Millera74
Rare Poster
Gear: Ozone & North
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scoprega Bravo BST Rechargeable Kite Pump

Postby Millera74 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:53 am

For those interested, just bought one of these kite pumps from WindChaser Sports, and they're killer!!! All digital, comes with a leash to hook to your kite, press start, and walk away to get your lines out. Before you're even done walking your lines out, the kite is fully inflated sitting there waiting for you. Really speeds up your setup time.....nice when you want to kite on your lunch break :)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZwJ9_mIydk
Attachments
Slide1.jpg

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:57 pm

Seamax also sells these without some of the bells and whistles

I purchased this same pump but without the built in battery and the kite leash (rope with a hook) for $135 and purchased my own battery for $25.
The battery is the first thing to wear out in most cases so figured it would be better not to have it built in like the one mentioned above.
The pump works great with most kites, but kites which have the tiny ball in the valve pump up slower
I actually removed the ball and that has fixed that problem

Here's a link to the Canadian online shop
http://seamaxboat.com/shop/article_B80D ... 0D_Kite%26

diogovilla
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Praia do Coqueiro - Piaui - Brazil

Postby diogovilla » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:07 pm

Laughingman wrote:Seamax also sells these without some of the bells and whistles

I purchased this same pump but without the built in battery and the kite leash (rope with a hook) for $135 and purchased my own battery for $25.
The battery is the first thing to wear out in most cases so figured it would be better not to have it built in like the one mentioned above.
The pump works great with most kites, but kites which have the tiny ball in the valve pump up slower
I actually removed the ball and that has fixed that problem

Here's a link to the Canadian online shop
http://seamaxboat.com/shop/article_B80D ... 0D_Kite%26
This pump with LIPO batteries, in my opinion, is the killer setup! I wouldn't use the Bravo's original sealed battery anyway. Thanks for sharing.

Xtream
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Brant Beach LBI
Style: Old School
Gear: Slingshot Machine 12M & 9M
Airush Ultra 17
Nomad Ultrawave
Rogue Wave 132
Rogue Wave Fat Bastard
Brand Affiliation: No Brand Affiliation

Postby Xtream » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:46 pm

Where does the battery go if you purchase the one without the battery, can it fit inside the unit?

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board

Postby Laughingman » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:12 pm

Xtreme: It comes with a carry bag which has a compartment for the battery. It fits a 10 amph battery snug, but I prefer my 7amph battery since it fits better and is lighter and it still last two days of kiting pumping up kites for two people. I figure I can pump between 6 - 8 kites depending on sizes on one charge to a pressure of 8 psi.

diogovilla: Your welcome, fyi someone posted a link to a LIPO battery that would work well with this on another thread. I think they wanted $99, which is about the best price I have seen for a 7amph LIPO

diogovilla
Medium Poster

Postby diogovilla » Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:27 pm

Laughingman wrote:Xtreme: It comes with a carry bag which has a compartment for the battery. It fits a 10 amph battery snug, but I prefer my 7amph battery since it fits better and is lighter and it still last two days of kiting pumping up kites for two people. I figure I can pump between 6 - 8 kites depending on sizes on one charge to a pressure of 8 psi.

diogovilla: Your welcome, fyi someone posted a link to a LIPO battery that would work well with this on another thread. I think they wanted $99, which is about the best price I have seen for a 7amph LIPO
This is a link for a 8.4 amph LIPO batterie for $64:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 2878_.html

Laughingman, do you know how much your pump weights?
Would you also know about the output (l/min) of each phase (turbine and piston)?

Tks

Xtream
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Brant Beach LBI
Style: Old School
Gear: Slingshot Machine 12M & 9M
Airush Ultra 17
Nomad Ultrawave
Rogue Wave 132
Rogue Wave Fat Bastard
Brand Affiliation: No Brand Affiliation

Postby Xtream » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:19 pm

diogovilla,

That battery is not a 12V will it still work?

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Laughingman » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:50 pm

diogovilla wrote:
Laughingman wrote:Xtreme: It comes with a carry bag which has a compartment for the battery. It fits a 10 amph battery snug, but I prefer my 7amph battery since it fits better and is lighter and it still last two days of kiting pumping up kites for two people. I figure I can pump between 6 - 8 kites depending on sizes on one charge to a pressure of 8 psi.

Would you also know about the output (l/min) of each phase (turbine and piston)?

Tks
The pump in the bag is 5lbs and 10 1/4 lbs with my 7amph battery.

I don't know individual output for each phase but the label says the Max output is 500L/min, I would imagine that is on the turbine side.

It pumps my 13m kite faster then I can unwind and clear my lines.

diogovilla
Medium Poster

Postby diogovilla » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:05 pm

Laughingman wrote:
diogovilla wrote:

Tks
The pump in the bag is 5lbs and 10 1/4 lbs with my 7amph battery.

I don't know individual output for each phase but the label says the Max output is 500L/min, I would imagine that is on the turbine side.

It pumps my 13m kite faster then I can unwind and clear my lines.
Fantastic! This pump with a LIPO batterie will weight less than 3 kg. This output (500L/Min) is even better than the Bravo's, wich is 450L/Min in the first phase.

diogovilla
Medium Poster

Postby diogovilla » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:07 pm

Xtream wrote:diogovilla,

That battery is not a 12V will it still work?
I've been told that it will work by another forum user (hmattar).

Return to “Kitesurfing”