Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

North sliding stopper wider than Naish sliding stopper?

Forum for kitesurfers
i96dansa
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

North sliding stopper wider than Naish sliding stopper?

Postby i96dansa » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:52 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm building a custom bar setup with my favorite parts from all kinds of brands.
I'm using a Naish chickenloop and trimline, an F-one monolith bar and a liquid force ceramic swivel. Should be the best bar ever..but! There's a but...

The naish sliding stopper (which is awsome on the naish bar) is too narrow to fully stop the f-one bar (which has a slightly bigger hole in than the naish bar). The bar will slide upwards too easily and won't stay put.

So, I need a stopper that is minimalistic in shape like the naish stopper but has a few millimeters more span to make the f-one bar stop/take a bigger load before sliding.

I've been looking around and the only one that looks small enough is the North stopper. So here's the question:

Could anyone with a North sliding stopper measure the distance from between the holes in the stopper so that I can compare to my Naish stopper.
If the distance is greater, than I'll get one of those from North to try on my new super-bar.

Thanks for any help (and looking forward to loads of bs comments which have no information in them at all).

/Daniel

i96dansa
Rare Poster

Re: North sliding stopper wider than Naish sliding stopper?

Postby i96dansa » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:08 am

come come...somebody must have a north stopper right?

i96dansa
Rare Poster

Postby i96dansa » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:15 am

You silent people you....
I've now purchased a lot of plastic (poly) and will manufacture a stopper myself.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:43 am

i96dansa wrote:You silent people you....
I've now purchased a lot of plastic (poly) and will manufacture a stopper myself.

LOL, good job!!! I have no idea about the North stopper, but I also agree it can't be that hard to just make something.

I had a suggestion of a mod to the Naish stopper...if you cut a tiny bit out on the side and hook a line to the depower line the effect would be a stopper that cannot be moved unless you pull the line.

I made this mod on another bar. I could see if I can find it somewhere.

Return to “Kitesurfing”