Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Flysurfer cronix

Forum for kitesurfers
alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: foils and foils

Re: Flysurfer cronix

Postby alexrider » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:24 pm

14ToeSide wrote:Holy Smokes! Scarred for life w that Last Pic.
:lol:
Politically correct riders are not supposed to discriminate against any colour of the LGBT rainbow ;-)
Furthermore, it was about time PMU :dumbo: was unmasked.

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:13 pm

That was more Unmasking than I needed to see!!! :desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :desperado: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday: :happybirthday:

The Captain
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby The Captain » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:33 am

alexrider wrote:
Ted B wrote:hey PMU :dumbo:
you have an extra pump? I suddenly need 1 now... Thanks
PMU is using his. If only he knew the Cronix pump was double action...:jump:

Yeah, dude, that was just wrong...

Armin Harich
Frequent Poster

Postby Armin Harich » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:44 pm

Hello Guys.

Sorry, for the delay. Here are all answers:
One question that you did not reply yet (asked by Toby) and that I am also very interesting to know the answer is : Do you plan to produce some day a dedicated race kite? Something comparable to an Elf sub zero or Paraavis for example or even a LEI race kite?
We have prototypes and test them. That is all, we can tell you right now. We develop in multiple directions.

If I want to buy a set of cronix (e.g. 6, 8, 10, 12) - do I have to buy 4 bars? I need max. 2 bars.
The Cronix is now also available “Kite-Only”
Will there be a possibility for a FDS-Upgrade for the Speed4 in 8/10? Or will the later Speed4 in smaller sizes be delivered with FDS?
Thank You
Unfortunately not. We tested the FDS safety on the small SPEED4 and it didn’t work better then our FLS safety. We need to do some testing and tuning, to find a way to get this working on the bigger SPEED4.
What will be the best 3-Kite Solution on 80 kg with Speed 4? 8 - 12 - 18?
Yes for that weight that is the best 3-kite solution. For a 3 kite quiver, we recommend, to always skip one size. That is also how the size range is designed.
Do you have any interest in developing a single skin foil similar to the Ozone XXLite? Do you have any experiences with any of your existing foils flying with a top skin only? Have you ever experimented with a single skin kite with ram air leading edge and struts instead of the traditional high pressure inflated leading edge and struts?
Yes, we have a lot of experience and knowledge about top skin kites already. You will be surprised ;-)
I also would be interested in this if I could get 21m Speed3 low-wind performance or better at a greatly reduced price than a 21m while only sacrificing water relaunchability. It is extremely rare for my lightwind kite to touch the water.
We too. We make tests, to see what is possible. But there is nothing that comes close to the SPEED 21.0 for power and easy of use from what we have tested until now.
Any news on the Speed4 15m Normal/DLX colour schemes and when we can pre-order?
We will inform everyone, as soon as we start to take preorders. I think, in the future we need to start talking only, when we are finished with the kite and ready to start production. That will make it easier for everyone.
I had the chance to fly the Cronix 12m for a short period of time (although in the lower wind range ~4bft). While I generally liked it quite a bit, I had two things that bothered me.

1. When you turn it as fast as possible (or the kite in general flies quickly), the canopy starts to flap about and the kite loses a bit more power than comfortable.

2. I come from the Speed3/4 side and noticed that when you fly in lower winds and need to wave the kite up and down, the pull generated on the up stroke is neglible compared to the downwards motion.

Didn't this bother you when flying/designing this kite?
1. A kite start to propeller as soon as the outside wing generates more lift as the inside wing. If you want tight turns, the outside wing needs to depower as much as possible. If it starts to flap, you get even tighter turns.
As long as no one finds a better solution to reduce the lift from the outside wing, we have to live with the flapping or we have wider turning kites.

2. If you fly a kite up, it needs to carry its weight. That will slow it down and generate less lift. We can use lighter fabrics, to reduce that effect a lot. But that will increase the prices and reduce the bomb prove construction.

To find and develop ways around these compromises is what we love. But that is not easy.
Are you going to confirm PMU as FS Marketing Chief Executive for one more year ?
I don´t understand your question. He is already the FS-Marketing Chief Executive. Oh Sorry, I should not let you know these secrets ;-).
what about the "skycarver" project?
what was the skycarver about?
We increased our R&D Team 2 month ago, to be able to keep that great project running. It will bring the advantages of a kite (super stable even at full speed, can pull you uphill, etc) together with those of a paraglider (let you fly safely, etc).
will there be a dedicated race kite from Flysurfer? if yes is it going to be a ram air foil or hybrid like the cronix?
We work on different high performance concepts. But it will take at least until the next IKA registration date next april to see if and when we can bring such a product to the market.
I noticed that all of my Flysurfer kites use stiched splices. Why is that? I have used a lock(brummel) splice for my custom FDS kits, and it works fine.
Are the stitched splices made in a machine and no machine exists for lock splices?
That is the cleanest way, to do it. It needs to be done by hand, as there is no machine for doing it. To sew the splice, you can use a sewing machine. In the past also glue was used, but further testing showed that sewing is safer.
Here's one for you then, why is it my kite flys to one side then?
From new it flew straight then slow over time it seem to drifted from left to right.
Lines are all equal in length and the mixers is set on b+1cm and c+2cm to make the kite stable otherwise the kite becomes almost unflyable?
Please check the manual: http://www.flysurfer.com/download/9883/
Here you can find our Facebook Mixer App, for better understanding: https://www.facebook.com/flysurferkiteb ... 3717029276

I short words:
If you extend the B-main and C-main Lines, the wing gets less stable. You can shorten C-main up to 6cm and B-main 1/2 of C = up to 3cm. That will make the wing more stable stable.
If you shorten the mixer at the left side of the bridle, the left side will become more stable and slower flying when depowered. That will allow you to adjust it to fly straight.
Flysplit Board - Two sizes. It looks like the smaller one is based on the Radical4 M (134 x 40) - correct? What is the size of the larger board? Weights?
Any release dates yet for the S4 in the larger sizes?
The FlySplit M is based on the Radical4 and its size is 134x41cm.
The FlySplit L is based on the Flydoor4 and its size is 160x44cm

Weight of the boards is very similar. Final weight specifications will be publishes, as soon as we have measured the serial production.
Razor Board: Sounds great. I can't wait!

But, will the price will be more in line with with your Flywave or competitive with other fun lightwind surfboards like these?
We are still in negotiation with different suppliers, when we have more information and details, we will certain spread the news through our media-channels.
Is it possible to buy from Flysurfer new, complete (assembled) bridles system with abcz mixer for 2 years used Speed 3 dlx and what would be the price without the bar and and flying lines? I meant all lines from small connectors on the kite to mixer and on to small metal conectors.
I ask these because on my kite all lines differ a lot in lenghts from line plan datas and lost a lot of depower. I have had a bit les than 1200 hours of action on that kite.
Ok, one more question.
Is it possible to make these new lines suitable only for kite racing and not only for overall performance? I don’t care about jumping etc because I use it only with racing board.
Maybe it can become an aftermarket option to take maximum upwind and downwind from that machine.
Thanks
1200hours is really a lot. As bridles and canopy age quite similar, i would save the money and go on riding it. As also with new kites, don´t paraglide with it. All FS lines and spareparts can be bought separately from our FS sales partners worldwide, or through our online-shop – http://shop.flysurfer.com. Pricing and further details can be found there as well. If you have very special orders, just call our office.

For the moment we have decided to not produce a specific race-bridle. But we have it in test.

Thank you, Armin

don pitcher
Frequent Poster

Postby don pitcher » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:16 am

Thanks Armin!

If you don't put FDS on Speed4, could you at least have attachment points for FDS like Speed3 had? The Powerzonekitesports.com FDS kit worked good on Speed3. It would be nice to have that option on Speed4 even if Flysurfer decides not to offer FDS.

Ted B
Frequent Poster

Postby Ted B » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:31 pm

2 of the Top magazines voted the FLYSURFER Chronix most innovative kite of 2013 surf expo!!!!! Now its your turn check one out today!!!!!!!!

alexrider
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: foils and foils

Postby alexrider » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:36 pm

The Cronix is a Test Tube. :naughty:
Waiting for my baby. :baby:

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:29 pm

I have the 12 M and it has the Juice of a 13-14. Great kite!

airsurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf and hydrofoil big air and kiteloops
Gear: Ozone,Firewire, Moses, Zeeko,Levitaz, NP, ION

Postby airsurfer » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:07 am

Anyone riding this kite? I'm seriously looking for an altenative 10m kite to ozone c4 and RPM that loops strong and smooth like a c kite but still has good low end power and wind range.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:05 am

airsurfer wrote:Anyone riding this kite? I'm seriously looking for an altenative 10m kite to ozone c4 and RPM that loops strong and smooth like a c kite but still has good low end power and wind range.

Well you tried the park? Ticks all those boxes.

Return to “Kitesurfing”