Favorite Beaches: Neretva, Viganj, Croatia
Style: freeride
Gear: none
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

North Neo for begginer?

Postby goggydogg » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:41 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new in this sport and after two years of courses and renting it's time to buy my own equipment.
I have an offer for Neo '13 10m with North Gonzales 140 cm board.
I ride in shallow water with winds 15- 25 kts and weigh 90 Kg.
I see in description that Neo is for wawe riding, and as here is no waves, I wonder will this fit to me as a begginer.
I rode Rally Slinghot 10m and Nobile T5 and they were great.
Thanks in advance for any kind of advice.

Babel
Medium Poster

Re: North Neo for begginer?

Postby Babel » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:13 pm

Hi there!
The setup is perfect, as it is the same I initially had ;) I am 92kgs and started with the 2011 Neo 10m and the Gonzales in 143. The Neo is very forgiving and not as powerful as the other north kites. Lots of fun till today!

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:39 pm

Yes as mentioned the Neo is perfect for learning, we use Neos and Evos for teaching and both are great kites for beginners and also intermediates. Manufacturers tend not to label kites as "beginner" or "learner" kites these days as it can put people off buying them and affect resale value. The Neos are very stable and very easy to relaunch :thumb:

goggydogg
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Neretva, Croatia
Favorite Beaches: Neretva, Viganj, Croatia
Style: freeride
Gear: none

Postby goggydogg » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:44 pm

Thanks. And in terms of quality and durability, if you could choose; which one be your first choice; Rally or Neo?

Babel
Medium Poster

Postby Babel » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:55 pm

Well, I also fly Singshot RPM, but compared to the north quality I would go with the Neo. Set aside the fact, that RPM trailing edges tend to fail (dont know about Rally) I dont really like the adjuster on the SS bar. Especially if you are a beginner I think its a lot more complicated to pull the SS adjuster than the north adjuster.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:57 pm

I'm biased as I teach with North but in all honesty no difference between the 2, both will last as long as each other and both excellent build quality. I'd go for which ever you can get the best deal on and the best customer service :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”