Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Waist harness that does not slide up, suggestions ?

Forum for kitesurfers
JGTR
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Waist harness that does not slide up, suggestions ?

Postby JGTR » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:20 pm

Laughingman wrote:Actually it is true. They do all ride up, except Engine harness. This harness does not ride up because the back support is custom fit to your back. It is imposible for it to move because of the perfect fit and rigid back support. Check it out!
https://shop.ride-engine.com/
I'm sure it is a good fit but I very much doubt that it is "impossible" for it to move, your body expands, moves and contracts so any harness needs to have a certain amount of give which will mean that any harness will have the potential to move.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:34 pm

JGTR, it is an amazing fit, it is custom molded to your body. Provided you put it on correctly (it only fits in the same spot as the mold was made and you snug it up properly it is actually impossible for it to ride up. Also since the back is rigid, it does not squeeze in on the sides so it never deforms...
I honestly cannot say enough about these harnesses. I will never buy an over the counter harness again. Heck, I may not have to ever buy another harness....

knotwindy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: baja, gorge
Style: erratic to none
Gear: yes, I use gear
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby knotwindy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:44 pm

i've been riding an ENGINE harness for about 3 months now, maybe 50+ days, and they do not move if you ride with a slide bar or a rope. Not they do't move much, they don't move. even boosting big, no movement. and in the waves and swell, amazing freedom of movement. you actually forget you have a harness on, whether in a wetsuit or bare skin. best harness ever, IMO. YMMV

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:09 am

Well I have never had a custom engine harness and would like one one day for sure.

But I have tried many different types of waist harnesses over the years and honestly they all ride up a little, some a lot.

In the waves I just use a standard waist as I'm not jumping a great deal and keep the kite low. Allows me to pivot the waist harness on the toes. Don't go for the sliding hook thingy, had one, it broke can't be fagged having more complicated gear.

But I use a waist harness with a seat. Best of both world worlds if it is boost and freeride time. Flying object. Large back, real comfy. Had one for 5 years now onto my second one. Love it.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:23 am

Was using North and now Mystic, neither ride up :thumb:

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:43 am

Glad ya found one man I'm yet to. Eventually if you are boosting and doing some freestyle they ride up as far as I've found. Just surfing yeh I can keep mine down.

Thing is I use a waist in the surf, but when boosting not only do I want to keep it down I want to spread the load across my back, torso and legs. On a waist I have found on real big sessions the stomach muscles can ping a little a sign of wear and tear. Last summer we got 18 days in a row and I had a suspected hernia, but luckily wasn't that serious. With the waist with a seat I can jump all day and all week long.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:17 pm

Westozzy wrote:Glad ya found one man I'm yet to. Eventually if you are boosting and doing some freestyle they ride up as far as I've found. Just surfing yeh I can keep mine down.

Thing is I use a waist in the surf, but when boosting not only do I want to keep it down I want to spread the load across my back, torso and legs. On a waist I have found on real big sessions the stomach muscles can ping a little a sign of wear and tear. Last summer we got 18 days in a row and I had a suspected hernia, but luckily wasn't that serious. With the waist with a seat I can jump all day and all week long.
Boosting/kiteloop is pretty much all I do, we don't have surf

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:51 am

Again awesome you have found a harness or two that doesn't ride up, never come across one myself even when I went a size smaller than normal. Suppose you gotta keep looking until you do.

Basically I'm just offering the 3rd alternative to a waist versus a seat. The seats sit way to low for me and bite into my hips, never liked them. And the waists wouldnt stay where I wanted them and just a tad too high even when starting out a session. Find the wasit seat puts that hook between teh two and just where I want it.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:35 am

Massive wedgies are my problems with seat harnesses. And waists ride up into my armpits when I fall over . . . might just be my shape though :(

mike dubs
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: southend, whitstable, camber
Favorite Beaches: west end of camber sands
Style: Surf
Gear: FireWire, BWS drifter, nobble skim board, 12/9/7 bandit 5's

Postby mike dubs » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:34 am

I am on my 2nd engine harness (first one was stolen) and been using them since January, They don't move and feel great, transfer the power better than a soft harness and would never go back.

had to ride my old harness for 6 weeks while my 2nd one was being made and hated it.

Look at the list of pro's paying to use them from Hadlow and Light in the TT world to Alldredge and rebstock in the surfboard world and a host of others.

Invest in one, you won't regret it.

mike

Return to “Kitesurfing”