*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Blade Fat Lady
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:42 am 
Offline
Medium Poster

Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:47 pm
Posts: 95
Location: Australia
Thanks iblocal, @75kg at around 15 - I think I'd do better (d-winders) on a 12m but a FL would be great to have on those really light days, when no one else can go.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Blade Fat Lady
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:33 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:46 pm
Posts: 43
17m is a big kite to ride on a surfboard but if any kite is suited its definitely the FL, while its fast on the longest setting on the uni bar if you went up to a 55cm bar its very fast.
Drift wise yes it works well you can ride straight at it in 10 knots as long as you don't go too fast on a wave, its still the lightest LEI and sits in the air easily without having to turn it like the Trigger.

As a matter of fact i was standing on the beach the beach the other day in a light wind 1(10 knots) between when the wind was up and down, my friend who had a North rebel in a 12m and i had my 12m trigger. His kite would not stay in the air without movement, the trigger just sat there parked (this is on the powered up setting without any depower pulled on!) So then i said "check this then sucker!"
I unhooked and sat the kite at 45 while he continued to have to move the Rebel junk to keep it in the air, his jaw dropped and needless to say he is selling his norths for a Blade product now!


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Blade Fat Lady
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:28 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:32 am
Posts: 394
Location: http://www.urbansurf.com/
a big bar for surf and light conditions is a sweet option
it takes less effort to turn and you can definatly really crank it hard
without any canopy distortion or flutter at the wing tips
the fat lady is solid, with x-tra cow bell if ya need it


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Blade Fat Lady
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:20 am 
Online
Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:36 pm
Posts: 417
Tiago1973 wrote:
also really love the 1st fat lady gen

the thing while overpowered is that the LE distorce and flaps a bit, like a seagull... not sure if it is as it is due to the thinner LE+3 struts or just the stitching start getting old


Was going to post and ask if anyones had this problem, it happened whilst coming out of a kiteloop as the kite was completing the bottom turn and heading back up it started violently bending in the centre of the leading edge and bending away from me as opposed to towards. So more air is the answer... what psi do blade give for pumping the fat lady?

Also... anyone had probs self launching with it? Tried it the other day and initially as it started to roll over and take off i thought i had crossed the lines when rigging given it's behaviour and promptly released. On recovering and re-rigging i saw there were no crossed lines so went again and the same thing began to happen, this time i could see a bit clearer that the steering line attachment point was trying to tuck itself in through the bridle somehow... difficult to explain properly as i'm not entirely sure what was happening myself. Anyone else had this problem?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Blade Fat Lady
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:36 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:58 pm
Posts: 623
sijandy wrote:
Also... anyone had probs self launching with it? Tried it the other day and initially as it started to roll over and take off i thought i had crossed the lines when rigging given it's behaviour and promptly released. On recovering and re-rigging i saw there were no crossed lines so went again and the same thing began to happen, this time i could see a bit clearer that the steering line attachment point was trying to tuck itself in through the bridle somehow... difficult to explain properly as i'm not entirely sure what was happening myself. Anyone else had this problem?


guess something went stupid

Self launch it a lot and rarely make a mess out of it, it´s really a easy one


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Blade Fat Lady
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:50 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:30 pm
Posts: 36
Location: FaceBook.com/BladeKitesUS
Almost certain that your kite is underinflated . 2012 should be at 8 psi and 2013 at 10psi. That's pretty darn firm by feel.

sijandy wrote:
Tiago1973 wrote:
also really love the 1st fat lady gen

the thing while overpowered is that the LE distorce and flaps a bit, like a seagull... not sure if it is as it is due to the thinner LE+3 struts or just the stitching start getting old


Was going to post and ask if anyones had this problem, it happened whilst coming out of a kiteloop as the kite was completing the bottom turn and heading back up it started violently bending in the centre of the leading edge and bending away from me as opposed to towards. So more air is the answer... what psi do blade give for pumping the fat lady?

Also... anyone had probs self launching with it? Tried it the other day and initially as it started to roll over and take off i thought i had crossed the lines when rigging given it's behaviour and promptly released. On recovering and re-rigging i saw there were no crossed lines so went again and the same thing began to happen, this time i could see a bit clearer that the steering line attachment point was trying to tuck itself in through the bridle somehow... difficult to explain properly as i'm not entirely sure what was happening myself. Anyone else had this problem?


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Blade Fat Lady
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:53 am 
Online
Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:36 pm
Posts: 417
BladeKitesUS wrote:
Almost certain that your kite is underinflated . 2012 should be at 8 psi and 2013 at 10psi. That's pretty darn firm by feel.


thanks.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Blade Fat Lady
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:20 am 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:00 am
Posts: 1
To get the Fat Lady really pumped I would definitely use the Blade pump. I have a lot of pumps (comes from buying lots of kites) and when I use some of my other pumps (Cabrinha, Airush to name a couple) I can get the Fat Lady quite firm but I can't get that last 1-2 knots PSI that will make it really firm, the air just leaks out the end of the nozzle as I pump (you can hear it).

Had my V2 Fat Lady for about 3 weeks now and it out 4 times already - loving it. Took me a couple of sessions to get my jumps dialed in but it is very fun as everybody says.

Had it out in 7 knots with a big light wind board (Shinn King George) and could hold a line but not go up wind. Might be different with something other than a twin tip. Was fine to go up wind from 8 knots but not much fun, ok if you just like going back and forth I guess.

From 10 knots this thing is awesome on a regular twin tip. Had it out in 15 knots and didn't need to pull any depower, at 18 knots I had to pull about 3/4 depower so the range is pretty good too.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Blade Fat Lady
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:50 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:09 pm
Posts: 1
Here is a link to picture of the Blade Fat Lady 3rd gen.
A real beauty and just as great as the 2nd gen.

http://instagram.com/p/qZ7hYXBgJp/


Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 247.32 KIB | Viewed 207 times ]
Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Manuel V, Peter_Frank, Séb and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group