pm

Babel wrote:I ride Rebels 2012, 2013 and Neos 2011 and RPMs 2012. In waves and on flat water. I tried Evo, Fuse and Bandit.

In my opinion, to compare a Rebel with a Fuse is probably like comparing an american stockcar with a formular one car. The fuse is powerful, but the steering is not half as direct and quick as the Rebel is. I love precision, so its the Rebel for me. As for the 5th line: Even if it WOULD be a hassle, I would always chose it over a four line kite if it means to have something as precise as the rebel... or not.

Concerning waveriding with Rebel/Neo: There is no doubt, the rebel is great in waves, just as the Neo is. The question you have to ask is what kind of wave riding you want to do. If its the powered version, with the kitepower at hand all the time, the Rebel is perfect.
If you, like me, also like the type of riding waves, where the kite is merely a "lift" to the lineup, but the wave riding itself is very similar to surfing, its definitely the Neo.

Rolling up north kites: try to have the roll always parallel to the next strut. The last segment I usually role up the other way. Benefit of the system: 25knots +, sand flying and trying to role up a kite from either side is a bitch. Even if you put a board on the rolled up side, it will eventually be blown away and you have to start all over again. Thats why I dont use my RPMs in that kinda wind anymore.

+1111111111. My point exactly. When you are in Clydesdale division and Kite in the Atlantic w Chop Suey and lots of current you need the Juice!! For me the Rebel is the best. It drifts good enough for me on the 2-3 seconds we get to ride a Wave before it closes.

Conditions here are NOT like Hawaii or Aust or a lot of those places where the Waves hold up and there are nice glassy conditions in between.

Finally someone else sees the Rebel and Fuse are as different as night and day!

For me, the Rebel is a good wave kite. I have no trouble turning it as fast as I can keep up w it.

OldGuy
Rare Poster
Local Beach: S.F. Bay Area
Style: all
Gear: Twin tips, surf boards, race boards
Been thanked: 0

Postby OldGuy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:42 pm

I think we're getting a little off point here, Arn't we supposed to be talking about 2014 Rebels vs the older ones ? I would like to know if the 2014 Rebel jumps as well as the 2013. I know the 2014 has more grunt for the beginners, but the 2013 had plenty of bottom end if you know how to kite.

The 2013 Rebel is the best jumping Rebel made, does the 2014 compare ? Thanks

Don Lester
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sherman Is.
Favorite Beaches: Sherman Is. Ca.
Los Barriles, Mx
Style: All
Gear: TT, Surf, Foil

Postby Don Lester » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:23 pm

I agree, the 2013 Rebel is the best jumping Rebel made and has hangtime to go along with it.......

piccio
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: rome
Favorite Beaches: sardinia cape town
Style: wave
Gear: religion 5 6 8
firewire 5 11 maquina 5.9

Postby piccio » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:52 pm

Hi, I have rebel 5 2012 6 7 2013 anyone tried new model and noted difference worth changing on this sizes?
unfortunately no wind since long time here ,worst summer ever yust surfing online!!!!!!

rtz
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 75kg
Favorite Beaches: OBX
SPI
Style: Freeride
Gear: SlingShot, Switch.

Postby rtz » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:26 am

The scoop on the 2014 Rebel: The low end of the 2012 and the high end of the 2013!

Return to “Kitesurfing”