Local Beach: rhyl, kinmel bay
Gear: bandit dos 7 & 10
f one fluid bi directional and f one omni direction board
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

bandit dos line lengths

Postby el bandito » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:11 pm

hi all, having BIG problems with my bandits since i snapped a back line....the new lines were longer than the old but this added up to the length of the leader on the bar...so skipped this out and had no end of flying problems since! i read somewhere that the difference in length between the front and rear lines should be 3 mtrs, mine measure 2.2 mtrs. now i'm no expert but could the front lines possibly stretch 80cm and if so would it fly at all??? or am i missing something in the measuring? i'm literally staking the bar into the sand on full power and stretching the lines out together to measure the difference between front and rear when their ends are together! SO what should be the difference in line lengths please? its beginning to get life threatening out there!

southflorida
Medium Poster
Style: flat water, go fast, practice tricks

Re: bandit dos line lengths

Postby southflorida » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:19 pm

I may have been the one that said 3 meter difference between front and rear lines, but that was an estimate, not intended to be a real measure. Also, that referred to a 2011 Naish Universal bar. Naish makes other bars that may have more or less length between power and steering lines, and other brands all may have different lengths between power and steering lines. It depends on where the Y is, if there is a swivel or not, and the emergency flagging method the bar uses. You must assume it is different from brand to brand.

Use your old lines and bar as a starting point for making new lines. If your bar is like most, all 4 lines ends will be at the same distance from the bar when fully sheeted in (and no depower is engaged). The leader lines and where the Y is will dictate how long the new lines need to be. Some brands run long leader lines off the bar, allowing all four lines to be same length.

el bandito
Rare Poster

Postby el bandito » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:38 pm

thanks for the reply, the new back lines are the same length from the bar as the originals but wasn't sure if the front lines had stretched! on re measuring on full power and with the bar pulled back to the chicken loop this time its only 25 cm out of your 3mtr guesstimate. new lines are quoted as friont 24mtrs, top power 9 mtrs and bottom power 12mtrs! i suppose this leaves a three mtr difference?

el bandito
Rare Poster

Postby el bandito » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:00 pm

ok southflorida i think i know where you're coming from now! all the lines from the bar to the leading edge and the back of the kite need to be the same length when fully powered and the bar pulled back to the chicken loop!!! right? ..........back to the beach.

sharky79
Medium Poster
Gear: cabrinha

Postby sharky79 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:23 am

Best solution is to buy a newer Bandit model :D
Seriously, The Bandit advanced sooooo much since the Dos.

I would recommend writing an email to F.one, surely they will give you the answer you are looking for.

el_guestos
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa
Brand Affiliation: Owner of Kite School in Tarifa

Postby el_guestos » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:57 am

Could you lay the kite out and measure the difference between the front and rear bridles, that should give you the difference between the front and back lines? Let me know if you haven't solved this as I had a friend who had a Bandit dos so I can ask her.

el bandito
Rare Poster

Postby el bandito » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:10 pm

yea i did email f one but no reply as of yet, about to measure the bridal difference that should do it..thanks for all your help! oh, and as for buying the new bandit i would but im skint and they' re soooo expensive.

brucejtile
Rare Poster

Postby brucejtile » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:43 am

Hi el bandito ,
B Dos Line lengths are as follows .
Kites 4.5 through 16m : Back Lines 24m , Bottom Front ( two sections ) 11m , top front 10m.
Hope this helps .
Bruce

el bandito
Rare Poster

Postby el bandito » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:13 pm

Thanks Bruce, there is a 3 mtr difference then! So would that be on full power with the bar pulled right back ( sheet in)? Or pushed forward( sheet out)?

Return to “Kitesurfing”