Forum for kitesurfers
john a
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freestyle, airstyle, freeride, snowkite
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight

Naish Park 2014

Postby john a » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:07 pm

Any reviews on Park 2014? Looks nice with no pully! How is it unhooked, what about the slack?

vannibombonato
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Naish Park 2014

Postby vannibombonato » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:22 pm

john a wrote:Any reviews on Park 2014? Looks nice with no pully! How is it unhooked, what about the slack?
+1.

I'm in for a kite that allows me for a mix of wave, which i'm just starting, and freeride (boosting and hang-time being what i look for). North Dice is the other alternative.

I know the two things are quite mutually exclusively, and obviously willing to accept compromises.

Any input?

madmax7
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Belmont, Nicholas Canyon, Lake Isabella, Sherman Island
Favorite Beaches: Cabarette, Margarita, Maui
Gear: Naish Kites, North Boards
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby madmax7 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:07 pm

I just got a 9 m park

Don't know when I'll get to try though. Season wrapping up in so Cal

My have to wait till my Costa Rica trip in Jan

Max

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:48 pm

Its very very nice.

Super stable in ultra gusty spots. I have not tried it unhooked, but loving it for wave riding...its fast and solid. There are a few notable differences. The way it loops and especially how it completes the loops. Very very predictable and with more power. Turns faster with even pull.
I have yet to ride it on a TT..there wasn't enough wind...but the nuclear gusts was easily absorbed.

xray
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Mauritius
Style: Freeride/wave
Gear: Pivot 5-8

Postby xray » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:56 pm

I've ridden most of the Parks but disliked them on one aspect. I found them to be unpredictable in their turns. At the end of a turn when waveriding it would have first almost no power and than a sudden powerspike which would pull me of the rail. Something you can get used to but not naturally. There are way more linear and predictable kites in this aspect. The 2014 seems to have overcome this, let's see..

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:34 pm

xray wrote:There are way more linear and predictable kites in this aspect. The 2014 seems to have overcome this, let's see..
I think they have, but I have not ridden it unhooked. That said, I've also liked the previous versions of the kite.

niknas
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Local Beach: Da Gorge, Los Barriles
Gear: Duotone, North, North Pacific, Lift Foil.

Postby niknas » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:57 am

I picked up my 2014 Parks a little over a week ago (7m, 9m, 12m). I have been riding Parks beginning 2011 and loved every one of them. I ride only directionals, both straps and strap-less.

I found the 9m and 7m a joy to ride right out of the bag. The 12m needs to be pumped up very hard or it will flutter on the tailing edge when running hard upwind. All of the kites are strong and pull smooth, and turn fast. I live and play in da Gorge so I had a chance to ride all three kites in a weeks time. The 7m has incredible range, I love 7m with the 20m line, wouldn't bother with the 24s. The 9m is golden (my money kite), the 12m, well it is a big kite, it pulls and pulls again. I don't ride a 12m much. If you drive it hard it will work great, fast turning and drifts as long you want to ride it downwind, it just won't fall out of the sky. Just make sure you pump it up hard.

Didn't really get a chance to relaunch, but I never found Parks hard to relaunch.

As I said I live and play in the Hood River area. Home of gusty, strong winds with fast swells. The Parks are right at home here. Sucking up the gusts and making lemonade out of them. If I sound like a pimp, sorry, I pay retail for my kites and have the choice of several great brands here. I have demoed most the major brands and I like them all. BUT I love the Parks.

Cheers,
Nik

b-kite
Rare Poster

Postby b-kite » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:52 am

What about the new bar? I heard that it has a softer, more comfortable grip. Also, the bar doesn't come with a sliding stopper. Is this true? That would suck without having a sliding stopper.

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Postby PAFF » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:32 am

I want them....

kiteiwi
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Leighton Beach Western Australia
Favorite Beaches: Augusta WA
Safety Bay WA
Wedge WA
Leighton WA
Style: Freeride
Gear: 2009 12m Naish Cult
2010 9m Naish Helix
Been thanked: 0

Postby kiteiwi » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:19 pm

Xray it took me a bit to get the knack of drifting the park when riding waves but once you've got it it's sweet. Powered turns haven't been an issue for me.

I had a short ride on a demo 2014 and was happy enough that i'll be trading at least 1 kite up to the new model this season.

Return to “Kitesurfing”