*


All times are UTC + 1 hour



Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: North Dyno 2013 17m, please review?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:54 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:41 pm
Posts: 11
davesails7 wrote:
oliver011 wrote:
The new Dyno 2013 does not bring pulleys and have to put 5 line bar, it is possible to put 4 line bar sif i put pulleys as the 2012...?


You probably don't want to mess with the bridles.

The leading edge is not supported by the 5th line on the 2013 Dyno, so (from what I've heard) you don't NEED a 5th line, but the safety system on North's 4 line bar will not flag the kite correctly if you release to the leash. You can use a 4-line bar from another company as long as it flags out to a single frontline (Ozone, 2014 Cabrinha bars that just came out, 2013 Best Bar, Slingshot, Liquid Force...)

If you want a kite similar to the 2013 Dyno with pullies in the bridle, I am selling my Dyno LTD, PM me.


I asked north kiteboarding international about riding Dyno 2013 in 4 or 5 lines and this is what I have answered...

North Kiteboarding International

hi oliver, you can ride the dyno with 4 or 5lines, you don´t have to put pulleys on the kite. you have 2 connection points on the kite, 4 and 5 line. all the best, nkb team


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: North Dyno 2013 17m, please review?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:37 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 12:50 pm
Posts: 822
Location: Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
... hey Oliver,

the front pigtails have 2 knots on them, same as the 2011 and 2012 Dyno's front bridles. If you ride with a 4 line bar they say you attach the lines on the knot further up, and when using 5 line bar, use the end knot. It has something to do with the different height of the Y point on 5 or 4 line bars making the trim slightly out if you use the 'other' setting.

Plus, I believe with the non pully bridle of the 2013 Dyno, getting the kite to relauch in light winds is more difficult without a 5th line so its recommended to use the 5 line bar for safety, even though you 'can' ride it on a 4 line bar.

cheers,

Robbie :D


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: North Dyno 2013 17m, please review?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:12 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:41 pm
Posts: 11
Puetz wrote:
... hey Oliver,

the front pigtails have 2 knots on them, same as the 2011 and 2012 Dyno's front bridles. If you ride with a 4 line bar they say you attach the lines on the knot further up, and when using 5 line bar, use the end knot. It has something to do with the different height of the Y point on 5 or 4 line bars making the trim slightly out if you use the 'other' setting.

Plus, I believe with the non pully bridle of the 2013 Dyno, getting the kite to relauch in light winds is more difficult without a 5th line so its recommended to use the 5 line bar for safety, even though you 'can' ride it on a 4 line bar.

cheers,

Robbie :D


Thanks for the clarification but I've been kitesurf since 2001 not think it's more difficult for a Wipika frreair, ar5, arx, rhino 1,X2, etc..... old kite that time, the evolution of the new kites is all much easier is other thing is that there are only 10 knots. I asked INTERNATIONAL NORTH and they said no problems with 4 lines ...


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: North Dyno 2013 17m, please review?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:37 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:36 pm
Posts: 1081
oliver011 wrote:
I asked INTERNATIONAL NORTH and they said no problems with 4 lines ...


What bar will you be using? Relaunch with 4 lines probably isn't a problem, but flagging/leashing to 2 front lines like on the North 4-line bar won't work. Needs to leash to a single front line.

North has said on the forum:
Dan-at-North wrote:
Dyno can be flown 4-line, but not on a North bar (Dyno 5th line is for safety and relaunch).


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: North Dyno 2013 17m, please review?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:24 am 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:41 pm
Posts: 11
davesails7 wrote:
oliver011 wrote:
I asked INTERNATIONAL NORTH and they said no problems with 4 lines ...


What bar will you be using? Relaunch with 4 lines probably isn't a problem, but flagging/leashing to 2 front lines like on the North 4-line bar won't work. Needs to leash to a single front line.

North has said on the forum:
Dan-at-North wrote:
Dyno can be flown 4-line, but not on a North bar (Dyno 5th line is for safety and relaunch).


I use the North Quad control 2013 in FUSE 7 / 10 and Dyno 13 all 2012..... and is perfec.....


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: North Dyno 2013 17m, please review?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:05 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:36 pm
Posts: 1081
oliver011 wrote:
I use the North Quad control 2013 in FUSE 7 / 10 and Dyno 13 all 2012..... and is perfec.....


Yeah, that's the point though. The 2013 Dyno (unlike the 2012 Dyno) won't flag out correctly on the North 4 line bar. It needs a bar that flags out to a single front line.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: North Dyno 2013 17m, please review?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:14 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:41 pm
Posts: 11
davesails7 wrote:
oliver011 wrote:
I use the North Quad control 2013 in FUSE 7 / 10 and Dyno 13 all 2012..... and is perfec.....


Yeah, that's the point though. The 2013 Dyno (unlike the 2012 Dyno) won't flag out correctly on the North 4 line bar. It needs a bar that flags out to a single front line.


I ask to

North Kiteboarding International

hi oliver, you can ride the dyno with 4 or 5lines, you don´t have to put pulleys on the kite. you have 2 connection points on the kite, 4 and 5 line. all the best, nkb team


Do not understand how I get this response north kiteboarding anyway if I try to have the Dyno 2013 with 4 lines like north kiteboarding has told me I'll see how it works myself.


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: North Dyno 2013 17m, please review?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:27 pm 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:36 pm
Posts: 1081
oliver011 wrote:
Do not understand how I get this response north kiteboarding anyway if I try to have the Dyno 2013 with 4 lines like north kiteboarding has told me I'll see how it works myself.


I don't understand how you got this response either since even on the North website on the page for the Dyno it says "We have removed all the pulleys from the bridle...This does mean the new Dyno has to be flown on the 5th Element bar system to guarantee 100% safety." Also, North has said on this forum that the 2013 Dyno shouldn't be flown on the North 4-line bar, only 4 line bars that leash to a single front line. Seems like the person who sent your email didn't understand the question or left out a piece of information.

You can just go for it if you want, but I'd check with North first if I were you. With these big kites you can get overpowered really quickly.

You don't want to be out on your $2000+ brand new Dyno, wind picks up to 20+ knots, you go in to the beach pull the safety, kite doesn't flag out. Then its pulling you down the beach by the leash and you have to release the leash and let your expensive new kite fly into the trees? Wouldn't be a very good day...


Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: North Dyno 2013 17m, please review?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:52 pm 
Offline
Rare Poster

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:41 pm
Posts: 11
davesails7 wrote:
oliver011 wrote:
Do not understand how I get this response north kiteboarding anyway if I try to have the Dyno 2013 with 4 lines like north kiteboarding has told me I'll see how it works myself.


I don't understand how you got this response either since even on the North website on the page for the Dyno it says "We have removed all the pulleys from the bridle...This does mean the new Dyno has to be flown on the 5th Element bar system to guarantee 100% safety." Also, North has said on this forum that the 2013 Dyno shouldn't be flown on the North 4-line bar, only 4 line bars that leash to a single front line. Seems like the person who sent your email didn't understand the question or left out a piece of information.

You can just go for it if you want, but I'd check with North first if I were you. With these big kites you can get overpowered really quickly.

You don't want to be out on your $2000+ brand new Dyno, wind picks up to 20+ knots, you go in to the beach pull the safety, kite doesn't flag out. Then its pulling you down the beach by the leash and you have to release the leash and let your expensive new kite fly into the trees? Wouldn't be a very good day...


Attachments:
2013-09-08 23.48.53.jpg
2013-09-08 23.48.53.jpg [ 3.57 MIB | Viewed 596 times ]
Top
Profile
 Post subject: Re: North Dyno 2013 17m, please review?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:16 am 
Offline
Very Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:36 pm
Posts: 1081
Haha, I think you misunderstood me. I'm not doubting that you got that response from North or that you are making it up. I'm thinking the person from North that wrote the response may not be correct or may be leaving out some information considering it conflict with what they say on their website and what they have stated in the past.


Top
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Hugh2, ktouhey, lollypop, oldkiter and 32 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group