All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cabrinha Signature 5'10" - reviews, feedback please :)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:29 pm 
Rare Poster

I am about to buy this board from 2012 and it's not possible to test it - will be very happy to hear some pros and cons from real users.
Appreciate it :)

{ SHARE_ON_FACEBOOK } { SHARE_ON_TWITTER } { SHARE_ON_ORKUT } { SHARE_ON_DIGG } { SHARE_ON_MYSPACE } { SHARE_ON_DELICIOUS }
 Post subject: Re: Cabrinha Signature 5'10" - reviews, feedback please :)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:44 am 
Medium Poster

I would do it. I have a 2012 S-Quad 5'7" & a 2012 Trigger 5'8" and THEY RULE. I've ridden 10 different brands of boards & have been kiting waves for over a decade. I let all my buddies ride my Quad & they loved it too. I think the Sig is like the Trigger. Although I have not ridden the signature, but based off the other two, I would say do it as Cabrinha sure knows what they're doing when it comes to wave boards.

Mine are very durable, great shapes, very responsive, quick. I think the signature is polyester whereas the Quad & Trigger are epoxy. Could be wrong. Based off that the Sig might not be as durable, but I could be wrong.

They know how to make wave boards, no doubt.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:53 am 
Very Frequent Poster

Hi.
I use one and can say this.
The board rips it up in the surf. It likes to be ridden in the pocket as it is a pure surf shape.
It is fragile as it is a PU build. I reinforced the front foot deck area with a sheet of carbon and glass.This has saved it from heel pressure dents. Ride it "lightly ", that is without brute kite power.
Nico

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:59 am 
Rare Poster

10x guys - I was expecting nice feedback as shape is super good. My only concerns are the quad fin set as I am used to the thruster and strenght of the board as it looks realy fragile and though I am about 75kg my ride is agressive, always way powered and includes some jumps landed in the flats. I am not afraid of dents as long as they don't affect the bottom surface and the planning - just don't want to brake it on my second day you know...
But it's like that I suppose - if you want a nice light board with good feeling you will have to sacrifice some or all of the durability.
Here is the board though:
http://www.cabrinhakites.com/2012/pete- ... ature.html

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:12 am 
Frequent Poster

The Signature is the same shape as the 5'10 S quad just a lighter more responsive construction. The 2014 has carbon under the front foot and bamboo under the back foot.

Looks great and I want one.

mike

[ 5 posts ]